Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Harisankar#3617
How old are you? (Optional):
What is your timezone?:
GMT+8
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes
Describe your activity on the server:
I'm very active on the server itself, mainly on during weekends currently playing an average of 7 hours a day. On weekdays I try my best to get on however sometimes due to school workload it can become a constrain.
Do you have any previous bans?:
ERP
Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
  • Staff Application [Denied]
  • Assamese Language Application [Accepted]
  • Luxembourgish Language Application [Accepted]
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Highschool student, grade 18.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
In SRP, there's a plethora of opportunities given to players to RP as their desired character, let it be a police officer, a teacher, student, an athlete etc. And I've always been keen to explore them and recently after my removal from HS fb with no reason supported, I decided to give the teacher role a shot. Not only that OOCly, I currently have major exams this year, the extent I have to study to is INSANE, however with gaining such tremendous knowledge, I thought why not try out for the teaching faction as I'll be highly knowledgeable in the subject I choose to teach on SRP, which in this case is for Physics.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
I am unaware of what this is, however I am able to presume that the teacher class logs are basically logs where the teachers will key in their logs for hosting a class, which leads to their pay after meeting the requirement of 15 classes each month. Why are they important? It helps to keep track of teachers that fulfill their roles, and teachers that do not fulfill their roles, allowing the teacher faction to be monitored productively.
You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
At the start of school, during breakfast itself I'd make an announcement of the time slot that I'll be hosting my class, and whilst doing so, I'll give a brief description of hosting a school field trip. In this case since I'm applying to be a physics teacher, I'll make an announcement to host my physics class in a specific time slot, probably 2 blocks of period since the duration of one block would definitely not suffice for the field trip that I would possibly host, and the school field trip could be to perhaps the forest near the school to use physics instruments such as the Vernier caliper, micrometer screw gauge etc. and measure the diameters of lets say leaves, small twigs etc. and each of them will be handed a book where they'll fill it up whilst staying around me in the forest and using the physics instrument.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Do not speak when I'm speaking
2. Be respectful to one another
3. Everyone's voice (opinion) matters
4. Actively participate
5. Have fun
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have experience in GangRP, meaning I'm adept in combatRP, and roleplaying in gangs. I'm familiar with the rules of how the perms work. I also have experience roleplaying in a sports team as I used to be a member of the HS fb team until recently. While being there I picked up the skillset of descriptive roleplaying which has improved my overall roleplaying. To add on, I also have experience in classRP as I've attended a fair amount of classes whilst being on the team itself so I do have a general idea of how a teacher should be.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
Highest role attainable as they are the Head of Department, leading all the other teachers under their department, lets say the physics Department.
- QT:
Qualified teacher, second highest position. They are familiar with how the school works and have good experiences in conducting classes and passing on knowledge to the students.
- NQT:
Newly Qualified Teacher, the starting rank. This teachers are fairly new to the system as they have just been hired, hence they lack much experience. This teachers have just begun their path of teaching students and will be embarking on different scenarios in teaching as time goes on.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Knowledge about Teachers in-game: Teachers in-game have a goal in mind that they want to achieve by the end of the lesson, and for the subsequent lesson, they build on from where they have left off. I've seen this in many classes where they said they'll be teaching something the next day, and when the time comes, they indeed stick to their words and teach it. So teachers in-game have a goal in mind. Not only that, Teachers in-game also tend to have strong foundation in the subject that they are teaching ICly, and are able to get across the information to the students effectively. Teachers in-game also involve themselves with team and get assigned to them as coaches, though I think this only applies to PT teachers as I've seen some get assigned to a specific team to coach them.

Knowledge about Teachers out-of-game: Teachers out of game are really caring for their students, and ready to help them at any point of time, even after school. They go out of their way to clarify any queries the students may have regarding the subject and make sure they understand it well before dismissing them. Not only that, teachers out of the game have a lesson plan that's been drafted out for the whole year and stick closely to it, making sure that the required education is brought down onto the student by the end of the year, and ensuring that all students are prepared for the exams. The teachers in real life also get assigned to teams, regardless of the subject they teach, and they have excos from the different teams itself that help the teachers to oversee the team as a whole and improve them for the better, AND monitor their progress over time.

Salary teachers get: I'm unaware if this is ICly or OOCly, though it does seem out of place to ask about it OOCly therefore I'm replying ICly. Teachers in game get a minimum salary of 450,000 yen after meeting their mandatory quota of 15 classes each month. However I have heard before that the salary can actually be 450,000+ if the teachers decide to do more classes then the required quota.

