reichi

Level 3

IGN:

Oondinee
Alt- Rreichii

Discord:

rei#3724

Describe your activity on the server:

Considering the fact that my alternate account (rreichii) is on the Bobcats Female Basketball-Team, and especially as the Captain, I have to stay consistent with my hours on the server- often spending the time hanging out with my teammates and practicing. As for this account I’m applying for a shop with (oondinee), I’m currently taking place as a school employee, specifically a receptionist (obviously willing to give up if this application gets accepted). This role also makes me have to participate on the server more than an average player. I’m familiar with balancing both accounts as well as my online time with offline, so I’d say I’m swell with time management. Still summertime, my schedule is pretty open so I can hop online daily. If something were to disrupt my mostly clear calendar, I would inform it ahead of time and make a solution to where the shop could still be running.

Previous applications:

Team Rank Request
https://schoolrp.net/threads/basketball-team-rank-request-rreichii.35881/ [Accepted]
Language Request
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-lang-request-rreichii.36470/ [Denied]

Language Request (Second Attempt)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-lang-request-2nd-attempt-rreichii.36498/ [Accepted]
Grade Request
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-boost-rraaacchheeell.37178/ [Accepted]
School Counsellor Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-employee-application-counsellor-oondinee.38422/ [Denied]
Grade Request
https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-boost-oondinee.38734/ [Accepted]
School Receptionist Application
https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-employee-application-receptionist-oondinee.40478/ [Accepted]

Previous warns/kicks/bans:

N/A, my history is clean from warnings, kicks or bans.

Shop wanted:

Short Answer- Unowned Shop #1 but flexible.

Long Answer- I’m flexible with what region is to be owned, as most of my details and or decorations wanting to be added are small things capable of being incorporated here and there. That being said, I would still prefer “Unowned Shop #1” as it was a plot with easy capability to see the length and width of. Wanting to have a poetry bar, I want a well off sized stage, yet not have it twice the size of the seating area. I’ll take any shop that seems a good size for what I have stated.

Why do you want to own a shop?:

Aforementioned, for both my accounts, my characters are in the school building during school time, one as a receptionist, the other as a student. Comprehending that having a shopkeeper role will keep me from entering the campus, it will give me a new path to roleplay in, as well as some diversity between both my accounts. This would mean I don’t have to be on my shopkeeper character during school hours also, where there’s been scenarios that my school employee job and student characters have collided in (playing them both at the same time). As I still enjoy helping the players of Karakura, I decided that my receptionist character, especially with her warm personality, would be a perfect fit toward owning a shop. It would also give more progress toward my character's background rather than her miraculously disappearing. Another reason why I want a shop bestowed in my name is that my ideas are original/have not been seen in Karakura before. I believe the creative aspect, inspiration and well thought out input toward The Basho Bistro will give a new and exciting change to SRP’s town (more explanation will be disclosed under the “What do you plan to do with the shop?” and “How will your shop be unique? sections). When I first joined this server, shops were stated to be closed for a fairly long amount of time- obviously things are different now as I’m making this application. Keeping the thought of owning a store in my mind, it was an innovative process. After a lot of thinking, I finally came up with and am leaping for something that holds a little bit of personal sentiment and a fresh concept for the players of SRP.

What do you plan to do with the shop?:

The Basho Bistro (Poetry Bar) is a bar and restaurant combination alongside an entertaining stage. The shop is named after Matso Basho, a famous poet throughout the Edo Period of Japan. Bistro was chosen after as it’s an alliteration and kindly describes the shop's design better.

Customers will self seat themselves at either the tables/booths or at the bar as long as they’re of age. After their meals (and have NOT had alcohol), they’re able to go to the side of the stage where an employee (the Co-Owner in fact) will be, having to pay the fee of one grand to go on stage. Though there is no exact regulation for what a player's speech can or cannot include, it’s deemed for something along the lines of a poem, a rap verse, or maybe even to confess love in a sweet way! The stage is a fun way to communicate and spark or inspire. Customers are not allowed to wear masks or have weapons on them.

*To avoid the awkward silence at the beginning of openings, the Co-Owner or Owner will most often be on stage to start things off*

Waiters/Waitresses are entrusted to tend toward customers capable of seating themselves in a reasonable amount of time. With being top on management, it’s my job to make sure that the waiter/waitresses job runs smoothly. As soon as the building of The Basho Bistro is finalized, I’m planning on making a seating chart, where a waiter/waitress is assigned to take care of a selected amount of tables/booths (elaborated better with an example image in the spoiler "Example Seating Chart”). Since the tables will be closer to the stage, menus will have foods and non-alcoholic drinks to avoid interference from being drunk. Waiters/waitresses must be 16+ but there may be exceptions.

