Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
IGN: HighlightedTwin
DATE:
30th of the August
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

A section in Feedback Format & Information dedicated to “Frequently or Commonly Posted Suggestions”

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This could give people a heads up as to what’s already been suggested and denied already. There’s a lot of suggestions that’s been repeatedly suggested and it makes mEh sad to agree on -1 simply because it’s already been suggested before and the person was so happy and excited to give their coolio feedback. Don’t get me wrong, some suggestions that were constantly denied eventually made it to the server which is a W but unless someone is about to pull out a PowerPoint presentation on how to make their suggestion work properly on the server with a graph of its beautiful benefits, I think for now it would be nice to see what’s already been denied many times before more of the same suggestions are brought up :]

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
massive -1

This heavily prohibits potential suggestions.

The major flaw of this is that sometimes SRP denies suggestions either due to the concept not being explained well or a slowly changing mindset not being 'quite there yet'

an example of ways this could go wrong if added:

1) Female Football Team. This used to not be allowed. (proof here)
1661922631256.png

Boys sports were boys sports and cheerleading was for girls only. This was the way set for the majority of SRP and was constantly flagged down as much as say people suggesting guns be allowed. This type of suggestion had been denied six or seven times already UNTIL!! --- eventuallyyyyy though the owner saw the benefit it brought and allowed it.
1661922737668.png

This type of player mentality growth would not happen on SRP anymore. If this suggestion was accepted --- potentially good ideas would be locked away for years and allow for the administration team to stay stubborn in their ways --- blocking what could be very good suggestions! Let people voice their oddball suggestions, no matter how outlandish or how many times it's been denied before.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
massive -1

This heavily prohibits potential suggestions.

The major flaw of this is that sometimes SRP denies suggestions either due to the concept not being explained well or a slowly changing mindset not being 'quite there yet'

an example of ways this could go wrong if added:

1) Female Football Team. This used to not be allowed. (proof here)
View attachment 34987

Boys sports were boys sports and cheerleading was for girls only. This was the way set for the majority of SRP and was constantly flagged down as much as say people suggesting guns be allowed. This type of suggestion had been denied six or seven times already UNTIL!! --- eventuallyyyyy though the owner saw the benefit it brought and allowed it.
View attachment 34988

This type of player mentality growth would not happen on SRP anymore. If this suggestion was accepted --- potentially good ideas would be locked away for years and allow for the administration team to stay stubborn in their ways --- blocking what could be very good suggestions! Let people voice their oddball suggestions, no matter how outlandish or how many times it's been denied before.
True true true
I thought of it from a perspective where people would try harder to explain how said suggestions could work better for the server instead of just saying “let’s add this”. But I see your point :]

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

I agree with Toto here. In the past, we have denied tons of cool ideas and feedback posts because of the community's mindset, or simply because of server resources/lack of an efficient developer team

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I completely agree with what you've said, but still see the benefit in having a "commonly denied suggestions" list. Clearly if it's something that's been suggested multiple times, it's an idea worth discussing, right? Perhaps someone could find a feedback post on this list, search the website for old threads about it, and create a new one with a fresher perspective and new ideas that are more relevant to the current state of the server.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I completely agree with what you've said, but still see the benefit in having a "commonly denied suggestions" list. Clearly if it's something that's been suggested multiple times, it's an idea worth discussing, right? Perhaps someone could find a feedback post on this list, search the website for old threads about it, and create a new one with a fresher perspective and new ideas that are more relevant to the current state of the server.
You explained it better than me :] I understand both sides of the coin I just think it would be good to let people see what’s been suggested already and see if they can come up with ideas to make the suggestion work in one way or another

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- Opinions on topics change over the years, preventing players from suggesting something that was denied 6 months+ ago isn't something we'd be interested in doing

Users who are viewing this thread