Way they teach + How free time is spent: OOCly, the way teachers teach in the current era, or by the modern days is through applets and E-learning websites that make it easier to bring information across to the students. They make use of various learning methods to pass on the information and make sure the students understand what is being taught to them. Not only that, they also usually bring along 3D models of concepts to make it easier for students to visualize, for example, in biology, a teacher may bring a "dinosaur" eye to pass around to all the students for them to slowly dissect the model to identify the different parts of the eye and understand the topic about eye better. ICly, the way teachers teach is EITHER by handing the students textbook, and some work to do after the textbook, and maybe a brief explanation from they themselves, OR by giving them a book, telling them what they have to do, before explaining the topic that they would've decided to touch on for the lesson, OR they explain the concepts first and expect the students to take down notes before giving them the assignment book later, like a consolidation worksheet that they have to finish and hand-in to the teacher to be marked and graded. Would be cool if teachers had lockers so that homework can be handed in through those. How free time is spent for both OOCly and ICly is that teachers either spend time with their family, pursuing their hobby, taking up courses for higher level of education so on and so forth. Though those are not all the ways that teachers spend their free time, they may also be a gamer outside of work, or a clubber, you'd never know. They could be a social activist too. Another option is them having other part-time jobs due to financial reasons and hence involving themselves in other kinds of activity too, expanding their network.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

They add to the element of "School"RP, because what's the point of roleplaying in a school full of students with no teachers? That's is not how schools work. Thus teachers are essential to a SchoolRP server. Not only that, without teachers, it's impossible for character development academically, and graduate to take on jobs as they have no FORMS of education reaching to them. On top of that, without teachers students would more or less be strayed from the right path and not uphold discipline and maturity, instead be rowdy and immature, causing havoc all over the town. Last but not least, teachers add flavor to the roleplay in a SchoolRP server, making it feel more natural to an actual school.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

I'm unaware of this however I'm keen on finding out more about this as soon as possible and fitting right into the Teaching Faction.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

I'll be playing as a character known as Katsuro Hibiki. He's a social introvert that loves to indulge in some video games that were newly released during his free time. However he can be a social butterfly too and interact with another person fairly well.

He looks slender, or at least skinny with clothes on, however he does have striking features beneath them and is not actually underweight. He involves himself in multiple sports and overall is a sporty person that's good in studies, and due to the myriad of sports he involves himself in, his body and muscles are toned to not be the bulky bodybuilder kind, but more of the linear compact muscles kind.

He's unique because of his odd impression. Whilst being really good academically, he's also really good in sports. Not a usual sight to behold, and at the same time he also has many other hobbies like piano. Sure, maybe none of this is unique, but what amazes many is despite having so many things going on each day, let it be doing athletic activities, jamming on the piano, handling his workload, he still somehow finds enough time to kill without any meaning for example in gaming, or just loitering around.

His outlook on other students is that all of them have to be successful, and lead the life they desire and not the life they didn't expect. He also expects them to toil hard in the future no matter how much of a strain it may be or tough it could be. On top of that, he expects them to all be responsible and do their work properly during class and do well in their academic progress in school.

Other teachers from Katsuro's point of view are colleagues that'll greatly benefit him if he works together with them. However that's not all, he also views them as potential friends that he could relate with and hangout together.

His plan for the future is after he's done with teaching and has left his mark, or when its time for him to go, he's going to enroll as a police officer. He has interests in many departments and with that being said, he's willing and keen to explore each and everyone.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