Bartenders must stay at the located bar unless given permission from the Owner or Co-Owner not to be with a good reason. They must ask for I.D.’s when a beverage is requested. If a customer is underage, they must be moved to a table/booth. The bar will not have a menu, rather a list of alcohol and snacks above the counter. Along with the listed menu, there will be a sign with words along the lines of “You may not go on stage when alcohol is in your system”. Bartenders must be 20+, no exception (unless we’re running low and have someone we can trust).

This is only an example of seating to better elaborate selected tables, AKA not the actual seating plan-
Purple: Bar
Yellow: Waiter/waitress 1’s tables
Red: Waiter/waitress 2’s tables
Green: Waiter/waitress 3’s tables
Blue: Waiter/waitress 4’s tables
The empty but outlined square is the stage.

Uniforms are mandatory to be worn for employees. They will be of white, black and teal colors worn throughout the team to have an easy capability to spot out a worker. This post will be edited once the uniforms have been made (a rough idea of the uniforms is under the spoiler "Example Uniforms”). Employees may not have any masks, facial accessories or hats. Hair accessories must match the uniform (black or white) and cannot have any “holding” accessories (this includes backpacks, instruments, skateboards, ETC). Employees are allowed to wear jewelry or glasses that do not obstruct the scene of their uniforms however.

This is an example to get a better sense of what the uniforms will look like. They will be white, black and teal-

Applications to work at The Basho Bistro will be handled through a Google Form. Much like how other shops have done so, it will be announced in an advert when we’re hiring. The players interested will make their way down to the shop, where I will hand out application papers using /it. After the applications are closed, my co-owner and I will look through them and pick out who seems to be fit for the job. In the form, there will be a section that asks for the players IC phone number, where we’ll call them in-game for an interview. If they happen to not be online when we do this, we’ll DM them VIA Discord. Although I do want trustable employees, I don’t want to hold the bias of them just being friends- in the applications, I will be looking for workers with a good reputation. A discord account will be a must, as that’s where the team will be communicating, and a mic or capability to join VC is suggested but not obligatory.

Reservations at The Basho Bistro are great for bachelor/bachelorette parties, after-wedding parties, family reunions and of relations. A ticket bot will be incorporated within the discord server where people can sign up to have a custom gathering. The services may stay the same or they can pay for certain amounts of items ahead of time to make sure we have them in stock. The stage will be complimentary with no fee.

Rough draft step to step on how to make a reservation-
1 Join The Basho Bistro discord server
2 Go to the #reservations channel
3 Click the reaction under the Ticket Bot message to make a ticket
4 This will send you to a newly created channel with you, the owner, and co-owner
5 Go back to the #reservations channel and copy the format
6 Paste the format into the new channel and fill it in

Rough draft on reservation format-
IGN:
DATE for reservation:
TIME for reservation:
OTHER requests:

Dates are splendid to plan at The Basho Bistro- especially if your significant other is a fan of poetry or writing! What would be cuter than a love poem said in front of a crowd anyway? The second floor is dedicated to have a significant amount of two person tables. Although being a loft, it would still have a perfect view of the stage along with a nice private setting.

Events are an exciting twist to add to a multipurpose shop like The Basho Bistro. This will make customers enriched by a new experience. Here are a couple future ones to be implemented...

Karaoke Night!- What’s better than a sing-off? The stage will be used specifically for the people of Karakura to shine with vocals. They will still follow the procedure of going to the side of the stage and paying the Co-Worker the stage fee, although they’ll also be telling them what song they’ll be singing. Then the Co-Worker will action the song playing with /it.

Rap Battle!- Two players are allowed to go on stage, where they switch off on freestyle verses. After they’re done, the audience may vote on who won.

Stage fee is half off!- Rather than the 1,000 yen fee to get on stage, it’s half the price. Who knows… maybe it’ll be free another day?

Storytelling!- Like Karaoke Night, the stage doesn’t have a free for all on what to do, on this night, you tell stories. The owner can even inform you on a little bit more of her past.

Championships!- Using /roll, players are able to engage in activities that do not have excessive violence, such as arm wrestling. Two contestants can go up on stage, where the ones seated can place bets.

Talent Show!- Unlike the Championships, there's no luck involved with /roll, players are not restricted on anything they want to show the audience as long as it abides with server and roleplay rules.

Clubs Night!- Does a club want to get more players? Well they’re in luck as we’ll collab with them at no cost. They’re capable of going on stage to capture new members interested in what they have. All they have to do is DM me and get a time scheduled.

Play Night!- This will take a bit more than the others to plan, for rehearsals and what not. On a night for this, I’d need more employees than normal, as some still need to work or hire players for specifically this job.

Improv Night!- Similar to the play, although this will incorporate volunteers from the audience where it’s a freestyle.

Eating Competition- This game was customised by myself as I realized how much of a waste it would be if players just tried to eat the most food (?!?!?). To sum it up, a bowl of curry (etc) will have a "health" of 1000, players will roll out of 100, and whatever number it shows is what the health will be depleted by. EX: rolling 50 out of 100 will minus 50 from the original 1000 health, making it now 950. They will keep going and who ever reaches 0 first, wins. People may place bets. A better explanation will be made into a book and quill and handed to players interested on the night of the competition.

