mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The horror | Sewers update.

Mialyansa

Level 60
I like the amount of effort you put into this, but I disagree with this suggestion, as it seems to make the sewers something which they are not. They are not a paranormal hotspot, nor are they particularly horror-centric in my opinion -- rather they're just a place in Karakura that has been overrun by crime and grime. I understand your character is an urban explorer, which is a brilliant concept, but even urban exploration isn't something which is supposed to be "scary". To me, urban exploring as a concept is more melancholic than anything.

Maybe as a series of Halloween spooks - but not as a plugin. Besides, it would likely get very old very fast.
I really get your point. To be fair this suggestion kinda was very fear centric. Yet my intention is to for these events to be uncommon, which may seem odd given that each 60 seconds or more something paranormal happens. Well, the idea is that sewers are mostly empty, so the chances of you recieving a text message, or having a door closed behind you is ultra unlikely, this is why I have made it exageratedly common. Yet I will rethink it. There could also be some events that are too creepy for the atmosphere and that is something I will look on.

I will make it less common and also reconsider piping down the most horror parts. The idea is that the scary and creepyness stays secondary, making the tension atmosphere follow the criminals while they do their crimes.

I know that I answer a lot to the feedback, but I also want to make clear that the way I manage my suggestion is testing how community likes the idea, then refine the idea, and again check if the community likes it. Not that I like to fight in the comments, this is just how I try to improve the suggestion.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I think most of this, like the text prompts, would be better suit custom-written for an eventline. There's a couple things I've thought about before that are vaguely similar and it is probably viable.

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
the idea to add more ambience (with lighting, sound) in this suggestion itches my brain, i ADORE it. big +1 for that part

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
+1

adding some random events would make it WAY better
lights turning off and random scary sounds are good

but phone calls and mental fog are actually bad

Users who are viewing this thread