mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Suggestions: Retired Roles (30/12)

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

it's unnecessary, and doesn't really add anything to the server other than "Proof" you were in a faction. either way you can see if someone was in a faction simply from their previous application to the faction.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

Literally what's the point? Like seriously, it doesn't do anything. Plus, changing characters will also then be a hassle. No one is going to care if you're an Ex-Reporter or an Ex-Officer because in the end, you STILL have to find it out ICly, so there's absolutely no point in the role. Other roles are there purely to differentiate people like councillor or sports teams, those are there purely so people know since they get to participate in events and stuff, as well as making it easier for their lead to know who's in the group and who isn't. The Retired role doesn't do anything, there's no lead for retired people, so there's absolutely no point in this role except for people to get a role ICly, and if you're playing SRP to get a role, then just don't play.

Mobius

Level 1
The thing is, people with adult roles can do that regardless. Retired detectives, I believe if agreed upon by the faction lead, can be called in as consultants, there's no need for substitute teachers in Karakura because that's just not the way the school system in Karakura works and there aren't enough emergencies to warrant calling upon retired emergency medical service workers.

I totally get where you're coming from with this, but I'm afraid this is where fiction, or Karakura, clashes with how SchoolRP, the server, operates.

Excellent note, thank you DarkEclipic.

Bearing this in mind, the proposed ID change could be difficult to introduce (though it's hard for me to judge that since I don't have a complete understanding of how the ID system works on the back end).

Either way, I'm still very hesitant to call it anything more than an aesthetic change.
I know that emergencies happen too rarely, but this is for roleplay, and some things must be made up.
And it is actually more of an aesthetic change, as you said.

But you got a point there because it is like a waste of manpower to use extra personnel.

justsimba

Level 60
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
I don't see what it would bring to the world of Karakura. Roles, as I understand them, are meant to be an indicator of function, they aren't cosmetic. One person has the [OFFICER] tag, meaning they work in KPD to stop crime. Another person has the [SHOPKEEPER] tag, meaning they are the owner of an official shop in Karakura. [GRADE-12] means the character is in school, [ADULT] means they aren't notable to the majority of the citizenship but they aren't young, etc.

A [RETIRED-PROFESSOR]/[RETIRED-TEACHER] wouldn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things, I feel.
I’m not gonna repeat things already said so refer to what I have above said by Robin.
People leave factions for a multitude of different reasons, either it be an OOC reason, IC reason, whatever it may be. Often times people don’t want to return but they still have that knowledge that they learned while in that position. So while I do understand what you mean by this suggestion it’s simply just not worth it in the end in my views.
A better alternative to this that Ghost has mentioned,
An alternative is to put "Retired-(role)" on their ID when they quit their faction
this I feel is something that can more easily be done. Ofc say they have to have proof that they worked somewhere if say they want their ID to mention they are retired but this in the end would work much better then trying to add roles that serve no reason and only makes thing more difficult.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- This is what the Adult role is for; adults range from ages 21 to 100​

Users who are viewing this thread