touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
IGN:
wandakii
DATE:
06/08/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Heyyy guys, this suggestion combines the voices of the shrine staff put into one thread, as we all want it to be implemented! I'd like to propose that all Shrine roles, Priest and Maiden, be re-positioned above Adults in the city tab, as this is still a faction of people with a JOB. Just like government employees, EMS, and the KPD!! I do not believe that Priests and Maidens should be reduced to the status of suspended or expelled individuals!
Both roles were previously above adult roles, as they should be, but for some reason, that hadn't been the case for the past month or so. Just as people would check the tab to see if hospital staff is online (yes, it is meta gaming tab) to see if they would skiprp a situation that does indeed necessitate the assistance of an EMS. People would look at the tab, see shrine workers on, and then go to the shrine!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This assists the faction in carrying out their quotas properly. More people would come and interact with the staff as well, keeping the grounds much more active, especially with guests.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I do believe this was a bug and not at all intentional from what I've heard, but it should be fixed.

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1
should just be a simple hierarchy number fix, why not

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I don't really think it's that much of a big deal if I'm being completely honest. As far as I know, shrine staff in essence are volunteer/do things for religious reasons, not for money. I don't believe that moving any role around on tab gets you better activity.

Factions gain activity via IC/OOC advertisement, events, and more. There are plenty of methods used on the server for boosting activity and reputation. Adjusting what you see on the tab isn't one of those methods in my opinion.

Lastly, I will admit that the shrine faction is "inactive", however that can easily be flipped around if you're willing to put in the hard work and dedication IC and OOCly to gain more roleplay experience and make the shrine a better place. I myself took hours out of my days to dedicate to the town faction and boost their activity there. You shouldn't have to wait for staff to do something to boost your activity. That comes from the community itself whether you're "low on the city tab" or not.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
+1, but maybe more events would be cooool especially player ran ones :D

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
May I also add I don't think it's something that CAN'T be done, I just don't think that it should be the "reason" shrine faction is inactive. What you see on tab has absolutely nothing to do with activity unless you decide to metagame names. But yes, shrine do take a higher priority than suspended/expelled/animals

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
I don't really think it's that much of a big deal if I'm being completely honest. As far as I know, shrine staff in essence are volunteer/do things for religious reasons, not for money. I don't believe that moving any role around on tab gets you better activity.
well, not everyone finds it fun roleplaying with themselves to fill out a quota if no one really comes up. (offerings/cleaning/feeding koi fish that arent even there)

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
well, not everyone finds it fun roleplaying with themselves to fill out a quota if no one really comes up. (offerings/cleaning/feeding koi fish that arent even there)
If you read my reply, I was elaborating more on ways to become active and not pinning inactivity on where you stand on the city tab

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
Really doubt it would take much work to fix the issue at hand.
I'd like to see some more shrine activity so let's hope this helps.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
I really agree with Infi about that the faction is dead and its not the reason, but why not.

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Factions gain activity via IC/OOC advertisement, events, and more. There are plenty of methods used on the server for boosting activity and reputation. Adjusting what you see on the tab isn't one of those methods in my opinion.

Lastly, I will admit that the shrine faction is "inactive", however that can easily be flipped around if you're willing to put in the hard work and dedication IC and OOCly to gain more roleplay experience and make the shrine a better place. I myself took hours out of my days to dedicate to the town faction and boost their activity there. You shouldn't have to wait for staff to do something to boost your activity. That comes from the community itself whether you're "low on the city tab" or not.
Whilst I agree with you for the most part about your ideas to boost activity in a faction, I’d like to mention that the shine doesn’t have permissions to advertise themselves like a shop, they are usually stuck to very basic advise, prayer, tasks, etc to provide to players, a shrine members activity is not only made fun based on the roleplay they do at the shrine, right? It’s player interaction?

Placing them high enough on the tab list show players they are online to be visited and interacted with, whilst yes, is technically meta, it suedo gives them a reason to come on more since they are visibly now seen on tabs for players to interact with them, and you have to keep in mind that this is still just a game.

it’s very discouraging to see that 12 suspended gangRPers take your place in priority on a roster that is meant to show that you are there to begin with to do your role, some times the fix to activity is just as simple as that, even if it shouldn’t matter, it can be hard to put in that OOC/IC effort if you can’t even be seen doing it in the first place.

The i do believe the shrine should be thinking of new tasks that appeal players to actually go there, katana cutting competitions and bokken sword lessons where discussed once in a staff meeting and it sounded like a very intriguing idea that I hadn’t seen put into play.

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Whilst I agree with you for the most part about your ideas to boost activity in a faction, I’d like to mention that the shine doesn’t have permissions to advertise themselves like a shop, they are usually stuck to very basic advise, prayer, tasks, etc to provide to players, a shrine members activity is not only made fun based on the roleplay they do at the shrine, right? It’s player interaction?

Placing them high enough on the tab list show players they are online to be visited and interacted with, whilst yes, is technically meta, it suedo gives them a reason to come on more since they are visibly now seen on tabs for players to interact with them, and you have to keep in mind that this is still just a game.

it’s very discouraging to see that 12 suspended gangRPers take your place in priority on a roster that is meant to show that you are there to begin with to do your role, some times the fix to activity is just as simple as that, even if it shouldn’t matter, it can be hard to put in that OOC/IC effort if you can’t even be seen doing it in the first place.

The i do believe the shrine should be thinking of new tasks that appeal players to actually go there, katana cutting competitions and bokken sword lessons where discussed once in a staff meeting and it sounded like a very intriguing idea that I hadn’t seen put into play.
I had explained in previous replies that I’m indeed not against moving them on tab, and that I agree that being placed below those who are suspended and expelled could be demotivating, however it shouldn’t be the “cause of inactivity”. As far as the whole advert thing goes, no you cannot advert for shrine activity, but you can host flash events in any and every faction and change things on your own accord to boost activity. For example, town faction was extremely inactive until I eventually developed the “Criminal Trial” which overall boosted activity greatly within the faction. If you come up with a great idea, suggest it to your faction lead and it could very well be seen through and I’m sure Rei is 100% understanding and open to new ideas.

That said, yes, shrine should be thinking of new tasks and things to do (I really like that bokken suggestion), however I will not acknowledge “being low on tab” as the main reason for inactivity.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

What I would have said, though I wasn't pinning the inactivity just on placement.
Well said!!

Users who are viewing this thread