IGN: SushiSanwich

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): mayios

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Indeed i do

Your time zone and current country of residence: EST, Northern America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

• Staff Application | Accepted
Accepted - AllenBUwU's Staff Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
I write a lot. But why is this perhaps an obstruction? Well, as i'll explain further down in the application, I am a reporter, possibly soon to be journalist, and an english teacher. I do a LOT of writing as is for the server, so I'm sure at times I may have a lot being thrown at me to write and perhaps not a lot of time to do it. Now of course some good time management can fix this, but it is still something to take note of.
School of course, is also a given to also why I may have some issues in the future completing tasks. Usually school for me isn't an issue, as with the classes I take I have a little work load to bring home, but that still limits my hours of when and where I can do things.
Motivation, simple as that. I can write a good thing or two anytime, but if i'm really motivated to do it or not will definitely change the time it takes for me to do it.
TL;DR: Possibility of having to work on other writing projects at the same time for factions, School, Motivation.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing has always been something I've been passionate about, as it's one of the few things that's always come naturally to me. As someone with ADHD, a lot of subjects in school when younger were often a struggle or something I needed help with. However, writing always was my strong suit, and was one of the things teachers did not need to correct or help me with often. This gave me a strong confident base which expanded to where I am now. Writing is something I genuinely find cool and I absolutely love watching others roleplay out situations and seeing how stories unfold all together. The piecing of things together, the connecting the dots and ‘ohh’ moments when writing or reading is truly something I feel ill never get bored of.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have a lot of experience with writing as a whole on SRP, and I believe its a fair statement to say writing is an essential part of my activity on SRP as well. On my main account, AllenBuwU I am the longtime Head of Department for English, and have been teaching such for over a year. There I've taught others Professional literature throughout the year, from Writing prompts, Law literature, journalism, Legalese, newsletters, etc, I've taught it, wrote, and made IC textbooks about it as well. On my other account, SushiSanwich where I am applying, I am in the reporter faction as the Senior Reporter. Similarly to my main, I've been a part of the faction for about a year now. Of course, with the reporter faction the whole aspect of quotas is writing articles. Unlike the overall genre of literature I use on my Teacher account, in the reporter faction I focus on detailed serious writing and narratives where I write extensive articles about major events, new areas & lore, and also exposing some IC actions as well. On this account as well, I have actually assisted in creating some lore alongside the lore team. Notably, I assisted in the creation of an official lore character named Hayami Mori who is a reporter who died around valentines day infront of town hall, murdered. Former lore team member DarkEclipic came up with the base, and through my reports I extended further into it. I managed to turn it into lore that links back to KPD and Karakura News as a whole, having her death be the one time in Karakura history that KPD and Ka News were on fully well terms, no rivalry, no side glances, nothing. I also gave names and more of a story that was left out. This can be found here: https://schoolrp.net/t/57848/ . Another way I've also helped with some lore overtime is through interviews, interviewing characters of those involved in lore and more and showing it through articles, this can be found in various reports so I won't link any specifics. On this account as well, I've also applied for Journalism club, where instead of writing more serious reports I plan to take some time to relax, write more silly narratives and shorter articles about everyday school life, pranks, etc.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
To put it plain and simple, Lore is the backstory, the history and the explanation of people, places and things. Without lore, stuff doesn't have much of a meaning or importance anymore. No matter how small, or large, lore is important, as it also highly influences roleplay. For example, Itsbyoshi path. Without the Tsumugi curse lore, or the old saiky estate being located there, etc, it's literally just some path with a weird tomb at the end. With that being said, lore also just makes areas.. Make sense! Going back to the Itsbyoshi stuff, as said, without the lore it's just a random weird path with an unexplained tomb and graves. Now we can make the assumption something odd is up, but we don't know for sure .. but! When we add the lore, have the curse there, etc, it now makes things make sense - in addition, it now allows people to go there KNOWING it's haunted so they have more ideas of what they wish to roleplay out there.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

