Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

SuperAwesomeName

Discord Name & Tag:
xtroube | T-racer#3602

Previous bans:
None and I plan on keeping it that way!

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say that I'm pretty active overall. I get online every day for at least 3–4 hours, so I’d say like a 7 out of 10. Of course, that's not always going to be like that since every human has a life and either has to go to work or school. On weekends, it heavily changes to way more hours if there's nothing that I currently have planned. But as soon as I get accepted, I will be able to prove my activity like that too. Not only will I be active for a short period of time, but I intend to stay constantly active in the hope of improving and getting promoted too. I am capable of being an active member and a leader too. My activity is not proven by words but by actions, so I'm prepared to be tested and put on trial and show my command that I will stand out as an activity and a skill.

Which timezone are you in?
Switzerland's CET normally, CEST during summertime

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
[Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ems-application-surgeon.49857/

[Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/kpd-application-superawesomename.56933/

What is your motivation for applying?:
I applied for this position because I believe I'm fit for it. My motivation is not only because I want to try something new. It has also come by itself over time after seeing the work that the KPD does. I’ve heard cool things happen through EMS, and I have many friends that have been or still are in the KPD faction. Meeting new people and getting to know them through roleplay or out-of-character, building up a nice little friendship while going on patrols or more together. I am a pretty active person. I know what I'm doing, and I'm intending to help out the command by doing what I'm ordered and listening to my leaders to make a good connection and great communication skills between me and the command.

I believe I'm a good example for my fellow applicants too. I'll not let them down, but I'll help them up and work together in order to make our "work" more effective. Going to training, doing KPD tests, climbing different kinds of ranks higher, and maybe becoming something big in the faction one day. Something that probably does get mentioned a lot but is also the same for me is that I’ve been interested in police work out of roleplay too. It's my plan after I'm done with my 4-year apprenticeship that I am currently on to get a better look inside the police department.

What knowledge do you have of police work?

There's honestly not a lot of knowledge that I do have of police work on this server, yet I’d still say that I do understand and have the knowledge for pretty much the basics. And I would be extremely motivated and patient to learn more about the knowledge of police work that we do here on the server. The basics that I do know right now are, for example, the ranks that can be found on the Discord server and some of the equipment that the KPD uses. Of course, there are also the overall rules on the server and the rules for gang rp, which probably matter a lot.

I do know some stuff about the Karakura Law, which could be helpful in some way. Not only that, but I also know about the ‘activities’ that the KPD does, such as Patrols and Investigations, which is more of a detective's job, dealing with kidnappings, finding other people, going on desk duty at the front desk, or dealing with dangerous situations, as well as going over to the training and listening while taking some notes that are getting hosted at a specific time that the trainees try to choose with their trainer to attend to.

Now I'm trying to explain more in-depth what I think is the most used and important equipment they have here.

Taser: The taser seems like one of the things you’re going to use most of the time, as it's very helpful in dealing with criminals that have weapons or are trying to run away. It could also be misused by other officers in a lot of different ways, which makes the Taser once again very dangerous. You have to use it carefully, and you've got to make sure you’re not aiming at anyone innocent.

Glock…?: I am not sure what exactly the Glock is called here, but the Glock is an important and also very dangerous weapon to the KPD. Not everyone is allowed to wield this kind of gun, as you could accidentally cause harm to someone completely innocent in seconds. You need to be trained to use that, and misusing it will surely lead to big trouble. Not everyone is able to handle a gun like that. You need to think and make good decisions before using it.

Police Radio: The radio is surely also one of the main and most important things you will need to know how to use properly. The radio is something you should always keep your mind on, since it can save your life and many others just by communicating with your co-workers. It is important to stay serious while using it at all times. You need to have it on you all the time. It is very important for exchanging locations, identifying injuries that the current victim has, or getting an EMS worker to the scene.

Police handcuffs: Handcuffs also seem like something more important to me, since they're very needed and useful whenever trying to arrest somebody for the crime they have committed. Without them, the criminals would be way more dangerous, as they could just pull out a weapon and wield it around.

The Bodycam: The bodycam seems to be one of the more important things to know about since it can be very helpful in a lot of situations. Such as for gathering evidence against someone who could be possibly corrupt, or it could be used whenever you’re currently in a dangerous situation.