At first glance, I'd give them a little glare from wherever I spot them from. Afterwards I'd move my character in their direction in a direct path to them and stop before them. Then after that I'll just do some /me's like rolls up sleeve or perhaps spins the pen he was holding on the tip of his fingers. Following up, I'd tell them off politely at first, as benevolent as my character can be. If they refuse to listen then I'd tell them off firmly, holding my ground. If they still refuse to listen then I'd just give them a little scare by saying I'll jeopardize their education. Worst come worst, I'll give them a detention at most that they have to attend.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If no one is listening to me, it's either I'm a bad teacher or they simply want to kill time. In any case, I'd either bang a table or the board to grab the students attention before taking a moment away from the subject itself and play maybe a mi****me just to get them all attentive again to me. Maybe a mini Simon says game. Then after that I'd continue on with the lesson and achieve what I wanted to teach for the class.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
He'd be sat in a chair with his legs crossed, probably just fumbling in his thoughts to rectify the mistakes he could've made whilst being a teacher, only to make himself a better teach that'll entice students to attend his classes, and see them prosper in life, flowing with knowledge. OR, my character would just simply be sketching out a vague plan on how the class is going to be held and have a little run through in his head. Another thing he'd do is if he REALLY had nothing to do, he'd probably go socialize with the other teachers and just establish a mutual connection with them and develop a bond.
Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would waltz into the room with an everlasting smile on his façade, making his way to the teachers desk and placing a hand over his physics textbook that was already placed there, turning his attention to the students that should've by now be seated down in their respective seats. He'd clear his throat [Insert introduction]
/me would turn around afterwards towards the board and take a step towards it, tilting his head downwards and scanning for chalk/whiteboard marker and getting a grip on it. He'd look back at the class and say "I'm going to write down the gist of todays lesson" before turning back around and writing down in big clear English [Insert topic E.g. pressure]
/me placed the marker/chalk back on the whiteboards little ledge holder, making his way to the resources for the lesson. Sounds of paper flapping could be heard as he walked out with a set of Cornell notes in his hand, walking to the front of each row and distributing it down to each student.
/me walked back to the teachers table, planting both his hands onto the table as his head grazed left to right, right to left, scanning all the students as he raised a question "has everyone gotten the cornell notes for Pressure?", awaiting their reply.

Backstory

Katsuro was born into a family that was richer than average. He has affectionate parents that are his everything. He has no siblings and that could possibly be the reason why his parents are everything to him. Over-time they were unable to accept that he has grown up and tried to keep him under their control like a dog on the leash, leading to his retaliation against them and eventually expressing his opinions. That was when he decided to take a short break from them and move away to Karakura, to further pursue his education. He talks to them every now and then, and is still very fond of them, but years slowly rolled by.

It's been 9 years since then and Katsuro has settled in Karakura. He came to Karakura when he was 18, and now he's 27. He enrolled into Karakura with Direct-School Admission [DSA] through football and made it onto the team and got a position in Karakura. He made many new friends and felt welcomed into the community by them, and was ecstatic. Whilst being on the team, he was a little cheeky and mischievous. He had his own one-sided love that turned out like the rest. Katsuro juggled well with handling team related activities and school work immaculately, and was getting straight A's in all his subjects OTHER than languages, which includes English and Literature. Those were a C, making his report card look horrendous.

But after 6 months, came the sudden news out of the blue. A new captain was selected for the team and half the team members were put off of the team, and Katsuro's journey as being a football jock in the Karakura High School ended abruptly. It was heart-breaking for him, to be removed from something he held dearly, and locked himself away in his room. Got in on some boozes and went cuckoo. But soon, he learnt to accept the truth and live on, understanding that nothing goes as planned. He returned to school again, though he lacked energy. Each day, he trudged more than the day before. His results were not affected, and so he continued to study, striving to maintain his results all the way.

He entered college effortlessly, and even that piece of news was not enough to get this man happy. He didn't make a big deal out of it and just continued his education career. With no goal in mind, he worked towards nothing, not knowing what career he wanted to take up. Hence he decided to just study until the highest possible degree, which is the PhD, in his strongest subject which at that time was physics and math. He decided to get a PhD in mathematics, assiduous as he was, he got what he said.

This piece of news, obtaining a PhD in math was the only news that actually made his lips curl into a smile, something he was proud of. He talked loads and loads about it to his parents through phone, to the point where his parents could not stay up anymore. After obtaining it, that was when he decided that it was time to explore the job options that were open to him. Due to his subject combination and everything that he studied, he had a glut of choices to choose from.

After much contemplating with himself, he decided to apply to become a teacher because he did not want to leave the place that made him feel welcomed the most when he came to Karakura. Whilst having a degree in math, he realized maybe the school needed more help with physics, and hence he came forward to become a physics teacher.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:
Katsuro Hibiki
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Katsuro
Preferred Name: Katsuro

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination: Shinto
Marital Status: Lonely.

Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
Working Experience (# of years): 9

Academic Degree:
Physics PhD, Mathematics Masters
Year of Graduation: 2021
Major(s): Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
Minors: Econs/Economy, History

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English, Luxembourgish, Assamese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: Physics

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): I'm bound to make many mistakes but do be patient with me as I can be one of the best teachers once I've learnt from my mistakes.
Do you have any questions?: Is the coffee for free in the teacher's lounge?

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Science Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-Yes, the coffee is free in the teacher's lounge.​

Users who are viewing this thread