June 19th - The Yakuza and The Informant | 895 words

The two criminals stood over ‘Mike’ Akihito’s grave, two from very different stories, very different lives. One was seemingly more distraught than the other.. He was in mechanic attire. The informant gone wrong, the one sewpt up too easily. The other, a former Akihito Clan member who's lost it years ago, surely. Words were already exchanged at the scene between the two men,
- "I aint tryna brag, ain't usin' this as a threat! Ya' don't understand how much I do, or how much I care, I may be dumb but I ain't stupid like I act sometimes. And sometimes I wish you'd see that." Said the mechanic, Michael Sada. The other male, Aki Masahiko, gripped his wrist with his other hand.. Clenching his fist, holding it down. He was clearly fighting and pondering on whether he should throw another punch or not. Whether that'd even do much, who knows? This guy is pretty rusty now in days.
"...Fuckin' enlighten me then. Whaddya' know, Sada…” He spoke through his clenched teeth,
“When I met'chu, you didn't even fuckin' know where Kabuki-cho was... So tell me what you fuckin' know about me.. About my family." Aki shouted, still gripping his wrist. The younger male hesitated to respond, choking on his words as the tears kept pouring down his face,
"I DID KNOW! I've always known.. but i loved being around you, you tellin' me stuff.. explaining to me things I found interestin', sticking by you, bickerin' .. To me you ARE family, because ya' know what? You're with me more then my god damn father." He sniffled, looking to the side,
"I know too damn much n' have done things i cry about n' its terrifying sometimes. So I play stupid with you because at least in those moments. i at least get to act like some good kid, someone who did resort to some intel and business bullshit as a means cause some rich Polish deadbeat model for a mom decided to ship em away.." He rubbed his face where it can only be assumed he got hit previously, it stung, "When I'm around ya', I'm just some annoying brat whos oblivious to some aspects of this city n' let me tell ya', its the best thing thats happened in a long time.. To get to pretend to be at least a little bit normal..'' His voice cracked as he tried too hold back tears, failing miserably.
“So yes Aki, I followed you, I got curious n' I'm sorry my ass got pure pressured by some women I thought I would trust. But that doesn't mean shit for how I actually feel or for who I actually am." Masahiko stood there, waiting and listening as Michael poured his heart out. He considered the words he'd heard deeply, like he did with every word Sada had said to him... Unbeknownst to the kid, however, Aki was the exact same way. Everything about Aki was an act. The craziness, the stupidness, the loyalty. He truly was just the product of pure and utter manipulated trauma. A man who's never even known himself. A man who's lost everything to the monster he is. A man who truly hates himself. But.. He'd never let anyone know that. He allowed his arms to drop to the side… He seemed empty. A lack of emotion filled the air around him. That is, until the emotion hit. Or, hit Sada. With that, Aki launched a completely off-guard fist right into Michael’s gut, a punch from a self proclaimed fighter. Sada took it like a champ. He stood strong for it, hell he stood straight for a moment as he looked Aki in the eyes before bending over a bit. The adrenaline helped with the pain. Thank god he didn't have any stitches there, like how Aki did.
"... I.. I-I know I deserve that.. I lied to you for so long just to feel a lil ... Normal, n' happy. I thought it would be a nice white lie that would just reveal itself with time n' everythin' would be all fine.." He sniffed, going to his knees, more tears formed in his eyes.
"Ya' so much like family That it's actually embarassin' ... Yur' the first person in so long to be there semi constantly and understand some shit I been through... To be similar in some ways. Ya' really did make me feel included so left out... In a way I got ahead of myself n' I followed ya’ cause I was upset you didn't tell me..” The crocodile tears started soon after that, more words began to be exchanged between the two. Voices raised and lowered. The day was so sunny and clear .. It mocked them both. Masahiko, the big tough Yakuza man, had no idea what the feelings he felt were. They were all so distant too him. The only familiar one was an overwhelming confusion. Aki turned away from his younger companion... Was he crying? Or did he just have pollen in his eyes?
"Qu..- Quit followin' me." Aki mumbled out coldly. He was thinking of his daughter.
"You don't need me in yer life.." He spoke the final words of the conversation before slowly walking away… Leaving Michael to slowly crumble to the ground in front of ‘Mike’ Akihito's grave.. In emotional and physical pain.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines

Najami Nakasa ; a spoken story of a once in a lifetime alliance. | 949 words.

.. ‘BREAKING NEWS: NAJAMI NAKASA ARRESTED FOR THE MURDER OF ASUKA MORI',

That's what the newspaper headlines stated in 2005, Karakura’s own news station reporting on their lead being arrested for murder. Some say this was the beginning of a darker turn for KA-News, one that set the precedent of crime being affiliated with their members, yet never being caught. Others say it started the secrets and cover ups .. The reason why the News stopped covering too harsh of topics, sticking to only the major or little occurrences of the city. Perhaps it was to keep attention off oneself.. Afraid someone may find more than they bargained for. But why? What happened to Najami Nakasa, and who did he supposedly murder? The story starts with yet another breaking news headline, again involving a fellow news reporter.

