mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The Parrot Coccatiel Morph (I know the name is wrong)

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
IGN:
WhiteSnowy1737
DATE:
08/09/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
it would be nice if the server had kept the minecraft coccatiel skin, why remove these playful and friendly pets?
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Coccatiels are playful and very friendly animals, a great companion to sing songs and take care of, in minecraft they already have it, why take it away? Since it is a very popular pet in almost everyone

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
There are only a few slots that they could use for parrots in the resource pack, and they chose to use a larger range of birds that people would want to play. If vanilla minecraft ever supports more mob skin variants via resource packs, it'd be cool to see SRP add more birds, but until then it just isn't possible (without first removing a currently existing texture).

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
There are only a few slots that they could use for parrots in the resource pack, and they chose to use a larger range of birds that people would want to play. If vanilla minecraft ever supports more mob skin variants via resource packs, it'd be cool to see SRP add more birds, but until then it just isn't possible (without first removing a currently existing texture).
but in the SRP there is a raccoon over the fox texture, and the fox is present in the SRP also with the original texture, I think this would not be a problem, but it could be a work

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
but in the SRP there is a raccoon over the fox texture, and the fox is present in the SRP also with the original texture
The fox has two variants, fox and snow_fox, which is why they could implement both a fox and raccoon whitelist. It wouldn't be possible to add any more without the use of a client-side mod, which will likely never be officially used on SRP.

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
The fox has two variants, fox and snow_fox, which is why they could implement both a fox and raccoon whitelist. It wouldn't be possible to add any more without the use of a client-side mod, which will likely never be officially used on SRP.
Ah, i forgot snow fox

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
in the original game the variant is so rare, I didn't even remember it existed

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Nice idea but SRP implemented more realistic birds you'd find in the wild. However I do have a solution! If you want one as a pet, use the seagull type and add its seperate species in the description!

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
but a better argument, I couldn't do what do with cod in the game, because when I catch a fish, with F3+H you can see the item descriptions and minecraft:cod is the 3D fish, it doesn't matter if I catch it for example a puffer, or a salmon in the srp, it always comes with the tah minecraft:cod

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
There's different bird types and the seagull is the closest to a co ckatiel since they are both white. I play as the seagull type even though my species is a shima enaga (a small white bird). If you put how your bird is a co ckatiel in its description then you can be one!

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
but a better argument, I couldn't do what do with cod in the game, because when I catch a fish, with F3+H you can see the item descriptions and minecraft:cod is the 3D fish, it doesn't matter if I catch it for example a puffer, or a salmon in the srp, it always comes with the tah minecraft:cod
Items work differently from entities, and that is because Minecraft has certain NBT tags for both of them. In the case of the cod item, the different fish in-game all have different "CustomModelData" NBT tags, which allows the game to render different fish (such as pufferfish and salmon) while you are really holding the cod item; however, entities do not have such a tag, meaning that we are only able to re-skin the default variations that exist in vanilla minecraft, then give the disguise the appropriate "Variant" NBT tag. Note, we can not create custom variants or change the 3D model of any entity in the game, as that is also not supported either.

TLDR: Things work differently for held items and entities, so it's still impossible.

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
There's different bird types and the seagull is the closest to a co ckatiel since they are both white. I play as the seagull type even though my species is a shima enaga (a small white bird). If you put how your bird is a co ckatiel in its description then you can be one!
hmm i understand, like all white species?

WhiteSnowy1737

Level 28
WhiteSnowy1737
WhiteSnowy1737
Omega+
Items work differently from entities, and that is because Minecraft has certain NBT tags for both of them. In the case of the cod item, the different fish in-game all have different "CustomModelData" NBT tags, which allows the game to render different fish (such as pufferfish and salmon) while you are really holding the cod item; however, entities do not have such a tag, meaning that we are only able to re-skin the default variations that exist in vanilla minecraft, then give the disguise the appropriate "Variant" NBT tag. Note, we can not create custom variants or change the 3D model of any entity in the game, as that is also not supported either.

TLDR: Things work differently for held items and entities, so it's still impossible.
oh i understand

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This sadly isn't possible at this moment of time, however you can still roleplay as a parrot if you'd like to do so.​

Users who are viewing this thread