Luminol spray: From what I have seen, the luminol spray also seems very important for the KPD, as it can detect any blood on different kinds of metal objects, such as ballistic masks. Which then can reveal a lot of different crimes that they could or would have committed with it.

Police car or bike: The police car or bike is also very important (as long as there is no snow) to the KPD as it helps them move around from place to place quickly, getting there as early as possible in a situation where it could go into a life or death situation. Even a few seconds could matter a lot.

Ranks, starting from the lowest!

MAIN DIVISION

Cadet
Patrol Officer
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant

For the detective division, I'm pretty sure that you also then have to do a test/exam to make sure that you are ready to go that way.
DETECTIVE DIVISION

Detective Constable
Detective chief inspector
Detective Superintendent

And of course, there's also the lead division if you can call it that. That's where the Police Captain and Commissioner fall into.
This is definitely not all, but the most that I think, I know at the moment.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
I believe that the police play a critical role in SRP. They are helpful in multiple roles, from enforcing laws to ensuring the safety of citizens and saving hostages, preventing drug dealers, predicting crimes, and so much more. They are even helpful in health and fire situations. They are going to be there for those in need of help, no matter the time or the circumstances. I believe police officers are a great tool for everyone, and without them, robberies are going to happen without getting arrested, and hundreds of murders without getting investigated.

Police are needed at any time, past, present, and future. Why? Past for the investigation of old crimes, which could lead to an active organization. for enforcing the law on those who break it immediately. Future for detecting gang activity and their future plans, which are usually caught by undercover cops. Or so-called detectives. At this point, we all know that in this city called Karakura, there is a lot of chaos that could not get cleaned up without the KPD. Even though you can't get rid of everything, you still get something done. And it is way better than not trying at all.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do and I totally agree with that.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I’ll be as dedicated as possible towards the role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I’m aware of that and agree with it.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Oliwia Iwaskiewicz

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
she/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Ph.D. (Finishing Russia’s postgraduate military course at Moscow's University which includes law majors)

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
German and Polish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Oliwia Iwaskiewicz is a Polish female standing at 5'4. Her posture makes Oliwia look pretty professional and serious. She would actually have a semi-muscular build and nice light brown hair that complimented her face, along with green eyes and some freckles that have been found spotted across her face and body. She usually looks tired, even though you would easily guess that that kind of person actually has a healthy sleeping schedule. (Unlike a lot of other people here, please get more sleep.) Oliwia is usually found either wearing glasses or contact lenses since without them it's pretty hard for her to see.

She has been nearsighted for a lot of years now. As it started at a young age. Sadly, after all those years, her eyes didn't get any better, but she started accepting them just as they were. Oliwia usually doesn't look friendly at all, which is in fact not true. Even if her way of starting conversations might seem a bit weird at first, looking at some of the comments she makes, which make her quite unique, she is actually a nice person who respects everyone.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional situation, they don't act like anything special, aka. Nothing too crazy at all. They act mature, understanding, and respectful no matter what kind of situation is currently going on. If there's a situation happening right now where something dangerous is happening, then it quickly changes to her being very calm and having her guard up at all times. Acting ‘silly’ or joking around in this kind of situation is something you should definitely not do. You don't know what could happen next.

Of course, in casual situations where nothing really dangerous is happening at all, such as standing at the front desk on duty with a partner, Oliwia would most likely start a conversation, getting to know their co-worker and building up some trust and friendship. Oliwia, of course, also jokes around at times, but she clearly knows when the limit is reached and when it's actually time to stop. As soon as a call would get in, though, she’d quickly get prepared to go out if there was another officer on duty to go with her.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
"The idea of teamwork and looking out for my co-workers is important, especially in policing. Usually, patrol starts with two minimum officers. So we might as well learn how to communicate in critical moments and teamwork together through tough situations, which is not going to be much of a problem since communication is a good way to also start a nice little friendship. Having a partner by your side is something you should take advantage of. Being in a dangerous situation without anyone near to help you can end pretty badly. Which is why having a patrol partner... Having a co-worker with you is always a good idea. You help your co-worker, and you help your co-worker. Also, VIP protection is living proof of teamwork; they protect the protectee together through close protection, patrolling the perimeter, and so on. As an example, whenever a governor is giving a speech at the big tree in the shopping district. You must have a good look and make a nice impression on your mates to bond together in patrol, and you should be there for your partner at all times. This means you must have their back, even if they have just argued with you. It is your duty to complete it. Also, teamwork is effective in breaching houses and hostage situations. Teamwork is how the department runs and protects the city. You alone cannot stop crime in the city. So work properly, use radio communications, and communicate with other co-workers nearby."

