mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Team Practices While The School Is Closed~

BonBons

Level 31
IGN: Sxtanic
DATE: May 13th, 2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I am suggesting for Team Captain's to have access to the doors beside the school gates, or a separate door for their use.
Alternate Option: Adding a decent sized basketball court outside of the School, for teams to practice.

Please read through to understand the main points~

Reasoning

SRP Staff in Teams
Many Sports Teams have Mods or SRP staff involved, or as their captain. When they host practices or tryouts, they can simply TP players into the school. However there are a few teams, such as mine, that have the issue of getting into the school during practice hours.

Practice
Practice is an important part for teams to stay engaged and active. We need to choose an OOC time to schedule practices, as everybody's timezone is different, and can not always be online during ic school hours. Because of this, sometimes our practice times are after school, once the gates closed. Then the real issue begins when members keep asking to be 'carried in' or directions through the sewers.

Carried / Glitching in
As glitching into the school / being carried is against the rules anyways, the only real allowed option is the sewers. However many team members I've talked to always have trouble navigating through the sewers, and practice times are very delayed due to meeting up always being the issue.

Alternate Option
However although some may think that adding a 'Captain access door' would be a good idea, I also went over the possible consequences such as:
- Forgetting to close the door
- Door Abuse when practice is not scheduled
--> Which is why I've come up with a separate solution as well. There is already a basketball court in the park beside spawn, however it is much smaller than the usual courts in the gym, and a whole team can not fit to practice a proper game.
I am suggesting to add another bigger basketball court, somewhere such as the forest behind the shopping district as there is a lot of space there. Somewhere, where it would not get into the way. Then the very small court that barely anyone uses in the park, can be removed. I feel as though this makes more sense as many team members can already practice outside of school, such a Volleyball at the beach, or Football in the park. (However Football Teams would most likely want to practice on the bigger field, in the school)

I understand that not everyone will agree with my suggestion, however I thought it wouldn't hurt to share an idea :)) Have a nice day~

Last edited:

Darkin

Level 2
_Darkin
_Darkin
Notable
It'll be really helpful to have a new outside basketball court as the current one is way too small to even play between two players. +1

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1

Your alternate option is mainly pleasing one team but I believed they were gonna set up door perms for you guys in the back of the school like they did for school faculty unless they’re afraid of anyone opening the doors to let none team players in. They’ve gotten rid of the access to the school via sewers for the purpose catching people glitching I suppose

I think your alternate option is to have a bigger gym outside the map where teams can practice when school isn’t open. That way if they have practice only captains will know about the way to get and therefore take their team there. Either through a a warp sign inside a bud that only people with a certain role (sports team role) can use the sign. It will take a lot of building and preparations for the area but it’s a better alternative than only pleasing the basketball team in this case.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

I am suggesting for Team Captain's to have access to the doors beside the school gates
It's pretty unrealistic in my opinion for students (captains included) to have direct access to the school gate; especially those already designated to Faculty & the Senior Leadership Team.

Both entrances (front & back) are protected with the server's BlockLocker plugin to prevent glitching, etc. This is done by adding certain groups, for example: [Employee], [Teacher], [Professor], though the same isn't possible for student ranks due to the way our current group system works. Secondly, there's 20 sports team captains, adding them separately and updating the signs each time is somewhat tedious and would make the front gate look very odd.

Easier solutions / tl;dr
  • If you wish to be teleported inside or to the arena simply DM a Mod+ with a list of members and we can do that for you.
  • The sewer entrance has been re-opened.
  • The SLT doors can be temporarily opened by staff.

They’ve gotten rid of the access to the school via sewers for the purpose catching people glitching I suppose
The sewer entrance has been re-opened; most if not all of the school's rooms have updated interiors, including this bathrooms. Whilst the bathrooms were being remodelled, the rest were pasted in to make everything a lot faster, though this also meant the sewer entrance was temporarily closed due to the gap being blocked up

Last edited:

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
-1/ +1
I understand this, but it will be weird if students will have perms to open the doors not in school time, I believe that captains always can to ask the p.e teachers/professors to open it for them(coaches etc.). About the basketball, although we have a basketball court outside from the school, I think it will be better idea to make it bigger as u said too; another option is glitching inside the school/sewers. .I dont think the staff will care about that if its for practice even if its against the rules.(or like Josh said it will be possible to ask mod to tp ur teammates inside)

Also, practice can to be after the school time and I dont think it will change something if the practice will be late in 10 minutes or in some long time, its taking time to people log anyway.(school is open until 6pm)

NOTE: You even can to DM me and I'll open for u the doors in the back; Hatola#1468

Users who are viewing this thread