OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

tfyo
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
rocks#2196
List your timezone and country:
United States | CST
Describe your activity:
I’ve only recently gotten back onto SRP. I took a break from the server for a good amount of time so I have just been getting back into the feeling of SRP. Not much has changed from the last time I’ve played, but there is still a lot that I’m not used to and so I’ve been getting a feel with the sports plugins, and all the new additions to the server. Also, I've been selling off some old items to gain some money to benefit myself.
Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I have three previous bans from over a year ago. Although it was a relatively long time ago, I do understand why I was banned. I was reckless and made stupid decisions that caused me to be banned. At the time, I didn’t realize how my actions could affect others on the server and because of that I’m extremely sorry. Over the course of this year, I’ve grown and matured myself and I intend not to run into anymore problems that I previously would have run into.
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]

Item Request [DENIED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Police Application [ACCEPTED]
Spanish Application [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Item Request [ACCEPTED]
Age Request [ACCEPTED]
Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED]
Ban Appeal [ACCEPTED]
News Reporter Application [ACCEPTED]
Teacher Application [ACCEPTED]
Nurse Application [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
The reason for my application is that I've always believed the News Reporter Organization on SchoolRP had an interesting kick to it. The Organization I feel, would really develop my character and give me a better touch with the community. Reporters are such impactful side to the server, and gives the server a sort of realism when it comes to how well other characters handle and experience it.
The organization in general is extremely intriguing to me and I've always wondered how I would do if I were to become a part of such. As a News Reporter my goal at first was to expand my roleplay experiences outside of the SchoolRP, but the opportunities that being a News Reporter brings makes it all the more worth it. I believe becoming a News Reporter would give my character a different way to gain in-game currency, other than selling items and going around with the daily allowances. I do understand that becoming a News Reporter is a great responsibility and that there are many rules in this job and honestly, I'd like to get back into being a news reporter like I was before. Out of all the jobs I've had, including Assistant Nurse, Teacher, and Police Officer, I feel like News Reporter was the most interesting job I've had. Also, It was the longest job I had throughout my time playing SchoolRP.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
Only a few months ago, I used to be apart of the reporter organization. This was before the Karakura Government was "established." I had been a reporter for around three months, and while I spent my time there, I gained much experience with writing articles and interviews about recent events going on. Also, before I became a news reporter, I was a teacher at the high school which helped me gain experience on writing things that would appeal to others. My experiences helped me create articles to the best of my abilities. Now, I look back on the articles I've made and know that I could make much better articles with much better writing. With all the new events going on in SchoolRP, I'd love to be able to write about whichever events presents it's opportunity.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
I am aware of the set rules and I intend to follow them to the best of my abilities. I understand the consequences of breaking the rules and I don't have any intent on breaking them anymore.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe you should accept me over the others, because I do have more experience over the applicants who have never been a writer or a news reporter before. I understand the workplace and I understand how to create detailed and reeling articles. Although, there are other candidates that can prove themselves if they are accepted into this job, but I know that I can further my experience by going back into the News Reporter Organization. I feel as if this has been the best job over all the others jobs I've had. I hope to be able to expand my narrow roleplay opportunites by becoming a news reporter.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I do, and I won't alter any reports that I create to either choose sides or make one side come out as the problem.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do know that I can manage my time well enough to complete the monthly quota and stay active to the job.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine work as a reporter is a teeth grinding experience. I want to hope that the job is somewhat frustrating, because I want to have a reason to continue playing SchoolRP. Working as a reporter is such an interesting experience to me, and I think of it as interacting with citizens of Karakura, interviewing public figures and spreading knowledge about past and future events that did / will happen in Karakura. A reporter's work, to me sounds like a job you can really put your life on the line for to get an interesting story.
IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Kaito Alstrom
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Mr. Alstrom
Kai

Current Age (25+):
Past job/work experience:
Freelance Writer
Cashier

Degree/qualifications:
Bachelors Degree [Journalism]
Media Studies
English
Science

Nationality and born location:
Nagasaki, Japan
Phone Number:
030-480-7154

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
A word you could use to describe me would be persistent. I wouldn't say I go overboard, but at the same time I'm not one to give up easily. I feel like when I have my mind set on something, I'll see it through. Even if it doesn't turn out how I expect it, leaving something unfinished is like working but only finishing with 25% of your effort. I'd rather work till I bleed and have it turn out the worst product I've ever produced than work with zero effort and have it be the best thing I've produced. That won't satisfy me and I won't be glad I made it. No matter how nice it looks, unless I tell myself I've worked hard enough for me to call it a finished product, I'm not letting myself go. I work well under pressure, and sometimes produce my best work.
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I'm interested in writing the truth. I want to be able to point out the good and the bad going on in the city. Not everyone sees this city as a perfect city, and I want to be the voice that they can trust. I want to be the voice that speaks for those who are too scared. To achieve this, I want to start small, just going on by writing articles about recent events, but I also want to be able to acknowledge times where Karakura wasn't so perfect and how we as a community can cause change. I don't feel like anyone really has a comfort zone, the only way to experience new things is to let go of your comfort zone. Honestly, I wouldn't say I have a comfort zone, because I'll be straight up, no matter how it comes out.
What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for this job is to gain a challenging experience throughout the workplace. I want to be able to compete with other talented writers to create one of our best articles for the city. I expect this job not be such an easy job, but a somewhat frustrating job that keeps you up at night, thinking about new articles to write the next day. While working, I hope to display my writing skills to whoever I work with and help myself further my writing abilities by surrounding myself with better writers.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No Criminal Record [N/A]
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese
Spanish
Korean