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
A leader. Aside from previous experience, I am different as a leader because I want to learn from my members, regardless of how low their rank is. Learning from others' mistakes could teach you something or two, which I would do as a leader. I would assist my members by correcting them and being there for them when needed. I will also be a great figure and example for them and have that leadership motivation to engage. whenever I order something I will create. I’ll also hire my assistants below me well by carefully considering me and their high ranks. We will choose people to lead under us, not by favoritism but by skills and loyalty. I also have experience with multiple skills, like excellent communication and teamwork.

Everyone starts off as a follower, which is not bad at all. As a follower, you mostly start learning the information you need to become a leader unless you’re rather a follower that wants it to stay like that. Becoming a leader is something that should take some time. In that time, you get to know your position and your co-workers, building up a lot of trust. It is really important to take the leadership role very seriously. They should be clear and understandable if you need to give out commands. Having a leader that you can rely on is a big step toward good teamwork in the most dangerous situations. The followers trust the leader, and the leader trusts the followers.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Oliwia Iwaskiewicz grew up in Łagów a small village in Poland near the German border. Oliwia grew up bilingual, learning both German and Polish while growing up. Her childhood was rather calm she was a part of a healthy and happy family with quite a lot of income. Oliwia, from a young age, was a fast learner; she learned both German and Polish quite quickly, was very creative, gentle, kind, and remembered stuff fast. Oliwia was also a very adventurous child; she'd always prove herself and stand up for those weaker than her or those who at least seemed weaker than her. She'd do simple stuff like picking up toads, snails and snakes to bring them to a safer spot or a different road size, she'd help everywhere in the household and often just bring home stray cats or dogs sometimes trying her best to convince her parents to keep them though they'd often just end up at a shelter which she'd help out in once she'd get older.

Oliwia, with her kind, protective, sleek, and smart personality, would always view the positive in life; you rarely saw her upset, mad, or fully crying unless she was truly hurt. She always made sure to view the ups and downs of her life as a lesson and as training for harder challenges that will come her way in the future, which also explains her current career choice. During her teen years, Oliwia would make sure to embrace her interests, hobbies, and kindness as much as possible. She'd often help out in homeless shelters and donate a lot of food, and she helped out in the animal shelter. Honestly, anywhere Oliwia was, she'd help out and try to give her voice to minorities or to those who were too shy to raise it. Oliwia wants to stand for the respect and truth of the world; basically, justice is her full-on motto. Due to her kind and fair spirit, she became a councilor in her school and was quickly promoted to school president. She'd host a lot of charity events in the school, do a lot of protests for basic human rights, and clear hundreds of fights within her school. Although Oliwia was kind-hearted, she always thought those who committed a crime or hurt others on purpose deserved punishment, which bothered her at her school because, even as the school's president, she did not have as much power as someone may think. Oliwia accepted this fact and went on. Oliwia would finish school quite early, with many scholarships and school recommendations.

Later on, she would travel across all of Europe to find a study place that fit her most. Oliwia would end up studying in Russia at Moscow's university. There was a military class year she was interested in, it was taught in English and was taught to countries of the former Warsaw Pact. Oliwia, being from Poland and having straight A's in school, was directly accepted. She really enjoyed that year, as it had a lot to do with human rights, law, and sports. There, Oliwia met people from all types of places, but one person who really stuck with her was a much younger girl in her class named Inessa I. Vissarionovich, also known as Ina. At first glance, Ina seemed rather fragile and weird to Oliwia, which is why she got so close to her in the first place. In comparison, Oliwia was 22 and Ina was just barely 16. It became an instinct for Oliwia to be a protective figure, which she'd try to be, yet Ina basically proved she'd need anything but help from her. Despite the fact that the two go along, sharing a lot of interests and opinions, both would spend their time doing silly stuff and helping out somewhere. Both acted as if they were siblings who always knew each other, even though they met just a short time ago. At the end of their year, they both ended the postgraduate military course and would split, yet they stayed in contact. Oliwia would then move to Japan, where she'd take multiple years studying law again to follow her all-time dream of becoming a police officer. The backstory of hers really shows and proves how much she strives towards such a job, as she wants to bring justice and equality and help out where she can. Currently, Oliwia is living in Karakura, Japan, where she also reunited with her best friend Inessa. She always tries to stay fit and stays up to date with news, mainly those of the KPD. She is a kind and loving soul, ready to help anyone or act for what is right.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Owning a pocket knife in Karakura is, in fact, illegal. Even a simple pocket knife can be very dangerous, as it can cause permanent damage to someone. If I saw someone owning or ‘playing’ around with a pocket knife, I’d immediately call over some assistance and then try to take a better look into it, carefully taking the knife off of the person, and arresting them for illegal weaponry before anyone else gets seriously injured.

