Accepted Teacher App. | English

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ_M013

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name):
RJ_M013

Previous bans:
I am sure I haven't been banned from any Minecraft servers in the past years (5) I've been playing.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
I do understand that most, probably all, answers are found in the roleplay documents.

Describe your activity on the server:
I usually get on the schoolrp server at around 2 or 3 pm, and stay on for a few hours.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
Sadly, I do not know what 'TeamSpeak3' is. I have Discord, if this helps anything.

Do you have a microphone?
of course I have a microphone. In the 21st century, it'd be embarrassing for me if I had to say that I don't. Most computers have them.

List your current and past applications:
none.

What is your motivation for applying?:
What truly motivates me to apply for such a position is the incredibly organized community on this server. Everything from the good vibes to the roleplayers themselves, play.schoolrp.net, in my opinion, is among one of the best servers on Minecraft. Disorganization scares me. When I joined the schoolrp server, I didn't have to deal with that fear. At all.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
yes, I have read both of the megathreads.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
As a teacher, I'd send a letter to the principal's office regarding the trip I wish to organize and attend with my students. The letter would be sent at least two weeks before the actual field trip. Being the organized person I am, I'd send the letter to the principal at least 4 weeks in advance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
As a teacher, my rules may be very strict. However, they are extremely simple! I'd make sure all of students, no matter what the circumstances, follow these four simple rules:
1) all students must arrive to class on time.
2) students must act in an educated and respectful manner.
3) if a student decides to fail to complete coursework, distract the class, disrespect me as a teacher, or their peers as students-- then they should expect proper punishment depending on what the principal or my character deems as best. ** students really need to acknowledge the importance of their education, and understand how they can use what they learn in the future.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
English and history are two of my favorite subjects. They are both interesting in unique ways and are very important to a human society. I help students who struggle in those two areas by tutoring them. Also, I have really astounding leadership skills. I think my leadership skills will seriously benefit both myself and the entire faculty and student population of Taketatsu High school.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
1) Trainee
2) Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
3) Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
4) Co Head of Department (COHD)
5) Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
I most certainty have read and understood the megathread. When I first decided to apply for a teacher position, I didn't know there would be this much helpful information! Thank you.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
In my perspective, I'd like to point out the amount of inactive teachers. Because schoolrp is such an organized community, It really upsets me to see this. It could just be the time of day I get on the server, or the 'irl' schedules of people who are in teacher positions.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
First off, the purpose of a teacher is to act as an educator for students. In today's world, a teacher uses what knowledge they have gained through their studies and past experiences, and applies that knowledge to their students based on many types of diverse educational curriculum. Teachers also live up to their mission statements, you'll notice this if you ****yze closely. By being an educator to students, teachers are not only teaching them new things, but they are also acting as positive role models for their students to look up to. Without teachers, a school is simply just not an educational place. Without teachers, the entire institution would fail. Secondly, the average salary of ELA teachers at secondary educational institutions is about $47,000 as of March 2017, according to payscale.com. In a world full of industries rising off engineering and other STEM careers, a teacher's job is straightforward and makes it clear that they are the people who keep whole economies flourishing. They provide education to the masses. Next, teachers can teach their students using a variety of different ways. An educator's choice on teaching methods depends on what fits them and the students' needs. In making this statement, teachers in-game do the exact same thing. They share the same educational philosophy that many out-of-game teachers rely upon! This philosophy revolves around the use of essentialism and individualism! I remember seeing a teacher on the server the other day, directing their class throughout the entire school in a very orderly fashion. It made me feel hope, and inspired me to apply for this position, so that maybe one day I could be the very inspiration starter for someone else! Lastly, a teacher's job doesn't end with the school day. Teachers are working non-stop, 24/7, including sleep I guess, in consideration of the fact that they could dream about how they could adapt their philosophies into the classroom. A superb teacher may attend relevant conferences relating to their fields, network with other teachers, and assign coursework to students at the forefront of their specialty. Good teachers teach, and everyone knows that. But superb teachers do so much more!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
As I stated in the previous small ****ysis, without teachers, a school is simply just not an educational place. The same could be said for the schoolrp server. If there were no teachers to teach or roleplay as, 'schools,' or whatever one would call them at that point, would be full of illiterate, mentally-handicapped students! Because of what institutions would be like without fellow educators, teachers are vital to schools, and even a place like the schoolrp server, because they are what keep students civilized, rational, and academic. Moreover, if there were no teachers, why should 'school' be in the title of the SchoolRP server?