1999 Murder - News Reporter Hayami Mori Found Dead at Townhall’s Doorstep’

Reporter Hayami Mori was a 5’5”, 35 years old Japanese Female. She had Long, Sleek, neat Black hair normally kept in a high ponytail, her eyes would be a bright emerald.. She had Freckles that ran across the bridge of her nose. As for her voice? Voice soothing, slightly monotoned. Her father was Karakura Police Sergeant Asuka Mori, who served with Department for 10 years before the incident occurred. He was made the prime suspect of the murder. Why wouldn't he be? His daughter was going against him, and was about to uncover something big. But he was cleared awfully fast, that's something the police won't tell you. There was likely no investigation at the time, seeing as how genuinely corrupt the police were under the commissioners iron fist, no officer, especially a sergeant of his time was going to be charged with such a crime and be found guilty.. So why not just say he was cleared? Perfect story, isn't it?

No one realized this at the time, however. If anything, people seemed relieved it was over, seemed relieved this loving father was found innocent .. And were happy to learn someone else committed such a heinous crime. It was at Hayami’s funeral after party where a famous photo was taken. Nakasa held the commissioner's weapon, a glock in his free hand, while the commissioner held Nakasa’s newspaper with his.. They shook hands. Her death brought the two stations together, an unspoken alliance formed between the two departments. It was great, truly it was! The News painted KPD in an honorable light, one well enough to convince the public that perhaps it wasn't so bad. In exchange, the police allowed the news onto restricted scenes and areas in order to do their reports. How Nice. How fake.

It took six years for it to all fall apart. Six years of planning. Six years of investigation. Six years of getting really fed up with the police. Hayami Mori may have been a head investigator for the corruption case, but the lead reporter himself was at the very front of it. His investigation did not end. No one took the time to look into Sergeant Asuka besides him. It's a shame Asuka died before the investigation ended, though it never seemed like Nakasa cared.. He seemed pleased with the outcome, at best.

2004, that's the year where Asuka Mori was found dead in late December. If you exit the Kagoshima subway station and turn around.. Go straight back past the old news station, you'll find a sewer entrance. He was found there slumped over in a weird position, like he fell. Like he was dumped there. It wasn't hard for his fellow policemen to find him, that sewer entrance for KPD was right nearby, after all. Didn't take long for an arrest to be made, either.

BREAKING NEWS: NAJAMI NAKASA ARRESTED FOR THE MURDER OF ASUKA MORI.',

We’re back to this title now. Najami Nakasa, he had more charges than just the murder of Asuka Mori, his employees did as well. Several were arrested for conspiracy, several for illegal weaponry. All their charges were dropped, everyone but the mastermind, Najami Nakasa. He thought he knew for all six years who truly killed his beloved.. He still pleaded not guilty, nonetheless.

Nakasa was in jail until his court hearing on February 15, 2005. Him and an officer by the name of Tenko Tarokizarmon left the station at 3:30 PM in a squad car. They never arrived at Town Hall. Matter of fact, they never arrived anywhere. It's like they vanished. Tanko Tarokizarmon and Najami Nakasa were presumed dead only six months later, no cameras, no tire tracks, no eye witnesses. No one knew what happened to them. No justice was served.

Ever since then, there's been an unspoken rivalry between that police department and KA-News. it's embedded in their minds to not like one another. It's like school journalists and the reporters, they clash .. For no apparent reason. But there is a reason here, dating back to this. It started with the reporters who were involved and initially charged by the police at the same time as Nakasa's arrest. These individuals were constantly bad mouthing the police to their new hires, spreading the word and gossip down work generations. As for KPD, they began too constantly prevent the news from doing their job. Times changed as the new reporter lead came, a new hope, same as for a new commissioner who just happened to be more corrupt then the last. And then here we are today. Reporters to this day seem to have a secret side, and the police holds their losses. Those who know of this, often wonder if Asuka was truly guilty, or if it was Najami all along.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
DENIED
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We do not currently find you suitable for the lore team.​

Users who are viewing this thread