Design is a key component to The Busho Bistro. It’s what gives it it’s aura and attracts custom
ers. The room will be low-lit, not too dark but enough to make the centerpiece the stage. The look would be a tad rustic, but would have mixes of abstract dark and or light pieces with it. There would be greenery though not like it was under the control of plants.

Interior Inspo-
*there are no images on google that I like with a stage*

Exterior Inspo-

Food and Drinks are of rather importance, it being a restaurant. The Basho Bistro won’t crazily embark on a different cuisine than Japanese, as it’s main individualism is from it’s poetry stage. On the table/booth and bar menu, foods will be divided into different sections. Under the spoilers is what I’m most interested in offering at the shop.

Table/Booth Menu-
Food:
Onigiri
Sushi Box
Bento Box
Beef Curry
Drinks:
Ramune
Green Tea
Hot Chocolate
Iced Coffee
Pink Bulb Drink
Oreo Milkshake
Treats:
Dango Stick
Mochi Ice Cream
Taiyaki
Ice Cream Sandwich

Bar Menu-
Alcohol:
Shochu
Sake
Whiskey
Champagne
Wine
Beer
Vodka
Rum
Tequila
Hennesey
Snacks:
Popcorn

Customs (Future buys)-
Bar Snacks:
Breadsticks
Edamame (immature soybeans)

Table Menu:
Tamagoyaki
Panda Onigiri

Items:
The Basho Bistro Microphone

How will your shop be unique?:

Through how the employees are to work, the accessibility of what customers can do, even down to the design of the place, The Basho Bistro surrounds itself to make sure players can be expressive. That’s a grand thing to have, especially on a roleplay server.
The self seating gives customers the freedom to choose the view that most pleases them, whether it be a front seat, near the stage, or the opposite, farther from the stage, where it’s more mellow.
With the selected tables concept, it gives new waiters and waitresses more flexibility to how many tables they are able to handle. The layout of the shop is well-thought out, where the decision to keep alcohol off the menu at tables and booths that are closer to the stage than the bar come to play.
Employees will stand out without being too flashy with the black, white and teal uniforms. It helps customers differ workers from other customers to find support. There will also be slight differences from the waiter, waitress and bar uniforms compared to the Owner and Co-Owner to mark the roles.
There are practically limitless ways that customers can convey their thoughts and or feelings, mainly with the capability to engage it to a whole audience. On top of that, it’s an easy way to socialize over a cup of tea without any awkward silence. Players are able to talk about subjects they’re interested in, and maybe find some viewers who believe or think the same way.
The application process is taken both OOCly and ICly, and will be brought to the most simplistic and understandable way possible- requirements will be very thorough. I have deliberately left many spots open for jobs so a handful of players could have a chance, not just first picks to my friends who know of this application.
After a reservation or an event we will look for feedback to see how we can better our services. This will make sure future customers will be satisfied, making sure to make noticeable changes that follow the reviews we have gotten.
There will be no boredom at The Basho Bistro, the events will give every player a new memory. Everyone will come together as a family to join the fun. After all, it’s a place that
emphasizes smiles and laughter.

How many employees are you planning to have?:

I want to be sure to hire trustable and reliable workers so to start off, I would most likely hire around 5 (4 as waiters/waitresses, 1 as bartender a shift) people to work a single shift. With that, I would use it as a reference to see if I need more or less to carry on. I would assume to need at least those 5 players on the job to make the work day play out efficiently. Continuing, I would probably need (roughly) 20 employees in total taking time zones and availability into account, this being said with my experience of working in restaurants and related shops here on SRP.

As owner, I will be in charge of the management of employees, management of the discord server, paychecks for employees, event planning, checking on the food/item stock and maintaining the budget.

The already picked Co-Owner, _Catalystiq_, will be in charge of stage fees, security and will help with input and judgement. Thus far, he will be the one handling drunk customers, telling someone to get off stage and whatnot. If there becomes an
up rise in more needed security, a specific job for it will be made.

A relative roster of the team will look like this-
Owner: 1/1
Oondinee | Ondine “Dina” Kjaer
Co-Owner(s): 1/1-2
_Catalystiq_ | Kazuki “Cal” Otto
Waiters/Waitresses: 0/16
Bartenders: 1/4
ErrorBluz45 | Usagi Haechi

Does your character have any college degrees? If so, list it:

Yes, Ondine (my character, of course) has majored in Communications. Her minors are Education and Business.

Note(s):
Some images are only popping up as links on my "preview", I am able to send them VIA Discord if needed.
The uniforms and Discord server is under works.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
  • Decent application, all the details are clear and the event ideas are interesting.
  • DM MikeShotZ#0960 on discord or send me a forums conversation to get started

Users who are viewing this thread