V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
IGN: Spacetism
DATE: 26/09/2023 (im bri'ish go away)
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: text in dif languages
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: cause who doesn't wanna text their friend in jsl?!?! /j i wanna "scream" at people in finnish over text :3

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
+1 i had a char that didn't speak japanese so texting was kinda uhhhhh yeah

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't see why this would be necessary, the only person who can see the message you are sending is the recipient of the text, so it really wouldn't matter what language you communicate with them in.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I don't see why this would be necessary, the only person who can see the message you are sending is the recipient of the text, so it really wouldn't matter what language you communicate with them in.
Couldn't people see text logs if they take your phone (to check if you texted someone for help)? It would be safer if you texted someone in another language so others can't read what you have said if they took your phone to review your call and text logs.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Couldn't people see text logs if they take your phone (to check if you texted someone for help)? It would be safer if you texted someone in another language so others can't read what you have said if they took your phone to review your call and text logs.
You do not gain perms on anybody if they call for backup, nor do you get them if they contact the police (unless your character is arrested or fined). Regardless of what they are saying over text, all you have permission for is mugging or destroying the phone, which can only happen if they pull out their phone while your character is committing a crime.

This means that if they already have your phone, they already know you are a potential threat, but are unable to do anything but destroy the phone. In a criminal or combat scenario, there is no benefit to obscuring your messages behind a language barrier.

Last edited:

Blossom789

Level 11
I honestly think it is 50/50 for me.
my reasoning is that it’s only going to be yourself and the other person texting so no one else will see. But then the other part of me wants to say yes. Some characters may have broken Japanese and don’t speak well in the language icly.

Users who are viewing this thread