OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:
SweetAirhead

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes, I have discord and my Username is Code#9254, I also do have a mic

List your timezone and country:
Current time in Central Daylight Time ‎(UTC-5)‎

Describe your activity:
When it comes to activity, I would rate myself 1/10 in general, but my engagement on Discord would be a solid 10/10. As for SRP , I would say my activity there is around 7/10. I've been playing since early 2022, and my passion for the game has only grown since then.

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
School: 7:45 - 4:00

When summer comes to an end, I'll continue to stay active, but my online activity might shift to later in the day. However, today is my free day, so you'll find me here throughout the entire day as usual.

When it isn't summer anymore I'm going to still be active but not be on until later in the day, I have basketball, and baseball practice every other week, but for the week that I do not have any practice I
m on.

This is usually a Free Day and I don't really do anything but play SRP on Wednesdays, but when summer comes to an end I will have to start going to school again and won't be on until later.

This is a Free Day, i'm on SRP for the majority of the day during summer time, but as stated before I have to go to school once summer is over.

This is the last day of the week, when i am mostly active and on SRP, sometimes my dad picks me up on this day, but that is once every 2 weeks, when summer ends I have to go to school as state before I have to go to school.
Free Day On the whole day, Sometimes we have family days/ move nights but that is like every other week.Free Day, I usually play SRP for the entire day on Sundays, but sometimes my dad picks me up on this day as well.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have no previous bans and I'm hoping and planning to keep it that way.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
KPD APPLICATION #2
[DENIED]

KPD APPLICATION
[DENIED]

COUNSELOR APPLICATION
[DENIED]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Recently, I've developed a genuine interest in journalism, writing, and reporting, sparking a newfound curiosity within me. While I've appreciated my current pursuits, I'm yearning to explore fresh horizons and embrace new challenges. Rather than settling for the familiar, I firmly believe in venturing beyond my comfort zone to begin an exciting journey in journalism.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I may not have alot of experience with writing, but I am fully dedicated to my travel of improvement and growth in reading and writing. Currently, I am studying and working on my writing and reading skills every day, excited to learn and develop as a writer. If I was accepted as a reporter, I believe it would be a game changer for me. Being a part of this inspiring environment would provide me with guidance, support, and resources to refine my writing abilities. The difficult situations that come with reporting would motivate me to push on with writing myself beyond my limits, constantly striving to deliver engaging and impactful stories. With each step forward, I am pretty positive that I will gain more confidence in writing.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I have thoroughly read and understood the rules provided, and I solemnly pledge to adhere to them diligently and responsibly.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I set myself apart from other applicants through my genuine passion for journalism and storytelling. With strong communication skills in both writing and speaking, I stand out at transporting information clearly and accurately. What makes me unique is my inquisitive nature, always eager to ask the right questions and delve deep into the heart of a story. I am adaptable and quick, embracing different topics and environments with enthusiasm. My keen eye for research and investigative techniques allows me to find credible sources and deliver in-depth stories. in addition, my different storytelling approach lures in readers' attention with a fresh and captivating angle. I possess resilience and tenacity, driving me to pursue stories diligently, even in the face of challenges. Culturally sensitive and socially aware, I am committed to portraying stories with accuracy and respect for diverse communities. As a team player, I collaborate seamlessly with editors, photographers, and fellow journalists in a newsroom setting. My proficiency in digital and multimedia skills enables me to craft engaging content across various platforms, keeping up with the ever-changing media landscape. With prior experience and an unwavering commitment to continuous learning and growth, I am eager to embark on a rewarding journey as a dedicated reporter, using my storytelling prowess to make a positive impact.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Absolutely, I am fully committed to keeping a neutral opinion at all times. I have no interest in engaging in any OOCLY drama, and I am determined to ensure it remains that way. ICLY, I can guarantee you that I will never participate in any actions or behaviors that would disrupt the integrity of the role-playing experience or compromise the enjoyment of others.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I am fully committed to maintaining an active presence and consistently meeting my monthly quota.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
As a reporter, the work entails uncovering and presenting unbiased, accurate information through engaging storytelling. Ethical reporting, positive impact, continuous growth, and building trust with the audience are key elements. The role involves balancing objectivity and empathy while empowering underrepresented voices and using language responsibly. Overall, it's a meaningful and impactful profession that requires dedication and passion for sharing stories that matter.

