mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The community

TechJD

Level 43
Now I ask for anyone who’s reading this to keep an open mind, for my words, and for my criticism. Now idk if I’m speaking for anyone else when I say this but I feel as if the community has grown a bit... disrespectful and even somewhat toxic towards newer players and even the staff team itself.

Now what I mean is that people in srp. Play to win, they never play as if they’re an actual person, everytime I walk around. It’s Mary Sue here and there and everywhere. Everyone seems to be the picture perfect human. It bothers me to see people, being too perfect. It’s like taking the spice out of food, you lose that interesting spark or zing with every bite.

Now when I say, “play to win”. What I mean is that all they think about is “what can I do to make this situation favor my side”. It’s honestly rediculous to me whenever I see someone argue and argue and argue in looc just because something isn’t going their way.

People say they read the rules, but do they really???, And if they do, do they really understand how to really enjoy roleplaying???.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

Have a nice day
~Lee

Boroski

Level 17
To be honest I feel as if both sides are at a fault. A lot of players might have misunderstood the rules and have reached a point where they either exploit said rules to find loopholes or simply create a fuss if something does not go their way, BUT sometimes those rules are not very well enforced and some players don't seem to comprehend them. Some rules might offer more freedom to certain things, but it tends to be a double edged sword. Skins are out-of-character, of course, but the visual experience tends to be quite unsatisfactory when there's some dude with a creeper skin but a /viewdesc compliant physical description, which is why a lot of people choose to have their skins in-character. You will also have players that excuse themselves with saying that their character is cosplaying a skin that would otherwise depict something unfavourable in-character and unless you supervise them to see if they really cosplay or are pretending to be something non-human then you can't be certain. And what happens when people can't be what they want, but rather be what they must? That's right, dissidence and toxicity.

Boroski

Level 17
The fact that people don't have that feeling where they enjoy being their character for the purpose of roleplaying and not for an out-of-character goal (i.e. who's the strongest, who's the richest, who has the most antique items etc.) and they rarely remember that you don't win nor lose in a roleplay server, you roleplay, is what has made me quit.

Callie

Level 39
Maybe custom character applications would help? Not like, "I want (item)" but more. A complete biography of a player's character, stats, and physical traits. It would help the community become more unique, and have to think and plan their character's backstory and abilities. I made a suggestion about this a long time ago, but maybe if you got some kind of identifying tag, prefix, or decal you could be trusted more as a dedicated roleplayer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread