Denied Technology Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeFlower

Level 0
Player information

IGN (In Game Name): AnimeFlower
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I do.

Describe your activity on the server: I get on, usually to see how the server is doing. I

used to come on all the time, but because of that I haven't been on too much, unless

someone wants me to come, or I feel like visiting.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes I do, I used to join the TeamSpeak chat you once hosted.

Do you have a microphone? I do, and I should be getting a better one at Christmas time.

List your current and past applications: I had created one in the past, but with the new

website I believe it must've gotten deleted for I cannot find it.

What is your motivation for applying?: I want to help the server, I don't see many teachers

on too often.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes I have, and I understand it.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I usually help

people learn how to do various things, but my biggest suite is technology. I know the basic

knowledge of 3D modelling, and I would end up teaching in the class Autodesk Inventor. As a

future job I plan on making video games, which includes art and 3d design, depending on the

game.

I currently do not have the 3D Programs I wish to have as of now (Most of them are
expensive), and I need to practice in the other ones I want to do, but I have enough
knowledge of Autodesk's Inventor, that I believe I could teach it to the class, based off
of memory.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top: Trainee , Newly
Qualified Teacher, Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, Head of Department.

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I
understand

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the

Teacher Group. Why would you change that? To have teachers on more often, is the only thing
that I can think of as now. Otherwise it is fine.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they

serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do

in their spare time in general.
They teach in order to prepare students for the real world, as they get older,
piggybacking off of someone else isn't really and option, because they need to work for
their keep. Teachers also explain some topics such as these, while also teaching their main
subject(s).

An average highschool technology teacher, gets paid about 57,200 USD a year, with a

Bachelor's degree, or Master's.
The average technology elementary teacher gets 55,860 USD a year, with a Bachelor's degree,
or Master's.
For the server a school teacher to get paid 250000 YEN on every 16th, for a TLR3 Band
member.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Because it's a realistic roleplay of a

Japanese highschool, for teachers are needed, otherwise it would just be a server, of which
to hang out, instead of a proper school. Things would become out of control.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee, is the starting point of the teaching career, you cannot start up any
classes, and cannot do work for any other teachers, all you can do is participate in a
class going on, to learn how they teach, this process lasts a few days.
Newly Qualified Teacher, is the second stage, you may open lessons, but you have to
check with your HD, and Roleplay Documents, to see when or what, you'll be teaching. If
there are no lesson plans, inform a teacher, You do not have to follow lesson plans from
the book, but is recommended to check key parts.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, this is the rank most people will get as a
teacher, and you may start a lesson whenever you want. Though organize the lessons, with
other teachers. And you are expected not to make many errors. However, trainees may watch,
but you MAY NOT, train them.
Head of Department, is the rank hardly any will make, if there is already one for
the subject. But you can get Co-HD if offered. If you do manage to get HD is your subject
(s), you may plan lessons, along with lesson plans within the subject.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCo system (Must have, Should have, Could have.)
Must: Is your main subject point that you want your students to learn during the lesson.
Should: Is an important thing that should be done.
Could: Is not expected to be completed, but nice to do.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.
How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on
Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for
the future?

Miss Fawn is soft-hearted, and kind, and tries not to over complicate her teachings.
She wears a light brown jacket, with a wool like material inside, and light brown fur
boots, with a similar look of hat. She wears a black shirt, belt, and socks, which connect
to her tan shorts, which go slightly above her knees. She also wears one tan long sock. Her
eyes are a medium color of brown, and her hair is long, with the various shades of the
rainbow, to try to represent a kind personality.

She is unique, due to the fact is that she doesn't really ever get mad, and will
only get loud, of which needed. She tries to teach in the best way she can, so that kids
understand the subject(s) that she is teaching. And will answer every question, depending
on it's appropriateness. Hoping kids will enjoy coming to her class.

Miss Fawn's outlook on students, truly depends on how they want to participate,
but she has a good opinion of them, most of the time. She believes that any student can do
anything, no matter who/what they are.