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

1)
The Trainee. A trainee is the start of a teacher's career. Trainees must sit and watch other classes, after asking the teacher of whatever class they choose to sit in on for permission. Whatever class they sit in on, the teacher must be qualified A trainee WILL not start any classes. The idea of this rank is to give teachers the experience they need before they soon have a class of their own to attend to.
2) The Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT.) A teacher has progressed to the second stage of their career. A NQT is allowed to start a class, but must, without any exceptions, ask their HD (head department) for permission when planning to start one.
3) Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS.) This rank is classified as the norm. This is also most-likely where you'll spend your entire career. A teacher in this rank is allowed to start a class, but is expected to discuss and organized the lesson with other teachers.
4) Head of Department (HD.) A teacher in this rank is one who leads and overlooks their entire assigned department. Teachers here are expected to show no mistakes, and lead with dignity. Getting this rank is probably just as low as Stanford's acceptance rate. :' ) Also, it's possible to get Co-HD., which would go right after QTLS and before HDs.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system relies on the MoSCo system. Must have, should have, could have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
He is is a tall man in his mid-to-late 20s with wavy light brown hair and forest green eyes. His skin is of a tan complexion, and his hair is of medium length and can usually be found either messy or neat, classic or modern, worn up or down. To Aaron, more length means more options. Aaron also wears professional outfits to work. He is five foot eleven inches tall. He is of muscular build, and weighs about 68 kilos ( ~ 150 lbs. ) Aaron is unique and different because he is a teacher who will do anything for the success of his students' education. He believes that even if his students fail him, he won't fail them back. Aaron loves his job. He loves working together with other teachers to come up with complex strategies to ongoing issues. Aaron understands that if he is accepted into his position as a teacher at Taketatsu, many could look up to him for help. He believes teamwork is what has made the community at Taketatsu High School so successful and engaging. He is generally nice, and will do anything in his power to preserve the core values he has confidence in.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would approach them, and explain to them that if they do not quiet up, and act like the good students they should be, then disciplinary actions will be enforced. This explanation would also serve as the group of delinquents' warning. If they continue to curse and swear, then a detention will be distributed to each and every one of them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Like what almost any other teacher would do, I'd raise my voice until it was obvious to them that their attention is needed. If it continues, then disciplinary actions would be justified against every single one of them, and they'd all be written up.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
In a teachers' lounge, my character, Aaron would do whatever he needs to do, (print papers, eat lunch, etc..) and then offer help to any of the other teachers who may need it. He is very thoughtful, and has a mindset that is very delicate.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me distributes the exam sheets to the students, signalling for them to be quiet.
/me writes the assignment of the last 50 pages of To Kill a Mockingbird for homework, due next week.
/me sits at desk correcting each student's 150 worded character ****ysis on Romeo Montague.
/me writes 'happy break - no homework!' on the board.
/me claps after /student's name/ finishes recitation of the excerpt from the novel.

BACKSTORY

Thomas Peters was born in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. in 1990, into a small family of four. It was himself, his mother, his father and his brother. They lived in a decent house, his dad ran a bike shop and his mother did the paperwork. Thomas spent his younger years doing all the normal things a boy would do. School, girls, friends, the basics. He loved to read, and would often ask for books for his birthdays. The teachers he had growing up inspired him to become a teacher because they always encouraged him, and never once did any of them give up on him. He graduated high-school as class valedictorian and started college the following fall. While attending a college in the United States, Thomas received a bachelor's degree in his double majors of english and anthropology. He minored in education and completed minor coursework in education. He taught at a private suburban high school for 3 years. The art and history of Japanese culture ultimately motivated him to adventure in Japan. When he first arrived, he thought his trip would go by fast. He travelled throughout the pacific island nation, and even lived in Tokyo for a short while. His favorite experiences of travelling around Japan included taking the 6 hour long hike up to the summit of Mount Fuji, taking a 3 day tour of Kyoto and Nara by bullet train, and seeing Nikko National Park in its beauty. When it was time to plan on leaving Japan, he decided for himself to stay. He wanted to be an english teacher in this country. In his opinion, living in Japan was so much better than going back home to Los Angeles, that urban dump. When he told his parents he was staying, they were very supportive of him. They even came down to visit him for a few weeks, bringing his personal belongings for him, just to help him get settled into the house he bought. Thomas applied at approximately ten high schools as the position of an English teacher, including the great Taketatsu. He currently awaits responses.

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Thomas Aaron Peters
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): n/a
Preferred Name: by students, Mr. Peters, by friends, tom

Religious Denomination: none
Marital Status: single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3
Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Bachelor of Arts, English & Anthropology

Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): English Lit. & Anthropology
Minors: history, education

Native Languages: English, Spanish
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: none

Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Additional notes about your application (if any): This is probably one of the most detailed application formats I've ever done. Whoever formatted this deserves a gold metal. :DD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread