mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Team Rosters

kirbs

Level 3
IGN: KimiNoOsu
DATE: 4/6/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Looking at it, various teams have been going through the constant issue of members joining, then instantly quitting, or rather the roster simply not being complete. Due to all of this, I believe that Teams should have a few aspect changes inside of their system. I think that teams should be gave more... hype? Yes, they do get an announcement, but really, how far in lengths does that help? It gives off the general, "Oh! Cheer is looking for members!" Of course, this helps, it should stay. Though, I believe that things such as Tryouts, deserve more things implemented. I've seen numerous people not wanting to go out for tryouts, due to the constant belief they won't get in due to biases, or their characters aren't popular enough. SRP needs to get players to shed away from these beliefs, because I guarantee most of the time, they are not true. Back on topic, the Tryouts should get more things to do, not just Stretches, DetailRP, play game, whatever the Team does. I think the character having to go through more than this, just so they can get an overall vibe of the Team, and the Team can see if they believe they make the cut. Think of it as a Sorority choosing, how they thoroughly dive into who the character is. Really though, Sports need some kind of way to gain more people interested, along with players not being afraid of being rejected. To summarize... Add more depth into tryouts, get people excited for them, possibly add benefits for joining a team, and attempt to cut down the fear of trying out simply for rejection!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Fill up the rosters, grant players more possibilities on SRP, and make the roleplay more immersive/interactive!

Demurity

Level 35
I was on the Senior Leadership Team between October and March. While Maria is the main person responsible for managing teams, all of the SLT (composed of trusty admins on the server) have at least a small say on how teams are run and all captains are held to the same monitoring and expectations. With this knowledge, let's talk about the constant bias accusations (not targeted to original post, but more so the player base as this was a good point mentioned).

After receiving cheer captain, I left SLT shortly after to focus on the team. This sounds entirely unrelated, however, one thing that I will stand by is that no captain is permitted to get away with being biased in choosing players, and this is incredibly surveyed by the Senior Leadership Team. If you don't get on a team because of a toxicity warn or something you did to a team member, that's on you and if impactful enough, is justified to warrant a denial. That isn't being biased.
Though, I believe that things such as Tryouts, deserve more things implemented. I've seen numerous people not wanting to go out for tryouts, due to the constant belief they won't get in due to biases, or their characters aren't popular enough. SRP needs to get players to shed away from these beliefs, because I guarantee most of the time, they are not true.
Fair point, but I don't think that by any means this is a sports team problem nor a captain problem. If you're rejected for something, it's something that an entire team, usually composed of at least 8 people has agreed on.

When it comes to whether you'll be rejected, I've noticed that a lot of you take the IC attitude of a team member and internalize that that means you have no chance OOC. No one can help you with that but yourselves. I mean, come on guys, captains have been saying this for ages already. Sure, a cheerleader might act like a snob but that doesn't mean you have no shot. IC behaviour does not reflect on OOC behaviour.
1649296665875.png
Did no one listen to Wayne?? If you're that unsure, watch tryouts and then partake in them yourselves later on with notes from what was done by good players.

Back on topic, the Tryouts should get more things to do, not just Stretches, DetailRP, play game, whatever the Team does. I think the character having to go through more than this, just so they can get an overall vibe of the Team, and the Team can see if they believe they make the cut. Think of it as a Sorority choosing, how they thoroughly dive into who the character is.
I hosted 2 sorority rushes both in 2021 before the end of the Spartan Household. While the experience is wondrous, if we were to really 'explore who the character really is' for every single tryout it would become exhausting; rushes would last 3 days and over 2 hours. If you really want to guarantee yourself a chance to SHOW your character, try approaching team members before tryouts! Most teams do introductions, expect a form of writing, and in certain cases a demonstration of skill and even just small things like this already make tryouts go for over an hour at times.
Really though, Sports need some kind of way to gain more people interested, along with players not being afraid of being rejected. To summarize... Add more depth into tryouts, get people excited for them, possibly add benefits for joining a team, and attempt to cut down the fear of trying out simply for rejection!
- Depth to tryouts really depends. It's a captain's choice and not something staff can just push for.
- Benefits to joining a team are there, it just depends on what interests you. But considering that all teams have a guarantee (unless they lose it..) to team housing, as well as a nice community, in some cases team customs, and decent involvement in roleplay such as rivalry
- Cheer has done a lot in the past but I know my team especially is more than happy to partake in many flash events such as dances, general cheer, and even things like parties and kissing booths just to get people hyped. However, in teams / school spirit sides providing with you guys these events, it is very important to highlight that we can give you the party, the music, the date, but YOU have to involve yourself to be entertained. Step out of those shadows and put yourself out there rather than sitting in a corner and complaining about something happening. It's a Minecraft server, what is the worse that will happen to you if you mess up ICly?

The best roleplayers aren't the ones that have the most flawlessly written characters and the most impeccable writing. They're the ones that throw themselves into it and involve others at the same time.

Staff and event planners often come to the same agreement on this as well. We can give you hype, a scenario, the goods, and the materials of a good roleplay scenario. But we cannot hand you the perfect RP catered to you on a silver platter if you will not do your part in being enthusiastic and in GIVING into this hype.

I generally agree that there are certain issues with the interactiveness of RP right now, and I think it takes everyone a little while to get out of their shells, sports team members even included so I will grant you that. I also believe it would be really cool to see teams pumping out more of their own events, something I know I'm personally going to be trying to do a lot of going forwards. Most likely, more will be done in the future to allow sports teams banquets like previous and other fun opportunities, but you guys need to do your part, too.

> This isn't really a +1 or -1, sort of a note to do with this suggestion and my own insight.

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
Sure, a cheerleader might act like a snob but that doesn't mean you have no shot. IC behaviour does not reflect on OOC behaviour.
yeah elora tried to murder komachi but i dont want to commit crimes oocly i like makingf riends

makoto hasnt done any crimes yet so ic ant mentkon him

kirbs

Level 3
I was on the Senior Leadership Team between October and March. While Maria is the main person responsible for managing teams, all of the SLT (composed of trusty admins on the server) have at least a small say on how teams are run and all captains are held to the same monitoring and expectations. With this knowledge, let's talk about the constant bias accusations (not targeted to original post, but more so the player base as this was a good point mentioned).

After receiving cheer captain, I left SLT shortly after to focus on the team. This sounds entirely unrelated, however, one thing that I will stand by is that no captain is permitted to get away with being biased in choosing players, and this is incredibly surveyed by the Senior Leadership Team. If you don't get on a team because of a toxicity warn or something you did to a team member, that's on you and if impactful enough, is justified to warrant a denial. That isn't being biased.

Fair point, but I don't think that by any means this is a sports team problem nor a captain problem. If you're rejected for something, it's something that an entire team, usually composed of at least 8 people has agreed on.

When it comes to whether you'll be rejected, I've noticed that a lot of you take the IC attitude of a team member and internalize that that means you have no chance OOC. No one can help you with that but yourselves. I mean, come on guys, captains have been saying this for ages already. Sure, a cheerleader might act like a snob but that doesn't mean you have no shot. IC behaviour does not reflect on OOC behaviour.
View attachment 29184
Did no one listen to Wayne?? If you're that unsure, watch tryouts and then partake in them yourselves later on with notes from what was done by good players.

I hosted 2 sorority rushes both in 2021 before the end of the Spartan Household. While the experience is wondrous, if we were to really 'explore who the character really is' for every single tryout it would become exhausting; rushes would last 3 days and over 2 hours. If you really want to guarantee yourself a chance to SHOW your character, try approaching team members before tryouts! Most teams do introductions, expect a form of writing, and in certain cases a demonstration of skill and even just small things like this already make tryouts go for over an hour at times.

- Depth to tryouts really depends. It's a captain's choice and not something staff can just push for.
- Benefits to joining a team are there, it just depends on what interests you. But considering that all teams have a guarantee (unless they lose it..) to team housing, as well as a nice community, in some cases team customs, and decent involvement in roleplay such as rivalry
- Cheer has done a lot in the past but I know my team especially is more than happy to partake in many flash events such as dances, general cheer, and even things like parties and kissing booths just to get people hyped. However, in teams / school spirit sides providing with you guys these events, it is very important to highlight that we can give you the party, the music, the date, but YOU have to involve yourself to be entertained. Step out of those shadows and put yourself out there rather than sitting in a corner and complaining about something happening. It's a Minecraft server, what is the worse that will happen to you if you mess up ICly?

