Karven

Level 6
h0p3c0r3
h0p3c0r3
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: miasfraud
What's the title of your suggestion?: Teaching Assistants

What's your suggestion?:
To begin, I believe that Tutors are a wonderful asset to the community and help quite a lot. However, I do believe that if we indulge in allowing college students in SRP who strive to be in the education department to become teaching/professor assistants. Here are some pros and cons I wrote up:

Pros:
1. Fosters enthusiasm among college students for school programs.
2. Provides a motivating pathway toward their educational goals.
3. Limited to the role of a teacher's or professor's assistant during classes.
4. Identifiable by a designated tag in their college role, e.g., [P.A][College], [T.A][College].

Cons:
1. Potential difficulty in managing and integrating this into the existing school system.
2. Possibility of Teaching/Professor Assistants exploiting their roles.
3. Introduction of additional tags might confuse students.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This proposal has the potential to enhance the server and community by facilitating increased interaction between our relatively smaller group of college students and the faculty, especially as they approach adulthood within the in-character context. Your feedback is appreciated! Just a mere suggestion!

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
We dont really need this as we can ask help on councillors, or other faculties for that matter so -1

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
-1 , there's already so many roles for faculty. In addition tutors are meant to be Teaching Assistants in a sense, and or councilors can assist the teacher

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

Honestly, the Tutors are amazing as teaching assistants. We could see if HS/Col Counsel can sit in on classes IF they get permission from the Counsel Head/President HS/Col to assist the Teacher/Professor. Of course, this would cause some restrictions to the role if we involve students like the teacher assistant, for example, they won't have that class count towards their record. But what we have works

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
As far as I'm aware, you're already allowed to do this, albeit unofficially; just coordinate with the student before the class starts, and have them help with whatever you needed help with. Do note, they don't have any FearRP authority (unless they are part of the council) so they aren't able to discipline students (though they can still report them to you).

If somebody wants additional authorities and opportunities to be more involved with the educational / disciplinary side of school, they can apply for council.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+

Teachers and professors has this unofficially, even collabing together, unsure of they can collaborate classes together still or not, was a thing

StrawbeeViniq

Level 17
What's your Minecraft Username?: miasfraud
What's the title of your suggestion?: Teaching Assistants

What's your suggestion?:
To begin, I believe that Tutors are a wonderful asset to the community and help quite a lot. However, I do believe that if we indulge in allowing college students in SRP who strive to be in the education department to become teaching/professor assistants. Here are some pros and cons I wrote up:

Pros:
1. Fosters enthusiasm among college students for school programs.
2. Provides a motivating pathway toward their educational goals.
3. Limited to the role of a teacher's or professor's assistant during classes.
4. Identifiable by a designated tag in their college role, e.g., [P.A][College], [T.A][College].

Cons:
1. Potential difficulty in managing and integrating this into the existing school system.
2. Possibility of Teaching/Professor Assistants exploiting their roles.
3. Introduction of additional tags might confuse students.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This proposal has the potential to enhance the server and community by facilitating increased interaction between our relatively smaller group of college students and the faculty, especially as they approach adulthood within the in-character context. Your feedback is appreciated! Just a mere suggestion!
we already got these though...

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
tutors r supposed to help teachers whenever theyre hosting a class, so I have to say -1
if u see a tutor doing nothing instead of helping just ask them to help or something like this

Karven

Level 6
h0p3c0r3
h0p3c0r3
Omega+
tutors r supposed to help teachers whenever theyre hosting a class, so I have to say -1
if u see a tutor doing nothing instead of helping just ask them to help or something like this
The whole point of this post is not to exclude tutors, but to include college students to have the ability to immerse themselves in the world of education on more of a detailed note. Those college students who want to major in education, this could help put them closer to their goal.

RebelZane

Level 10

As a teacher this is just a no, no college student wants to do this they already have to attend mandatory classes, plus I have never once seen a college student want to do this. I just feel like this wouldn't work and plus we already got a tutor as well who is meant to help classes if requested to do so by a teacher.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Tutors are the ones who carry out this role.​
- No faculty-assisting roles are to be added for either Highschool or College. If you're interested in helping teachers, apply for Tutor! You can still be a College Student on an alternate /character profile.​

Users who are viewing this thread