Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
IGN:
gotsnapped

DATE:
August 20, 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Allow team captains to own another property on an alternative account or don't make team houses count as property for captains since it's a house for the community, not just for them.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I've recently encountered the issue where I am in a dilemma of having two properties that I need to own. Team houses need to be under the Captain's account but I can't own the house since my alt account owns my apartment. I don't believe it is fair that my other account has to give up its property since the character on my alt account is a completely separate entity.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I personally can't come to a conclusive decision for this.

On one hand, it's somewhat unfair to the captains who essentially don't have a choice in the matter; back when I was track captain and the housing rules were updated, I was hit by this too and had to abandon my other character's apartment. It sucked, because I lost something that I worked for and have had for ages, for reasons (mostly) out of my control. I'm fortunate enough to have had a friend with an empty apartment for the both of us, though I'm sure the same doesn't apply to everyone in this situation.

Though on the other side of things, SRP has always had a lack of available player housing; I can't blame them for enforcing the one property per person without exceptions rule, because if they didn't they'd be making a special case for people already privileged enough to own one property. It would look bad from an outside perspective and further worsen the availability issue (even if only slightly.) Team houses also have the added perk of basements, a privilege exclusive to sports teams. It's reasonable enough for taking ownership of your team's property being one of your responsibilities as a captain, even if it means giving up your other ones. (Somewhat off-topic, but it's also kind of dumb that captains need to pay for the house that supposedly belongs to the school. Pls change ;c)

I'd say it's a good topic of discussion for the staff higher-ups. An update regarding team properties would be welcome, but realistically I doubt we're getting one.

Last edited:

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
+1

As a captain I’ve been meaning to make this feedback too. It is so frustrating as I had to give up my own property to own the house and now I cannot even have a small apartment for my other character on my ALT. This needs to be changed!

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
+1
I personally can't come to a conclusive decision for this.

On one hand, it's somewhat unfair to the captains who essentially don't have a choice in the matter; back when I was track captain and the housing rules were updated, I was hit by this too and had to abandon my other character's apartment. It sucked, because I lost something that I worked for and have had for ages, for reasons (mostly) out of my control. I'm fortunate enough to have had a friend with an empty apartment for the both of us, though I'm sure the same doesn't apply to everyone in this situation.

Though on the other side of things, SRP has always had a lack of available player housing; I can't blame them for enforcing the one property per person without exceptions rule, because if they didn't they'd be making a special case for people already privileged enough to own one property. It would look bad from an outside perspective and further worsen the availability issue (even if only slightly.) Team houses also have the added perk of basements, a privilege exclusive to sports teams. It's reasonable enough for taking ownership of your team's property being one of your responsibilities as a captain, even if it means giving up your other ones. (Somewhat off-topic, but it's also kind of dumb that captains need to pay for the house that supposedly belongs to the school. Pls change ;c)

I'd say it's a good topic of discussion for the staff higher-ups. An update regarding team properties would be welcome, but realistically I doubt we're getting one.
nerd

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

I've actually thought about this situation (even though I'm not even a captain) and it proves to be a real struggle for captains because of this rule. Les had to give up her penthouse to me so she could take the football house when she got captain, and if I didn't take it, the penthouse would've just been a complete WASTE. I approve of this idea.

lowkeyHades

Level 23
IowkeyHades
IowkeyHades
Notable+
-1/+1

Neutral, team houses shouldn't be player owned if that makes sense, more the functionality of a building (like ems) you can edit it with staff permission but you don't pay rent (more as a base for the team)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback!

- Whilst I can agree team houses are for the team as well as the captain, it's unfair to normal players who are unable to find a residence (apartments, houses, etc.) to give an exception to team captains.​

Users who are viewing this thread