players online

The issue with people /spawning during classes

Poseter

Level 12
Poseter
Poseter
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Poseter
What's the title of your suggestion?: The issue with people /spawning during classes

What's your suggestion?:
Due to the number of people using the command "/spawn" during school after they join a class, it's become a hassle for us teachers to keep track of those even after we've been told to report those who do it. While there are a number of students, it's very difficult to check each and everyone with just their username using "/class list" to see if they're still in the class. Even with this knowledge, teachers are not going to be focusing their time specifically on catching these people who do this command. Unless they do it directly in their FOV, there is no way to check if they're actually gone from the classroom. It's also a hassle to report these students who do this. Since it happens during classes, it's hard to report them. Even during breaks, it's hard to take all that time to report those who do it.

Teachers have complained a lot that it's starting to get ridiculous from the amount of times people spawn. It's said that if a student does teleport out of class, it's most likely they do it 9 out of the 10 times they join classes. Although, teachers do not care enough to report every single student that does do this, it still is not right. Students should not be able to teleport out of class because it takes up spots from the number of students who can join. Students join classes to either participate, disrupt, go AFK, or spawn out of the class. This gives enough information that only around 4/10 students are actually wanting to pay attention and this really shows with grading. Unless the class is very interactive and fun for the students, they simply will not want to participate and only add another class to their records.

Those who AFK in class still take up space, and there really is no way around this. Since it takes about half of the class for their AFK tag to pop up in the first place, there should be an indicator to the teacher that there is a chance they might be afk and are taking up space which could indulge a "/class kick". Taking up s space and just being inconsiderate to the teacher by cheating their record isn't nice at all, and simply isn't cool. Staff has encourages us to kick them from the class if students do this since most of the time that person who is doing these things does it all of the classes.

To prevent this from happening, there are a number of solutions that can possibly come to prevent this.

- For starters, using the "/class list" command, instead of their usernames, it'd be their RP names. Or, since the class list takes the knowledge of one accepting the "join class" button, they should be able to tell if another command is executed and should deny it, of course, specifically being that of /spawn.

- There could be a command to leave the class and/or should be a command to be removed from the class if teleported out. This should not affect field trips nor trips to other locations in the school.

- If you press the join class button, the /spawn command should be disabled.

- If a student is a set number of blocks away (40-50), the teacher will get a notification and could have the option to teleport them back to the class. (The option since some students ask to leave the classroom for the bathroom.)

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This could generally just save the hassle of people asking in LOOC to leave because they either clicked join by accident or just simply want to leave. This could also prevent people from disturbing the class in general and spawning.

Teachers try extremely hard to make their classes fun and students willingly click join class but still do not end up having fun in the first place. Using the solutions given, it could really help the teachers out in lots of ways since they already struggle enough to prevent people from taking up time. A lot of classes that teachers teach do have a lot of time taken away from them from punishing students for doing these things. It'll make teachers have a lot less stress and could also help students not disrupt as much as they have.

This could also help prevent cheating records since teleporting out of a class does a teacher no good when it comes to removing them later on. Although /class kick is available to teachers, professors, and tutors it doesn't exactly help when the they can not see the direct issue.

Students will also be able to join classes that have already been filled when a student takes up that space. Most of the time classes are not filled, but when they are, it's better to remove the unwanted students in there who are not even in the classroom.

Overall, it removes stress from teachers having to oversee the disruptive students in their classroom as much as before.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I see where you're going with this, and as a past teacher I've got some comments and suggestions to add onto this

One for sure is the inability to do /spawn whilst a class is going on in the selected room, for example when the command /class start is executed, the room of which the class is started it contains the same inability to use teleporting commands such as the inability when you're in the /spawn area or when going onto the train.

However if the above suggestion doesn't work for the reason of it being too difficult, the inability to do so, or wouldn't work as well as imagined, then I was wondering if it'd be possible to make it so during periods all students have the inability to use /spawn until the break (which of course isn't fair but the consequence of abusing /spawn). Or when using /spawn during a period time the system searches if the player is currently in a class, if they are then they'll either be unable to or the teacher will be alerted, and if they aren't the /spawn command will execute normally.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I'm pretty sure they were planning to impliment something to prevent the command!

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I personally REALLY think this needs to be implemented, as my friend was warned for allegedly /spawning to "raise class record" (it doesn't work) even though the simply disconnected because of horrible wifi.

image-14.png

its generally annoying if you get a phone call, and accidently join a class when answering it, but the fact its now warnable and written off as "raising class record" is stupid im my opinion. The implimention of this could be helpful, however I do have a couple comments to make:

- The teleportation should just be a command, that teleports all non-AFK class members to you.
- Additionally, /spawn is already disabled, you can only use it if you log out and log back in.
- The point of /class list makes no sense to me. What I would like to suggest is a command such as /classmember list that shows you a list of people in your classroom, with a red remove and kick button next to their name, which can be clicked if requested by a teacher.

-kam

Level 66
I personally REALLY think this needs to be implemented, as my friend was warned for allegedly /spawning to "raise class record" (it doesn't work) even though the simply disconnected because of horrible wifi.

View attachment 59040

its generally annoying if you get a phone call, and accidently join a class when answering it, but the fact its now warnable and written off as "raising class record" is stupid im my opinion. The implimention of this could be helpful, however I do have a couple comments to make:

- The teleportation should just be a command, that teleports all non-AFK class members to you.
- Additionally, /spawn is already disabled, you can only use it if you log out and log back in.
- The point of /class list makes no sense to me. What I would like to suggest is a command such as /classmember list that shows you a list of people in your classroom, with a red remove and kick button next to their name, which can be clicked if requested by a teacher.
+1

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll be discussing a solution to this during the next SLT meeting, however we won't be forcing players to stay in class if they simply don't want to; forcing people into roleplay will only make them harder for the teacher to deal with. The implementation may be something like requesting to leave via command, or suggesting they do so in roleplay, etc.​

Users who are viewing this thread