1690019576524.png

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Yoo-Bin Kim
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Mr.Kim or YBK.
Current Age (25+):
I am currently 26 years of age

Past job/work experience:
I had the option to work as a staff writer, and of course, I took it. At the age of 24 to 25, even if it was a short amount of time, I still enjoyed it. As part of this role in my workplace, I added to various projects and publications, growing my writing skills and gaining valuable experience. Despite the limited duration, I approached the position with dedication and enthusiasm, striving to produce high-quality content that resonated with readers. Working as a staff writer allowed me to embrace storytelling, research, and communication in a professional setting, further fueling my passion for journalism. Although the tenure was short, the lessons I learned helped my journey as a writer and reporter.

Degree/qualifications:

I am proud to hold a Bachelor's degree in Journalism and a Master's degree in Criminology, both of which I received from the Sam Kim/김샘수학 University.

Nationality and born location:
Korean, Andong Korea

Phone Number:
030-182-9208

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I'm a people person, and I strongly believe in justice. I really want to write, and I love using words to express my feelings on matters and bring attention to important things. Engaging in conversations and sharing my interests with others is something I genuinely enjoy. Justice is very important to me, and it's what inspires my writing, pushing me to support meaningful issues. I'm not scared of speaking my mind and supporting what I think is right. I have a genuine thirst for knowledge and love sharing it with others, adding an enthusiastic and friendly vibe to any conversation or gathering.
(105 Words)

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
As a writer, I'm passionate about exploring criminals t KPD work. Through a lot of research, I'll check out the psychology of criminals and the challenges faced by law enforcement professionals. My goal is to create compelling narratives that offer multifaceted perspectives on crime and justice, challenging stereotypes, and inspiring understanding. Despite the emotional challenges, I'm committed to approaching these subjects with sensitivity and empathy, going beyond my comfort zone to craft powerful and thought-provoking stories. And yes, I would definitely consider stepping out of my comfort zone.

What are your expectations for the job?:
As a reporter, my expectations for the role are clear. Truth and accuracy: Presenting unbiased, accurate information is my top priority. Engaging Storytelling: I aim to captivate the audience with compelling and meaningful stories. Ethical Reporting, Transparency, fairness, and respect guide my journalistic principles. Positive Impact: I hope my work contributes to positive change and empowers the community. Continuous Growth: I am committed to learning, adapting, and improving my skills. Building Trust, Establishing a strong relationship with the audience through accountability and responsiveness Balancing Objectivity and Empathy, Striving to remain objective while understanding people's experiences Empowering the Underrepresented: Giving voice to marginalized communities and unheard perspectives Responsible Language, Using the power of words thoughtfully and compassionately These expectations shape my passion for meaningful and impactful journalism

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I have no criminal record and plan to keep it that way.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

I speak both Japanese and Korean

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

"Get Ready for an Epic Week of Sports in Karakura: Thrills, Teamwork, and Lasting Friendships!"

[!] A sort of clicking noise would be playing before the camera turned on, showing Yoo-Bin Kim with his fingers interlaced [!]

Greetings once again, Karakura! As we delve further into the details of the upcoming week-long summer tournaments, let's take a closer look at what each day holds for all you sports enthusiasts out there!

Pep Rally Day (Sunday): Sunday, The excitement is contagious as the town gathers for a jaw-dropping pep rally! Picture this: Spartans versus Bobcats in a heart-pounding football showdown! Get ready to witness entertaining slide tackles, lightning-fast footwork, and jaw-dropping goals that'll have the bleachers erupting with excitement! Who will emerge victorious and claim the championship of the football tournament? The spartans?! The bobcats?! The climactic conclusion will surely be worth the wait!

Volleyball Day (Monday): Monday comes alive with the electric atmosphere of Volleyball Day! It's a fast-paced, high-flying spectacle as the Bobcats and Spartans spike, dive, and save their way to glory! Expect nail-biting rallies, gravity-defying saves, and unbelievable teamwork. Get ready to be blown away by the sheer skill and determination of these rising volleyball stars. Which team will be claiming the Karakura Volleyball Championship?

Basketball Day (Tuesday): The excitement will be soaring high as the Spartans boys and girls go head-to-head against the Bobcats. With their impressive skills, strategic plays, and passionate fans filling the arena, none of that will matter if they don't have any chemistry and aren't using any teamwork. It's bound to be an electrifying day! So brace yourselves for a basketball showdown that will keep you on the edge of your seats! But that's only if you attend; it is being hosted in the basketball courts, and everyone of all ages is welcome.

Baseball Day (Wednesday): Wednesday is all about the Baseball event, and it's time to witness some serious sportsmanship on the field. The Spartans, known for their baseball prowess, are expected to dominate. Fans can expect breathtaking home runs, precise pitching, and phenomenal fielding from both teams; make sure to not blink or you might miss a home run! Grab your hot dogs and popcorn, and get ready for an unforgettable baseball spectacle! Basketball, and the excitement will be soaring high as the Spartans boys and girls go head-to-head against the Bobcats. With their impressive skills, strategic plays, and passionate fans filling the arena, none of that will matter if they don't have any chemistry and aren't using any teamwork. It's bound to be an electrifying day! So brace yourselves for a basketball showdown that will keep you on the edge of your seats! But that's only if you attend; it is being hosted in the basketball courts, and everyone of all ages is welcome.

Swim Team Competitions (Thursday): Thursday's events will take us to the pool, where the swim teams from the Spartans and Bobcats will dive into the waters for a thrilling competition. The rivalry between these two teams will add an extra layer of excitement to the event. While I may not be well-versed in swim events, the determination and effort of the athletes will make for a gripping contest. Which team will make waves and come out on top? Tune in to find out!

Track Day (Friday): As the week progresses, the intensity peaks on Track Day. The Spartans and Bobcats will go head-to-head in various track events to determine who's the fastest and most agile. The uncertainty surrounding the outcome only adds to the thrill of this event. Get ready to witness incredible speed, endurance, and raw talent as these young athletes race toward victory.

The Reward Ceremony (Saturday): After a week filled with competitive fervor and sportsmanship, Saturday brings the long-awaited reward ceremony. It's a time to celebrate not only the winners but also the efforts and dedication of all participants. While I don't have all the details about the rewards, it's safe to assume that outstanding academic and athletic achievements will be recognized. So, participants, give it your all in the tournaments and leave a lasting impression!

Friendship Day (Sunday): As the grand finale of the summer tournaments, Friendship Day carries a special significance. It's a day to cherish old friendships and create new ones. Athletes, fans, and spectators alike will come together to celebrate the bonds formed during the week-long events. This day is not just about competition; it's about forging connections, fostering sportsmanship, and spreading the joy of friendship on and off the field.

In conclusion, Karakura, get ready for an exhilarating week filled with sportsmanship, camaraderie, and unforgettable memories. The whole town is eagerly looking forward to seeing the spirit and talent of our young athletes on display. So, lace up your sneakers, grab your pom-poms, and let the games begin! Mark your calendars and prepare for a summer to remember! Good luck to all the teams and individuals competing, and let the spirit of sports unite us all in Karakura!

[!] Click that was it, the camera stopped recording [!]

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

"Rising Star: An Inspiring Interview with Masakichi Myoji - Balancing Basketball, Academics, and Dreams!"
Yoo-Bin Kim| July 22nd, 2023. 4:30 PM

[!] Television static would be playing before A camera started rolling, revealing a young man, and a much not much younger male they would be sitting down on the bleachers [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Let us get this interview started, first off what is your name and age..?

[!] There would be a long pause before the younger-looking male finally responded [!]

Unknow Younger looking male:
My name... My name is
Masakichi Myoji, and i am currently 20 years old.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim would stare at the male before asking the question [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim:
What led you to choose basketball as your primary sport, and how has the game impacted your life?

[!] There would be another pause, while Kim was staring at the Masakich waiting for a response [!]

Masakichi Myoji
[!] Myoji sat there for a moment thinking about the question [!] As a child, I was always into the sport but it was more of a hobby back then, but when i really got into it started to love it, and now I'm here.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim sat there fascinated [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
I see, so you fell in love with the sport basketball, and that was when you decided you wanted to actually do it?

