Community Team
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
IGN: RandomlyAccepted/RandomlyDenied
DATE: 11/5/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

As I was building I wanted to add some tatami flooring (The traditional Japanese flooring in houses and other places) and I saw the birch wood block looked like it so ya know, I got excited... but as I placed it, it didn't connect how you do when you place it upwards (Does that make sense?) Here's a SS... (BW = Birchwood, BL = Birth log) (Also I am on the creative server but with the SRP pack on and this suggestion is a change for the SRP pack)
1636179288396.png
I think a change should be made to allow the birch log to look like the standing verison to make better tatami flooring.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This is a minor change, and it might not mess up lots of builds unless they use the birth log... But it will also help people who want to make tatami matting in their places. Even if the texture wasn't supposed to be tatami matting, it seems like the closest we can get. And why would we need 2 blocks the same texture when lying down?

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

I found this to be a big issue when I was trying to do it on my plot.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

Extremely good idea and can be expanded further!

Mushroom and noteblocks have a ton of blockstates, and each of which you can apply a texture (therefore making a while new block instead of needing to retexture an old one) a ton of blocks could be added with this method! (Same with trip wire)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
This isn't a huge problem at the moment, however we plan to move to a higher version of Minecraft later this year in which we may swap the tatami flooring to a new un-used block.

Users who are viewing this thread