mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Team Housing

craigorey

Level 6
craigorey
craigorey
Notable
+1+1+1+1 DUDEEE.. especially since half the time hsfb hangs out at hscheer and it makes it even MORE CROWDED for the poor members on the cheer team having people always over at their house.

thongbarbie

Level 2
cigpuffs
cigpuffs
Notable
If fairness is the case, why do we have sports team houses?
Well, the topic is TEAM HOUSES, and targetted team members who share the same view as Shadonk. That the houses are too small to fit 12 people. It's the fact that other team houses such as swim and female college football have significantly bigger houses while the rest have significantly smaller ones. Ontop of the fact that if they would get rid of team-housing, teams would die out.

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
pls there is 12 of us in the smallest house its so cramped pls let us ou-

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I still think we should get rid of team housing all together and replace with dorms

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I still think we should get rid of team housing all together and replace with dorms
Stop being always having the objectively correct opinion that aligns with my own personal views, it's like you crawled out of my brain or something

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Stop being always having the objectively correct opinion that aligns with my own personal views, it's like you crawled out of my brain or something
Sorry user Alimonino, but you know what they say. Great minds think alike

thongbarbie

Level 2
cigpuffs
cigpuffs
Notable
Even then, the dorms would BE TIIIIIIIIIINYYYYYY. And I do not think ALL of the teams would fit because that would have to be a big ass building. Getting rid of thet team houses completely will eliminate most of team roleplay, similiar to when Frat-Soro got removed, spartans died :/

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Even then, the dorms would BE TIIIIIIIIIINYYYYYY. And I do not think ALL of the teams would fit because that would have to be a big ass building. Getting rid of thet team houses completely will eliminate most of team roleplay, similiar to when Frat-Soro got removed, spartans died :/
i disagree

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
+1
It's fair and the hard truth about "well if houses are gone people will use hangout spots!!" Isn't necessarily true, we all know hardly anyone uses the "social hotspot" family store anymore. You can't force people to hang out someone specific, and we've seen in the past that when a hangout location is removed, even if replaced, the replacement won't be as active. (See: bowling alley, spartan hangout, spartan shack, bobcat mountain, family store, etc)

It's a much better idea to work with what we have that people are using than to try and make everyone change. Plus it's not that hard to update the houses so they all share the same mathematical area.

Housing is meant to be desirable, and plays a major role in why people join teams. It's a personal roleplay spot in a sense.

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+1
It's fair and the hard truth about "well if houses are gone people will use hangout spots!!" Isn't necessarily true, we all know hardly anyone uses the "social hotspot" family store anymore. You can't force people to hang out someone specific, and we've seen in the past that when a hangout location is removed, even if replaced, the replacement won't be as active. (See: bowling alley, spartan hangout, spartan shack, bobcat mountain, family store, etc)

It's a much better idea to work with what we have that people are using than to try and make everyone change. Plus it's not that hard to update the houses so they all share the same mathematical area.

Housing is meant to be desirable, and plays a major role in why people join teams. It's a personal roleplay spot in a sense.
You couldn't have said it better!!!

thongbarbie

Level 2
cigpuffs
cigpuffs
Notable
+1

ATE and left zero minimal crumbs

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’d also like to point out if a namemc family can fit 8 people into an I block apartment (yes, I’ve seen this happen before), with enough room to spare for extra commodities, then I think you guys will do just fine with a fully accessible house with an attic, two floors, and basement the size of the entire plot. You get arguably as much room as a J block penthouse if not more.

I’m against making all the houses the exact same size and shape because the area will lose variety at that point and it’s quite useless.

Those of you saying “no one will use social hotspots” is a redundant statement. If you want something to happen, make it happen. Don’t wait for a staff member to waddle around one day and make an event for you so that you can have an excuse to roleplay. SchoolRP is about making scenarios yourself and developing your character. Don’t wait around for someone else to do that for you.

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
Why not just accommodate multiple people in one bedroom? Like adding bunkbeds, room dividers, ect , this would not only leave extra space for hangout spaces, as well as prompt activity between team members - they're a team, they should be able to share a room, besides, what does one do in a bedroom all day? I just dont think it's neccesary.

atcoffee

Level 9
Lvnatelyy
Lvnatelyy
Omega+
Personally i disagree. If the post is about making houses bigger then the concept of namemc families being able to fit 8 people in the smallest apartments is not a good point to make for your case.

Shopping district penthouses are 100,000 a month. They have a huge anount of space to build in, contrary to houses that are all inherently small and cost 2.5x the amount. I would argue that all houses SHOULD have a basement, and that doesnt actually mean they all have to be the same size and shape, you can still hold differentiation. But theres so much more potential for friend groups and people to enjoy roleplaying more if they had the available space which is not already there for normal houses. There are team houses ive seen personally that are just fine in size such as the bobcats female football house.

In response to what Infi said about hotspots and how saying they are making redundant statements, there is a real point to this claim actually. Social hotsposts are never thought of and i can ask many people the same thing. Of course its a debate and i respect your opinion however there was no actual point made, all you did was disregard what they were saying. Social hotspots are impractical and borderline uesless other than to stop in for 5 seconds and buy something like the only social hotspot im actually aware of which is the corner shop. There are alternative ways to create scenarios that are more likely to take place, So let me put it into perspective. School time is something that takes up a lot of the time with roleplaying, then because of this people are likely to go and do other things that allow them to roleplay better such as decorating, building, skin making, etc. Im sure for you it is easy to make roleplay situations with those around you however its not always peoples first instinct to say ‘Oh lets go to the corner shop’

Yes there are work-arounds such as bunk beds etc, and other ways to accomadate the space, but i think other people should also have a factor because theyre still purchasing houses (And this is relevant because of the claim consisting of every house maintaining the same shape.)

As far as team houses go, i do think they should be allowed more space purely due to the idea of cramped nature, i have seen the bedrooms myself and of course the experience isnt awful and they can own their own property however for those who do not have that leisure i believe that there should be alternatives that allow the teams QOL changes. Especially for the captain who can not own a seperate property. Character qualities and flaws are also considerable such as diagnosis or general difficulties with the space theyre in. Some teams have an overwhelming amount of people on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread