mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The point of working

Noot6

Level 12
So I recently wrote about some other topic things that never really made the final cut. Simply because I didn't feel like they were anything like the other drafts that did get posted.

I kept pushing myself to find inspiration to write something new or meaningful. I would do late nighters, drinking coffee till sunrise trying to find ideas or new formats to write. I made 8 drafts that will never see the light of day because they simply couldn't live up to a sleep deprived penguins idea of creative or entertaining.

It was to the point where I had been listening to music so long, my ears were ringing, I had bags under my eyes, I felt numb and my fingers felt like they were bleeding from hours of unending typing. It's like when you dedicate your life to your work and want to stand by it so you only want to release the perfect one's.

It's just not worth it. Forcing you work to be perfect in a way that you could never make it, it's like trying to become the best rapper when you're already the best football player. Your work is important yes but your health even more so. Working yourself to death isn't going to make things any better or get you closer to your goals. Working on schedule with a refreshed mind and body is the only way to make real progress that you can learn from.

Trying to strive for prefection won't get you anywhere. Being yourself and doing what you're good at and what you enjoy is what you should be doing. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you as long as you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with. Whether it's playing games or working a dead shift at work. Don't ever sacrifice parts of yourself in an attempt to become greater, because you're already prefectly imperfect the way you are and no one should change that. Every quirk and flaw is as big a part of us as any perks and perfections.

Love what you do, love who you are, have fun while you do it and keep doing it. Because you don't need to be one person trying to carry the weight of the world. Be yourself with the people around you trying to make your own little world a bit brighter for everyone in it.

Users who are viewing this thread