The best roleplayers aren't the ones that have the most flawlessly written characters and the most impeccable writing. They're the ones that throw themselves into it and involve others at the same time.

Staff and event planners often come to the same agreement on this as well. We can give you hype, a scenario, the goods, and the materials of a good roleplay scenario. But we cannot hand you the perfect RP catered to you on a silver platter if you will not do your part in being enthusiastic and in GIVING into this hype.

I generally agree that there are certain issues with the interactiveness of RP right now, and I think it takes everyone a little while to get out of their shells, sports team members even included so I will grant you that. I also believe it would be really cool to see teams pumping out more of their own events, something I know I'm personally going to be trying to do a lot of going forwards. Most likely, more will be done in the future to allow sports teams banquets like previous and other fun opportunities, but you guys need to do your part, too.

> This isn't really a +1 or -1, sort of a note to do with this suggestion and my own insight.
I totally agree with most of your statements, I was just suggesting for staff to try to cut down the belief of the Bias, because I believe that the accusations are false, it's really just sad to see players think it's bias just for saltiness. You do throw out a lot of golden points though!

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
I don't really think this is needed, people are usually picked based on skill and role-play. And if you have someone you know try out that reach those criteria, you want them on your team. Yes, it may look biased, but that's not always the intention or reason they get on. Also picking members is based on trust, meaning if you have someone that has good skill AND has your trust, why not let them on? just because their friends with the captain shouldn't mean they need to be denied because of that.

I think I'm going for a -1

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich

View attachment 29184

Gretzky is a wise man.

Always listen to wayne.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
View attachment 29184
I'm just gonna agree on this here.

Captains are not allowed to reject players before they try out, unless they have a history of being toxic. Though, a character's actions does not necessarily reflect the mentality of the person OOCLY! It's just how they want to portray their characters' personalities, and so on. Yes, I realize that tryouts might be intimidating in terms of nervousness and so on, but you never know what can happen if you don't give it a chance.

I wanted to be a part of the server's sports side, but it all started with me catching small attacks from a pixel game, and I wasn't much of a sociable person. I sucked it up and tried out for the team that stuck out to me the most, got in, and now I'm the Captain!

If you are rejected, it is not because someone is prejudiced, but because it is always a team discussion. They all speak about who stood out to them the most, and if they decide someone isn't a good match for the team, they are denied. However, as previously said, adding additional depth to the tryouts all comes down to the Captain of the team. There isn't much we can do if someone feels it's prejudiced rather than informing them it isn't. But it would be that individual who would miss out on a golden opportunity.

Yes, I realize people become terrified and overthink things. It's natural to overthink, especially if you've previously been rebuffed by a team. Totally acceptable, however, bear in mind that it was all the result of a team discussion. Various teams put on many events, and we all know how excited SRP players become when there is an event going on; after all, they adore events! These similar events can still make people excited to join a team because of how fantastic and enjoyable their flash events are, and I feel it helps with team image.

pashy

Level 183
I don't wish to come off offensive or disrespect but what kind of suggestion is this.. You can't suggest that teams shouldn't be biased that's a common sense thing against the rules, nor should you suggest and say that you'd like teams to get better or deeper.

For example, I can't go suggesting that I want the server to be better.. Everyone wants that clearly. What you suggest is HOW to make the server better. Your feedback gives a little of no information on what you'd like to change for the teams to become better but that you want more hype in them and for them to get deeper which explains noting at all from a point of h o w.. If you have a way deeper idea on how teams can get more hype and be deeper, that's a thing you should feedback. Though, if its not in the staff team hands but possible, you shouldn't feedback it but probably DM the captain with the idea.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- Captains shouldn't be bias during the selection phase of try-outs, this is usually a team effort, not a sole person's decision.
- Everyone gets an equal chance when trying out, so don't be discouraged by other player's, you still have a fairly good shot at getting onto the team you choose to try out for.

Users who are viewing this thread