And if I found a bloody pocket knife on a patrol, I would inform my co-workers and try to get the fingerprints off of it. If that would not work, I would go to the EMS to give it to them, so they can take the DNA off of it and start to compare it to the Karakura hospital blood database, hoping to find any good results out there and hopefully find the wounded person, trying to get more information on the person that was in the hold of the so-called pocket knife.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Wooden cane | A wooden cane used to help other people with mobility issues.
Paracetamol | A pain medication used to treat mild pain and aches. It also reduces high-temperature fevers.
Glasses | Glasses that help patients improve their poor eyesight
Eyepatches | A wrappable bandage used to cover and protect the eye
Cough Syrup | A syrup used by patients to relieve coughing, sneezing, and other cold-related symptoms.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
It would depend on the situation; maybe my co-worker had probable and valid cause to assault the inmate as an act of physical self-defense. If not, it's considered an abuse of power.
Even if the inmate did something bad to get arrested, doesn’t mean that my co-worker could then abuse their power like this. So I’ll step In and try to gain evidence to use against the co-worker and try to bring someone with power, like a higher-up in the faction, to stop the situation before the inmate is seriously injured.

Meanwhile, I also took the actions needed to stop the co-worker from hurting the inmate. Such as pulling the officer off of them and making sure they would stay back and not get near them again. If the inmate has gotten injured, since I wouldn't have arrived in time or for any other reason, I would immediately call over an EMS worker to get them checked out, ensuring that they are doing just fine, and escorting them back into the cell. We don't want a dying inmate in the cells.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If my co-worker is being assaulted, depending on the distance and the situation, it would heavily determine my reaction. If my co-worker was far away, I would immediately call for backup, quickly making my way there and hopefully arriving on time to assist my co-worker as much as possible. Keeping my co-workers safe is one of my top priorities; making sure that they are not in a dangerous situation where they could get seriously hurt is something I really look after. If my co-worker is nearby, I would react quickly and assist to the best of my ability, and then after we’re in cover, I would call in for assistance. Before that, I would try to identify the people that are currently causing this situation, giving my co-workers that I called in for assistance some communication using the radio. After that, I would quickly bring my co-worker to the hospital so EMS could make sure that they weren't seriously hurt.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Corrupt co-workers are considered traitors. It's a severe issue that should always be dealt with within our faction. And this time, we have two choices. To report him and arrest him immediately, or to follow them with higher-ranking police officers or detectives. Watching and then arresting the co-worker and their organization if there is enough proof that would lead to this. That choice goes to the upper ranks, but it is my duty as an employee to report it after trying my best and gathering the needed proof to do so anyway. Trying to gather evidence without having told the higher-ups is a big no since I could've always been found spying on them in a not-so-good time, which could easily lead me into a pretty dangerous situation where I would not be able to get out of there that easily. And not having told anyone won't help me at all either. So I will most likely not experience something good after.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would immediately refuse and then warn the briber, telling them that I am an officer and also telling them to immediately stop whatever they are trying to do, or the next time they attempted such a thing, it would lead to an arrest and that they would be fined a good little amount of cash. Even thinking of trying to bribe an officer is not a good idea at all. I mean, maybe sometimes it would work, but definitely not with me. Accepting such a bribe would make me corrupt. Which is definitely not the way I'm really trying to go. Corrupt co-workers are something that should really get looked into. It’s getting worse the more there are here, which is why they have to be found as quickly as possible. The power a criminal would have if they had a corrupt officer on their side is really bad. It could lead to many different bad things, such as the officer leaking multiple pieces of secret information that shouldn’t have been leaked or getting stuff into the cell of the criminal's accomplice, for whatever reason at all.​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES