mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The horror | Sewers update.

Mialyansa

Level 60
What's your Minecraft Username?: Hymol_13
What's the title of your suggestion?: The Horror | Sewers update.

What's your suggestion?:
Disclaimer:
For admins: Remember that you have control over how do these changes apply, if you dont like certain thing you can always implement it in other ways.

For everyone: If you don't like some of the changes, read into the Inner working section because maybe your problem with said part of the suggestion is solved by certain especifications in that particular sections. It has happened more than once that users tell me that a suggestion does not take into account certain things that it actually did. Please read.

Minor changes

THE TIMERS: This is the system that manages the randomness of events in the sewers. (If developers dont like how the randomness is managed here, they can freele create a system that fits their view better. I am just showing how it could be done.)

• There is one timer that is constantly on a countdown.
• The timer has randomized countdown times, the countdown time goes from 1 minute to 3 minutes.
• When the timers hit 0, a random event of the ones listed here will take place. This is known as an activation event.
• Timers stop during events: fightclub, Ikigai openings, especial events. This is done in order to prevent weird things happening during those.

Added mental fog: The darkness effect will randomly be applied to players.
Inner workings
• Darkness effect will randomly affect players based on a timer. When the timer is over it will activate the effect.

Added cave noises: New eerie cave noises will be added. Cave noises will be more common.
New cave noises

Doors: Doors will casually close or open in the sewers.
Inner workings
• Upon an activation event, a group of doors will change their state to opened or to closed.
• Doors are listed in groups. Groups are affected all at once by the activation event. This is meant to make more common this event happening near players.
• The locked doors are exempt from this in order to mantain the privacy of turfs, Fightclub and Ikigai.
• Not all unlocked doors are subject to this change. Only doors that are commonly used will be affected in order to reduce lag.

Phones: Phones will casually recieve an anonymous call with random speech, and eerie text.
Inner workings
• Players will recieve it individually, one player per activation event, in other words, players wont recieve this call all at once.
• Signal won't corrupt the phones messages. It would not be scary if you can't read the text.

Examples
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP"
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Behind you :)"
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Free us. We have been so lonely. Please free us."
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "TWILIGHT has been removed :'( "
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Do you have: a familiy, loved ones, friends; who would miss you if you were gone."
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Hey please, is there anyone there?"
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Please don't kill me!"
• "You recieved a message from UNKNOWN [Open]" When opened: "Hey please, is there anyone there?"

Blackout: Certain zones of the sewers will shut their lights off.
Inner workings
• Upon an activation event the light blocks will turn off.
• Light blocks are grouped in certain areas in order to reduce lag.
• Light blocks that cant be turned off will be replaced with non-light emiting blocks.
• Upon the lights being turned off. A countdown of around one minute will start. After the timer hits zero, lights will be back on.
• Places like turfs, ikigai, fightclub are not affected.
• Not all lights of the sewers are subject to this effect. This is done to reduce lag of course.

Edit: Twilight removed. It will have it's own suggestion in the future because of the following reasons.

• Ghosts are overused. Many people feel like ghost are too common. I don't really like anything of my suggestions being conventional.
• It was an NPC. People dont like NPC (except Tom for some reason.)
• It needs to be revised. Given that I want to propose it as an event character. They need to have their own suggestion.
• It could endanger the suggestion success. I believe that this suggesstion success might be limited because of twilight being in it. I also feel like it is one of the most bland points of the update idea.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I believe that sewers intend to create a sense and feeling of uneasyness, that because of experience of players, doesnt manage to create. This could be a very nice way of creating an scary atmosphere and expressing in a more subtle way how wicked can the underground be. Making the underground more scary makes more realistic the aversion and fear characters have for the sewers.

Last edited:

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I don't even hate this idea and I am more looking forward towards seeing a change in the sewers. However, I am not sure if the developer team would prioritise this any time soon or if they would even take it in consideration. Neutral / +1

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I feel like a lot of these points make SchoolRP sound more like a game rather than a roleplay experience. Though it would be neat to see I don’t think the flow of roleplay should heavily rely on an excessive amount of plugins and NPCs. The experiences should be created by the players. General cave sounds in the sewers sound cool tho

Mialyansa

Level 60
I feel like a lot of these points make SchoolRP sound more like a game rather than a roleplay experience. Though it would be neat to see I don’t think the flow of roleplay should heavily rely on an excessive amount of plugins and NPCs. The experiences should be created by the players. General cave sounds in the sewers sound cool tho
It is just like a random figure in the dark. It is not that big deal. And the idea was that event team would later on play as twilight in future events. Tom booflend has more interactions with players than twilight would have, lets put that into perspective.
Characters are meant to feel fear in the sewers, however they just dont bring that feeling at all, not even to most characters, let alone player themselves.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 I think this has cool lore behind it and is well thought out, but not something I'd like to consider with regards to SchoolRP, the idea of an NPC takes away form roleplay and pushing more things like entities / spirits that are just an everyday thing (even with a random chance the amount of players that play the server and use the sewers regularly would make this happen several times a day). I like the idea but don't think it'd be fitting in its current state for SchoolRP.

However I like the idea of adding mysterious sounds to players who are in the sewers and the idea that different locations open / close randomly on a set basis, like an ever changing maze :D

Mialyansa

Level 60
-1 I think this has cool lore behind it and is well thought out, but not something I'd like to consider with regards to SchoolRP, the idea of an NPC takes away form roleplay and pushing more things like entities / spirits that are just an everyday thing (even with a random chance the amount of players that play the server and use the sewers regularly would make this happen several times a day). I like the idea but don't think it'd be fitting in its current state for SchoolRP.
Hm. Yeah, there is too many spirits now that you mention it. I still believe that Twilight could have their chances of appearing almost set to zero. I also want to remember that twilight would be a figure in the dark that offers not interaction at all to characters as it dissapears when they are on a distance of 20m.

All in I feel like maybe it is not the moment for more spirit lore, as you have said.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
I kind of agree with what Infi said. I feel as if this all would make SRP more like a game, and rather than the players making their own experiences it is kind of dependent on the plugins, and overall I don't really think it would fit in with how the server is currently.

However, I do find some parts of the suggestion feasible or very good like the cave noises and sounds, as well as the 'blackout' (which, seeing as the sewers are mostly dark, you should combine with the fog one; In the 'blackout' area's, the player receives blindness 1 until they left the area/room.) That could be cool.

I also love the lore you wrote for it. Overall very well thought out.
you should look at applying for the lore-team.

Mialyansa

Level 60
Hey people. Would you like if I took away the idea of Twilight being an npc and instead it became an event character for future events that would happen in like in 9 months or something. I feel like the ghost trope wont feel so overused then

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
Hey people. Would you like if I took away the idea of Twilight being an npc and instead it became an event character for future events that would happen in like in 9 months or something. I feel like the ghost wont feel so overused then
I don't think suggesting it for an event character would make a difference in terms of acceptability.

Mialyansa

Level 60
I don't think suggesting it for an event character would make a difference in terms of acceptability.
Damn. Well anyways I am gonna do it cus I dont really think an Npc is a good idea.

I just dont want to lose their lore. It has been quite hard for me to come up with it.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I am going to have to agree with Cam and Infi on this one. I do like the idea of the sounds, or even adding water dripping effects around the sewers to be more..... spooky

Mialyansa

Level 60
Edit: Twilight removed. It will have it's own suggestion in the future because of the following reasons.

• Ghosts are overused. Many people feel like ghost are too common. I don't really like anything of my suggestions being conventional.
• It was an NPC. People dont like NPC (except Tom for some reason.)
• It needs to be revised. Given that I want to propose it as an event character. They need to have their own suggestion.
• It could endanger the suggestion success. I believe that this suggesstion success might be limited because of twilight being in it. I also feel like it is one of the most bland points of the update idea.

Last edited:

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I like the amount of effort you put into this, but I disagree with this suggestion, as it seems to make the sewers something which they are not. They are not a paranormal hotspot, nor are they particularly horror-centric in my opinion -- rather they're just a place in Karakura that has been overrun by crime and grime. I understand your character is an urban explorer, which is a brilliant concept, but even urban exploration isn't something which is supposed to be "scary". To me, urban exploring as a concept is more melancholic than anything.

Maybe as a series of Halloween spooks - but not as a plugin. Besides, it would likely get very old very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread