Accepted TeaThighs Tutor app

_Darkforge_

Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: TeaThighs

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): TeaThighs#7117

How old are you? (Optional): 17

What is your time zone?: GMT

Describe your activity on the server: I log on mostly towards my own night time, and spend upwards of 2 hours online. Though often more spread across multiple bursts of logging in and out.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): I was banned for OOC Harassment, sometime in 2018. It was a regrettable time in my life and since then I have only grown and moved past such behaviour.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I do indeed.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Tutor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: A tutor is someone who is there for the students when they need academic support, whether that be on a specific subject or whether it be with technique for exams, homework, revision or otherwise. Sometimes a tutor will also be there to help out during a lesson to see if students or teachers require any extra support there as well. All in all, it is a role designed and built upon the role of helping to guide the students of a school of all forms towards the goal they are trying to reach.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have been active on RP servers for upwards of 4 years now, both applied and not. Mostly switching between more medieval servers though have been quite fond of the modern setting. Throughout this time I believe that my RP skill has increased and certainly my vocabulary has been widened to such a degree that I actually feel as if I can speak much more eloquently than some of my peers.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
[Ban Appeal]
[Language Application]
[Age Up Request]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): College, Bachelor.

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: First, Chin would attempt to calm the student and assess the situation to see what might have caused them to act in such a manner. Second, he would attempt to remove both himself and the student from a public area, possibly to a classroom to talk things over in a quieter setting where they might even calm themselves down. And finally, would explain that speaking to school staff is unacceptable and could end in a detention if it were to happen on other occasions or if it were to continue in any way with any other faculty members.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: Chin would call for another faculty member to assist him while he placed himself between the two students in order to begin seperating them slowly, while using as minimal force as possible as to not injure either of the students who are currently engaged in the fight. Once more staff appear the goal would be to seperate the students while they are both spoken to and dealt with accordingly depending on injuries possibly caused as well as why both of them were fighting. Following such punishments would be dished out as well.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: First reaction would be to discuss it with the staff member to see if there is a reason for why they are doing the action then telling them that they should probably do whatever it is they are doing off of school grounds as to not endanger students. Afterwards he would of course report what they had done to the Head and return back to his own duties.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act? Exactly the same as he would always act, calm and collected. As to be ready in case a student comes searching for help. He may be seen reading or perhaps preparing some resources for another student. If work does come calling to the door he would leave promptly and simply take his break after the school has closed.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
would raise his hand in a short wave to the student before him, offering a small smile before lowering himself into a chair and motioning for the student to follow. His shoulders would relax somewhat as his body landed against the seat, head turning to look toward the person as his lips parted into words. "Hello, so I understand that you are seeking help with school work? If you'd like to take a moment with me here and sit, you are welcome to discuss such with me and I will see how much I can help you along with that." His smile would grow warmer as his sentencer finished and his body leant fowards towards them while he awaited a response.
/me turned his head to look towards the student as his hand reached out to show them his own paper, filled with small diagrams and little snippets of helpful information on the subject at hand, he'd then lean his head around the work and began to walk through it. "So, do you see here how I have condensed the information into a more digestible chunk of wording? That makes it much easier to remember and allows for some students to retain the information better. If you are a visual learner-" He'd cut himself off via pointing to the small diagram accompanying the notes. "Then perhaps you would want to draw what you have learned, and the little visual note will help your memory keep in the information with a little bit of a boost for your mind to then fill in the gaps." He'd offer them a genuine smile while he awaited a response to see if he was indeed helping.
/me shifted his attention towards the students approaching him, rolling his sleeves up as his lips curved upwards into a gentle smile. He stopped himself and turned his full body to face them, folding his arms across his chest as one of his brows raised and he blinked once in their direction. "Hello, I'm Mr Sorin, If you need any academic help you are speaking to the right person. How may I be of service?" Even while he spoke he did his best to retain the smile on his lips and awaited a response.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Chin Sorin
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Preferred Name: Chin

Age (Minimum is 25): 26
Religious Denomination: Not thought about it too much
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree in English
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Teacher Assisting, Education General
Minors: Creative writing, English

Nationality: Cantonese
Current Location: Karakura
Native Languages: Cantonese
Other Languages: Japanese, Korean

Backstory
I’m not sure how to start this ha. I grew up in Southern China with my Mother, raised me as a hard worker. No time for any recreational activity ‘too wild for her to do’ she would always remind me. Because of that, most of my younger years were spent inside studying or studying my own studying to see if I had actually learned and retained any of the work I had done. Looking back that was definitely something I should hate her for, but I don’t. She got me ahead early and for that I only love and respect her more. Without her I never would have had the confidence to move on to further education, which I decided to pursue in Korea rather than at home, during my time there I managed to pick up on the language and can say with full confidence that if I were to move to Korea right now, I would be able to live there perfectly as a member of society. It was during my time in Korea I began my studies into English and Education though, I was finding that both Korea and my home just weren’t right for me in terms of education so I spoke with my mother about it and we both agreed it would be best if I went elsewhere to continue. After a while I landed in Japan, both mentally and physically, more specifically speaking Karakura, where I continued to get my degree. There was a bit of difficulty in the beginning when I was still learning the language as I had already previously learned Korean. My mind was having issues switching between the two, though with some help from a friend I had made I was able to fix myself up and finish my education with solid grades that my mother could be proud of.
Motivation for Joining KHS: It's a fine establishment of learning, I had done some of my own education here and only hope that I can share the experience of help and safety I felt at the school with the studenst of the current age. My fundamental belief is that this school is perfect for me whether I work here or whether I am here as a student.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I can offer up myself, qualifications and all as well as the added bonus of a calm presence to roam the halls of the grounds. I believe I am someone people believe they can confide in, I like to think of myself as responsible and trustworthy. If students ever want to speak to me I would always be around and free to be spoken to as I really do not mind.

Extra

Last edited by a moderator:

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Tutor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Users who are viewing this thread