mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

THE FIGHTING SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

soda

Level 12
hey guys waddup im nitrosoda i apologize for the shitty name i dont know how nor care to change it so anyways...
I've never won a fight in schoolrp. My luck is shit. I roll 20's, 40's, rarely anything over 100. I always get fucking whooped by the other players. But im not here to complain about my luck. I'm here to complain about the system. /roll is stupid. Fighting is supposed to be based on skill. Literally a super lucky sophomore could walk up to an adult and beat them in four turns. Its slim, but possible. Also, doesn't make sense. For example, in real life, imagine a 30 year old jacked guy walking around. A skinny 13 year old freshman walks up to him, starts a fight, and wins. How? How would he win? The 30 year old worked his ass off at the gym, and he gets beaten by a skinny teenager?

How would you fix this broken system, you ask? Attributes. I believe donors have better attributes(don't take my word for it), but walking around, running around, climbing (laggy) mountains, boosts your attributes. This should make you stronger and faster in real life, no? Make the attributes plugin in which doing normal things in Minecraft increases your speed and strength both in and out roleplay. Also, make it to where when you die out of rp, you keep your attributes. If you seriously lose your stats over fall damage, people won't want to play.Me and a friend spent hours increasing our stats, and then lost it cause we accidentally fell off a mountain...I know the servers tryna be reasonable. You die, you start over. No. That should only be in roleplay. Besides, I don't even know why people take fall damage. It's a roleplay server, not a survival server. The attributes are pretty useless otherwise. Anyways, this would give you the upper hand in combat. Players will be encouraged to play more if they work hard for skill. That's how real life works. You work hard, and you are rewarded. If you want this server to be like real life, fix your system.

Link

Level 1
do be a do be a bruh moment bruh breh I agree

All seriousness, I agree. You can get really bad RNG and get completely destroyed by someone with a lesser /roll

hebwig

Level 111
This is why we have the Combat Rules section in the Rules & Information thread. You're always supposed to have a reason to attack someone, and as a result this lowers the amount of fighting that may happen randomly around the server. Also, if you and two others are fighting one person (3v1), the one person must automatically "honor," or P2L the fight and take all the hits. When you say, "fighting is based on skill," you're right. The one thing I agree on in this thread is that most fights should be done by the rules of P2L since it is more fair and isn't just based off of a random number. Negotiating what is realistic in a fight with another person is what makes roleplay realistic, and is something that roleplayers from all sorts of different games will do. The system for /roll is not "broken," it's just random. This is why P2L/honor is better.

Regarding the, "I believe donors have higher attributes"—it's pretty likely they do. People donate to the server because of the amount of time they spend on the server. Plus, no one wants their rank to go to waste. It could also be the fact that Fundraiser++ has /feed, meanwhile default players and Fundraiser itself does not have this advantage. When grinding your speed attribute, I would agree that it is much easier as a donor. Other attributes, though—they're just about the same in comparison to any type of player. Regarding the, "If you lose your attributes over fall damage, people won't want to play the server"—if you're seriously playing the server just to grind attributes, then you probably should have never joined in the first place. What attracts people to SchoolRP is. . .roleplay. Simple as that.

The point of, "how you roleplay should affect your attributes!" is completely wild. A server plugin cannot track every single /me to check whether or not it is an action revolving around fighting or a character's facial expression simply changing. As much as I'd want this to be a thing (and I'm sure several others), it's just hardly possible.

"If you want this server to be like real life, fix your system." When we talk about bringing realism to the server, we're referring to roleplay. You know, acting fearful when a teacher scolds you; actually emoting your pain through a /me when you fall from a high place. It's hard to make Minecraft mechanics itself as realistic as possible, and I really hope you do understand that. Roleplay is what we're trying to make realistic when we talk about realism overall.

For those reading this who rely heavily on /roll to decide the outcome of every single one of their actions, stop? Try using P2L/honor instead, and actually negotiating with the other party what is realistic in a fight. It makes roleplay easier on both parties and will most likely result in less arguments for everyone involved. Using P2L/honor is really the only realistic solution to this problem, next to the /roll limits for certain ages.

Hope you understand. Maybe use #feedback in the Discord next time?

soda

Level 12
Ok, reasonable. It's impossible for a plugin that good. I agree with you, all but on the last part. Negotiating? I don't think players want to do this. I get what you mean, like someone losing on purpose for character development, etc. But the average player simply wouldn't understand that, which is why everyone heavily relies on /roll. Honor is a great idea, but people want to win the fight. Instead of negotiating, the players will most likely argue against doing honor. Honestly, roleplay shouldn't include /roll at all, but players exchanging blows, regardless of skill or attributes. It should be kind of free, yknow what im saying? It just doesn't seem like people will lose or take hits on purpose, which is the main flaw of fighting roleplay.

Link

Level 1
a stats system would just be better than /roll, to be honest, the more you run the faster you get, meaning the more hits you can land. which you might be like why would how fast you run and how fast you punch be in the same stat, and I get it but I have seen other servers and it makes RP pretty smooth and fair. More you play, better your OC/character is. If you have equal stats you either could make them /roll for that or just take distance and angle into the mix. I also know this isn't other servers but I feel this could bee something cool to try

Users who are viewing this thread