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.
Back In Time

Written 06.12.21
Kaito Alstrom

Hello Karakura, this is News Reporter Kaito Alstrom. Today, we'll be taking a trip back in time to a point where Karakura seemed to be on it's last legs. As a community, we stood up for what we believed and during this time, a major change went through Karakura. If you can remember, a few months ago there was a riot at the Karakura Police Station. Many members of our community gathered round the police station, skipping class and heading towards towards the KPD to stand for what they believed in. This riot went on for quite a while and they were persistent. Although this riot was peaceful, the police did have to use some force to push the protesters away.

As some may think, the Police's actions weren't the right course of action to take when it came to this peaceful protest as they began shooting up in the air to scare the protesters, but we're not here to take sides. Some think they had no reason to start using lethal force, and some think opposite. Either way, after this event the riots and protest haven't been heard about in ages. This event really helped with change throughout the city and although we still have work to do, as a community after this riot we really banded together and brought Karakura back up onto all four legs.

Nobody was harmed in any way and they were only trying to back people away. I am not justifying the KPD’s actions nor am I justifying the protestors actions, but I am just here to inform you the details and how it was handled. The KPD has had riots and protests come to the KPD with things like this, but the protest was peaceful, but some protestors took it too far and such. The KPD had to come out and shoot their weapons to back the protestors away as they had kept coming and they had been very frustrated with the situation, yet as I said earlier, they handled it well.

The protest had lasted for about two hours before protestors began to leave the area. Members of the protest had begun to say that they’d do another protest the following day, some agreed some didn’t. Luckily the protest hadn’t had any violent acts and was just come citizens speaking their minds for freedom and justice.

Well, that is all for today Karakura. Stay tuned for more news about Karakura's past and current events.

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.
Interviewing Malachi Moralez
- Hello Karakura, my name is Kaido Alstrom and today I have an interview from the Governor who is also running for Deputy Mayor. Hear what they have to say about the community and what change they'll bring.

-Kaido Alstrom: So Mr. Moralez, seeing as you are running for Deputy Mayor, I'd like to ask a few questions about how you can benefit the city.
-Malachi Moralez: Well, if I'm voted Deputy Mayor, I want to be able to tend to our community's weak points.
-Kaido Alstrom: And what do you think our weak points may be?
-Malachi Moralez: Well, our community has begun to be infested in crime, more and more gangs are popping up after that recent gang war. We're lacking the amount of resources needed to lower the crime rate.
-Kaido Alstrom: Crime has indeed become a major problem in our city, but how do you believe you can help?
-Malachi Moralez: Well, as you know I am the governor. I've slowly been trying to turn this city around for the better. But, we all have our limits and as governor, I feel like there's not much more I can do. If I were to become Deputy Mayor, I could surpass those limits.

---

-Kaido Alstrom: But what powers does a deputy mayor have that a governor does not have access to?
-Malachi Moralez: Well first, when the Mayor takes a leave or cannot attend to their mayor duties, the deputy mayor will step in which gives them access to all the powers a Mayor has. As governor, I can't just act as the mayor. With the mayor's authority, major changes can start happening around the city.
-Kaido Alstrom: I see, but crime isn't the only thing that has corrupted our city. It's become easier for children to get weapons which some say is the main cause of our crime rate. How can you change that?
-Malachi Moralez: Well, with our police force, they have been gaining more and more cadets and that has significantly helped lower our crime rate. But at the same time, there isn't much the government can do with the resources we have. As a community, we need to band together to take down the organizations that have been distributing weapons towards our children.
-Kaido Alstrom: I see you speak highly of our community, what's a word you can call what we have in Karakura?
-Malachi Moralez: One word..? What we have in Karakura.. in short is a family. I'd put my life on the line for our community.
---

-Kaido Alstrom: If you are elected as the Deputy Mayor, what will be your first course of action?
-Malachi Moralez: Well, there has been a recent issue when it comes to financial housing, more and more children are seen on the streets and unable to afford homes. I want to be able to establish a system for cheaper housing and help out those in need.
-Kaido Alstrom: What about healthcare, do you see any problems in that area?
-Malachi Moralez: Actually, our heathcare system has not been doing so bad recently. With the amount of doctors we have, we've been able to save many lives. Although, I hope to be able to speed up our response time. The quicker our Police Department and Hospital Services can get to the injured, the better.
-Kaido Alstrom: Speaking of response time, how has it improved in the recent days?
-Malachi Moralez: From previous times, our response time has greatly improved. There are still some spots which need some refining but I know we can work on it, given the time.
---

-Kaido Alstrom: Do you really believe that if you can become Deputy Mayor, you can bring all this change into Karakura?
-Malachi Moralez: I'm positive about it, if I know one thing, it's that Karakura is my home and I'll stop at nothing to bring it back to full strength.
---

There you have it Karakura, that's the latest report from our Governor. Now we can wait and see who becomes our next Deputy Mayor. Remember to go vote and stay safe.
Goodnight Karakura!

[OOC]
Additional Information: [N/A]

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Accepted!

Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM Aania#0117 once you've acknowledged your application so that I can set up your roles!

Users who are viewing this thread