[!] Myoji responded almost immediately [!]

Masakichi Myoji
That is exactly what happened, and once I started getting good at it, I was like, This is exactly what I want to do, and I am going to do it.

[!] Shook his head up and down in approval and was ready to begin the next question [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Sports demand rigorous training and dedication. How do you maintain a healthy balance between your academic responsibilities and basketball commitments?

[!] Myoji tapped his toes on the lower area of the bleachers [!]

Masakichi Myoji
I would suppose the way I deal with its demanding side is that I sometimes take breaks from the game together; some days I dedicate myself to sports, and other days I don't.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim sat there staring at the male with a professional but relaxed look at the same time, almost as if he knew where the male was coming from [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Okay, Next question, As a basketball player, you must face intense competition. What do you do to stay mentally focused and motivated during challenging games?

[!] Myoji's eyes twinkled a little before beginning to speak again [!]

Masakichi Myoji
I simply don't think at all during games. It keeps me focused and motivated. I'd say that comes from my team. having good teamwork gives me a lot of motivation.

[!] Grinned at the Miyoji in an old Manish way because of hearing Miyojis answer [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
What are your personal goals? and aspiration beyond basketball? How do you envision the sport being a part of your life in the future?

[!] Myoji stared at the male and almost immediately answered as if he had his whole life already planned out [!]

Masakichi Myoji
My personal goal is To beat the best players in the sport, we all love "basketball" and train younger generations as well. Other than that, I one day hope to become part of the KPD if I ever get the chance. Basketball is simply a chapter in my life.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim was floored by how Myoji was already planning this far into his own future [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Wow, you really have everything planned out, it's nice to see younger people having their lives planned out, alright back to the questions, Balancing academics and athletics can be challenging. How do you manage your time to excel both on the court and in the classroom?

[!] Myoji was trying to sound cool due to the compliment [!]

Masakichi Myoji
Like I said previously, some days I dedicate to basketball only and others to academics I tell myself that even if we lose a game I am always trying.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim tried to keep a professional face, but inside he was impressed [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Alright to the next one, By the way, are you sure this is your first time? You're a natural. Basketball can be pretty physically demanding. What do you do outside of regular practices to maintain peak performance and prevent injuries?

[!] Myoji Had to think for a little while but finally broke the silence [!]

Masakichi Myoji
I usually take breaks after practice. Most of the time I spend at the shrine, relaxing helps a lot, and I stay away from anything that could possibly cause an injury, preventing me from playing.

Yoo-Bin Kim
I have been wondering since you and the Spartans have a tournament coming up is everyone in top shape and ready to play..?

[!] Myoji He hesitated, wondering if Yoo-Bin Kim was sent to spy on them, but he passed that thought off as being irrational [!]

Masakichi Myoji
Yeah, everyone is good we are all in peak condition ready to destroy the bobcats. We have been busting our tails in the gym day and night we have been grinding for too long just to lose like this.

[!] believe in the Spartans [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
Being part of a team requires strong communication and chemistry. How do you contribute to building a cohesive time dynamic both on and off the court?

Masakichi Myoji
That's quite true; usually, I take time to talk to my teammates and hang out with them, as much as possible because I know that without any chemistry, the team isn't at its full potential.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim was shocked by the wise words such a young man would speak[!]

Yoo-Bin Kim
This is my final question of this interview, To any upcoming young basketball players what advice would you give them to pursue their dreams and excel in both sports and academics...?

[!] Myoji seemed a little puzzled at the question but quickly came up with an answer[!]

Masakichi Myoji

My message to everyone, not just young people; this is even for old people: even if you don't succeed the first time, try again, and again, and again, and no matter how good you get at something, you can always be better and do better.

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim stayed professional but inside he was about to cry [!]

Yoo-Bin Kim

You heard it hear people never give up! Until next time

[!] Yoo-Bin Kim and Masakichi Myoji both waved at the camera before it made a click noise and television static would begin playing again.[!]

[!] An Image of the basketball courts would be visible[!]

[OOC]
Additional Information:

Nothing.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread