OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

tamagatchi
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
yes, rini#0001
List your timezone and country:
MST, USA
Describe your activity:
Fairly active, have been for a while, I was staff from 2020-2022. In my time on SRP,
Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
No, I'm a good noodle
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/金継ぎ│-kintsugi-│-shop-application.27943/
What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
To write. Working on my writing is always something I enjoy doing and doing it even more from an IC sense adds to the experience.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I've been roleplaying since I was young, I use to do it more on a paragraph sense than a SRP sense.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes
Why should we accept you over others?:
I'm literally on everyday, as an active player I really see and get involved with a LOT of Karakuraian drama. My character ALSO [redacted, Ill DM you about this aania because I dont need metagame]. Outside that, being active is probably my biggest perk. I love being apart of stuff going around and frankly, it'll be extremely fun to write about it in news reports.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yeah, that's what makes it fun.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yeah, I have nothing better to do.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Being apart of the community, as a reporter its your job to find things to write about within the community; to update the public on the findings. Being apart of the community is the biggest part, as the SRP community is fairly large and finding stories aren't the easiest. Also, you will make enemies, LOL.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Nanae Saiky
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Miss. , Nana, Nanae
Current Age (25+):
Past job/work experience:
Shopowner, [REDACTED]
Degree/qualifications:
Major in Communication and Business
Minor in English/Japanese, Political Science
Nationality and born location:
Karakura, Japan
Phone Number: (030)-241-2561

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
'I'd call myself professional, to some degree. I grew up under the pretty strict Saiky family household, which is completely a story for another time. But with that, I'm good with keeping my work away from my private life and vise versa. Though the trait I want to focus on would be motivated or determined more or less, if there's something I want to get done or do, I do it and get it done to the best of my own abilities. . . I built my shop from the ground up. That stands for something.'

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
'I've been doing nothing but going out of my comfort zones since coming to this town. I'm interested in seeing what this job can show me. For private matters, this town has so many secrets and interesting stories that I think need to be shown on a. . . more professional level. I don't want to say 'I want to find the truth' because frankly, I feel everyone wants to find some truth. I want to be able to use my family connections for something good in this town. . . or so I'd love to believe. Also outside the gossip, Karakura has a lot to offer and we should shine that light on those parts.'

What are your expectations for the job?:
'Work, for starters. This job isn't gonna be a walk-in-the-park easy. Stories, reports, all of it aren't something that will be thrown at your feet, sure they can be but not always! I expect this job to test me and my skills and that's something I want. I expect this job to be challenging to an extent and I need that challenge. Reporters aren't always favored.'

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
Nope. Clean slate.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese
Jin
Chinese

PROMPTS:

One report is more or less based on actual events, parts made up to flesh it out (and make it kind of funny). The interview I made up.

9/2/2022
Nanae Saiky

AN ODD CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP?
The anonymous website 'IKIGAI' have been around for quite some time now, the site used to trash talk your local friends and family without hardly any consequences or punishment. Seems like a dream come true for those wanting to get the drama out and vent a little about their day at school. You create an account to which all our information is giving to those deemed "admins", but we never found out who those who sit behind the screen really are aside from past accusations and mere guesses.

As of September 1st, IKIGAI suddenly made an announcement to pass on ownership but this leaves the biggest question of 'who are these new owners?' Why did the old owners step down from their position and what are these new owners plans? Karakura is crime-filled and so many people are so willing to trust a anonymous site with who they are and the information they post? Now the Karakura Police Department have access? Sounds like a plan is underway.

I asked around the town to see the opinions of others and I think we all come to a similar understanding in theory. Lizard People. At first, this was hard to believe even for myself but with some digging on the web myself, Lizard people crave power and the desire to take over the world. Famous Americans like Taylor Swift and even the queen of England herself have come out with these conspires of Lizard people which is by far pretty shocking.

Why Karakura? Why IKIGAI? Many Karakurians came to believe that this was the start of a larger take over; we were the experiment. Many citizens openly and without question give their personal information to those hidden behind a screen and continue to use the site without worry; talking about committing murders and more. Now is the time to start questioning who sits behind that screen and who holds our information.

Now is the time to stay alert when it comes to this strange site, Karakura. Keep your eyes open.

(I did first names over last because I forgot they were related; no I did not actually interview him.)
9/2/2022
Nanae Saiky
Good evening, Karakura! I hope everyone is doing as well as the guest I have here today.
I'm here with the NEW local College Football Captain, Katsuhito Saiky for an interview.
[!] The recording would begin! [!]
NANAE ;; Thank you for making the time for me today, Katsuhito. I know with the new role you must be pretty busy. Jumping into it, how is the college football team holding up with the new changes?
KATSUHITO ;; Of course, not like I wouldn't make time for my favorite aunt! A uncomfortable laugh could be heard. The team seems to be handling things well, we're getting back on track with practices and overall back into shape.
NANAE ;; Glad to hear it. What are your upcoming plans with the team? Goals in mind?
KATSUHITO ;; As of right now, it's to get the team in shape and disciplined. Many teammates are new and don't understand the meaning of 'team-bonding' and I'd like to focus on that. I'm not to worried about skill for the moment.
NANAE ;; Being so new to the team yourself, how are you feeling with this new position? Any fears?
KATSUHITO ;; No, not at all. Stressed, sure, its a heavy title to carry. But I have faith in myself and the team. After all, I am a Saiky and honestly that alone tells me I can pretty much do anything I set my mind too.

NANAE ;; . . . Right. A uncomfortable laugh now came from Nanae. Lets dive into that, Katsuhito. To you, what does it mean to be a Saiky?
KATSUHITO ;; Being a Saiky carries a heavy title, a title everyone should respect upon hearing. Our family practically built Karakura, that's a title we have to live up too and cannot slack from. Its a name that deserves respect. We practically ran the hospital and school for decades, not the mention the work and dedication done to the shrine. Being a Saiky should mean more than being an Masuo or Koji or anything as such! The last name carries superiority.
NANAE ;; Is this why you fail to bring friends home?
KATSUHITO ;; silence
NANAE ;; My bad, let me rephrase the question. With the answer you've given me, you must hold your head pretty high, correct? How do people tend to react to that?
KATSUHITO ;; React? I don't care what others see in me. Being a Saiky deems me worthy of that respect, they just don't see how much our family does for this city! Therefore, it doesn't matter to me how people react to my attitude, I know I stand above them. My family does.
NANAE ;; Right. A small snicker could be heard. And you don't see this attitude as a toxic or any negative sense?
KATSUHITO ;; Toxic? No. It's what I was raised to believe! I don't carry toxic traits of ANY kind! His voice was raising. I thought I was here to talk about the team?!
NANAE ;; Yes but the people are curious on how. . . you got the position, so let's talk about that. How did you get here?

KATSUHITO ;; Long silence, tension was clearly there. I was just offered the position by the dean, I didn't think much of it.
NANAE ;; Isn't the dean related to your step-father?
KATSUHITO ;; Yes. . what does that have to do with anything?
NANAE ;; Nothing, just simply curious. So now being captain, Katsuhito; how did all your friends react to this. . . achievement?
KATSUHITO ;; They were happy for me! Everyone even on the team celebrated. Annoyance could be heard in the young mans voice.

NANAE ;; And who is they?
KATSUHITO ;; silence
NANAE ;; Okay! Thank you again, Katsuhito! It's been so great getting to know you and the plans you have for your team! Congrats from all of us at the News station on getting that position as Captain.

1662146607596.png

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application!

Users who are viewing this thread