mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

THE BUSINESS PARK BALCONIES...

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
This is all just an artistic version of individualism vs conformity and I've been ****yzing it for a good minute now. Personally, I prefer the messy eyesore over dystopian hellscape gray but I can understand why people hate it too (I wont deny it being an eyesore and like color vomit). I don't think it should be a problem that people want to store things on their balcony, it doesn't hurt anyone even if it looks tacky. Players have items they want to collect. People pay for an apartment and thus want to maximize the experience they get out of it. Balconies are part of that payment they make and it makes sense they want to use them for roleplay and otherwise. However, I do think the additional rooms/bathrooms are overkill and shouldn't be allowed. It was mentioned earlier by Yonio that players have been given multiple opportunities to fix their balcony behavior but I feel as though the guidelines for balconies shouldve been communicated more clearly.

Micromanaging balconies isn't a viable solution either, which is why I'd like to see a compromise occur where were able to place furniture or presets on the balconies. As of right now they look kind of boring, not ugly, just boring. BUT remember that that opinion is coming from someone who loves pops of color. My taste in fashion is egregious and my tastes should not be trusted. Im a bless this mess kind of guy and balconies are the mess. I like peaking into people's little worlds.

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
+1/-1

I like the idea of having a few presets for each apartment balconies. Although, I do also see why it isn't allowed and I agree with the current rule in place.
(I want a little bbq and a bench on my balcony personally. . )

TheIsa

Level 3
The people saying -1 have a very good point, but what about limiting the building area to two blocks high? that way people won't use the balconies to extend apartments but they can still put down a nice bench or some plants!

Edit: looks like this has already been mentioned, but I think it's a good idea! :)

Renidite

Level 11
I don't agree people should be able to build on the small balconyies as staff have a hard enough time going around over 100 apaprtments keeping track of what is deemed as realistic or not. The balcony's are just really too small to add anything on to begin with unlike the other and bigger apartment balconies

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Whilst I agree the current setup doesn't allow for too much customisability, we currently do not have plans to add an editable balcony for these apartments. If we were to allow for balconies in some of these apartments, we would need to make some changes to our housing plugin due to region shapes and some other complications -- we may do this in future when we've finished our current backlog.​

Users who are viewing this thread