Miss Fawn outlook on teachers, is truly what she hopes they feel the same, and are
happy to teach, but if they have a different thought, she keeps quiet and is respectful,
and listens to what they have to say. Hoping that they can be good friends.

Her personality is usually quiet, and thoughtful. She is happy to listen to other
people opinions on certain subjects. She is light on certain punishments, but if its a
punishment that needs to be done, she'll do it, if it's a serious cituation, and won't let
free rides.

Her plans for the future is to become a graphics designer in the game industry,
after being a teacher. For she feels like being a teacher would be a good learning, and
teaching experience for both her, and her students. She hopes people would do the same,
but not pressure them into doing so.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Tell
them they should stop, and let them know various consequences, and continuing will cause
detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Tell the class, that they are wasting their own education time, and the time the
decide to talk, is how long they stay after the bell, even if it means having them late to
their classes. I'd also send an email to the teachers for why partial pupils that could be
in their classes, but tell them, not to excuse them for tardiness.
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Calm and in her own space. Usually
would be correcting papers, making sure there is room for other teachers. She'd usually
would be drinking Peppermint tea, if available. Having calm conversations with people who
talk to her.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me I'd hand out kids their papers, to type down for 5 minutes at the beginning of class,

telling them to turn their screens off, only to look down at their keyboard if needed.

/me Takes attendance of students who are there, while they are typing.

/me I'd go and grab the papers from the students once 5 minutes has past. Telling them to
turn on their screens.

/me I'd go and move to the back of the class, with my wireless mouse and keyboard. Telling
them to open Microsoft Word.

/me I'd have the students write a small story, at least a page long, about anything
fantasy. Telling them to use proper grammar rules.

/me Explains to the class, how to print, and not to have the mysterious printer ghost,
print 1387 pages, due to a rare bug in Word, having them print after explanation.

/me Dismisses class after the bell rings.

BACKSTORY

Laru loved technology for so long, however she kept to herself most of the time due
to not many people in her area questioning what impact it had, and not many people liking
it. Any time something new came out, she'd ask her Mother and Father for them, and usually
agreed, and waited for sales. Her family was relatively stable, nothing too shocking or
devastating happened. She was a single child, with no siblings. Causing life to be easier
than maybe what other pupils grew with.
Since not many people in her area liked technology, those who did would get picked
on, so whenever she was asked what she wanted to be, she just said something along the
lines of "I want to be a doctor." so people would leave her alone, so she could mind on
bigger things that come along, instead of kids teasing her. She went along with this lie
until she went into highschool.
Then when things in the technology era came to highschool, she threw away that lie,
and embraced the fact she wanted to do 3D design, and other various technology subjects..
She wasn't worried about being picked on, due to the fact that people were a lot more open
to technology by the time highschool came along.
At the second year of highschool, her parents had left for mysterious reasons, not
explaining why they left. She had heard nothing from them throughout highschool, but they
had left money in case she wasn't able to get a job. They came back when she was in collage,
saying they left for education, so they can get better job. To help support her through
collage. Since they had her at a young age, they didn't get a good education, but enough to
support them until she went to collage, since they knew she could live fine alone. They had
gotten even better jobs, so she could take any of her classes that she needed. And got A's,
with few b's or c's.
She helped people build custom computers as a hobby, after collage, figuring out
what she wanted to do as a teacher, taking notes of things she could do before she becomes
a teacher. Also working at side jobs so she doesn't have to rely on her family. But this
didn't last very long.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Laru Mey Fawn
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): none
Preferred Name: Laru Fawn, or teacher name Miss Fawn

Religious Denomination: Athiest
Marital Status: Single.
Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree:

Year of Graduation:
Major(s): Technology: 3D Design, graphics design.
Minors: Writing

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Group: Tiny, Small, or Medium.

Additional notes about your application (if any): Back story is 388 words. I also did the application in notepad, so some formatting might be strange.(FIXED)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread