pyrosprites
Rich+
IGN:
PyroPrince
DATE:
26/08/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Polaroid Photo's
I was screenshotting when i thought "Why can't we print photo's with these cameras?"
Obviously we can't actually print the image to the game but the idea was quite interesting
so I thought how it could work for roleplay. How it would work would be if you had a polaroid
camera as shown below, every few (5-20)minutes we could print out these polaroid items with
SHIFT+RIGHTCLICK, this will give the user an item "Polaroid Photo", with this Photo you will be
given a prompt that will ask an array of questions to fill in. E.g. Date(Auto filled), Scene(Custom),
Signature(Auto filled),Time(Auto filled),Polaroid Item Rename(Custom with limited characters),
Links(References & other). Functionality you should use screenshots(F5) as well with using this idea.
This idea could be used in roleplay in different cases.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
For members of the (Photography Club), the (Police Department), and the general public,
this could introduce a new mini-concept to the roleplay. Though we could pretend with our
phones, it would be more fun if we could capture moments with a Polaroid Camera.
Photographers and important characters in-game could have also used the Polaroid photos.
These photos might even be able to be sold if they have any value.

Attachments

• Polaroid Camera.PNG
    Polaroid Camera.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 180

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
This sounds like a great idea. It would add a lot to roleplay and would be a fun feature for the item. However, it does seem to have a lot of steps and overall sounds like a pain to add. Definitely would be a fun addition though!

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
As the photography club leader & as a person who selling a polaroid(so funny bc its the one in the pics), Although MAYBE it will be hard, it sounds like a cool idea.
+1 From me

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
+1!
this would be so cool! i love polaroid cameras, so it'd be neat to see this implemented! it would also be interesting when using it in different roleplay scenarios, especially ones that are meant to be dark/unsettling.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
Even a simplified version of this would be cool, if it just gave you a piece of paper that you could /edit to have a custom description/name.

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1
Simplifying it much more like what a few others suggested would be nice. As a polaroid model would be neat.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1/-1

Sounds cool BUT there would have to be a public polaroid custom, having a custom plugin dedicated to an item that's only able to be sold in one shop is unfair for the rest of the shopkeepers who own shops in that theme.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
What's the point of having an in-game item if you're just going to use minecraft's built in screenshot feature anyway? From what I understand, you've suggested an item that sends players to a link of a picture with some lore attached; this is completely unnecessary, as you can already accomplish this by sending the photo (and any relevant information about it) directly through Discord DMs.

(It would be nice and convenient if we were allowed to send links from Discord, imgur, Google etc. in LOOC, but SRP isn't cool enough to allow that ;c)

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
What's the point of having an in-game item if you're just going to use minecraft's built in screenshot feature anyway? From what I understand, you've suggested an item that sends players to a link of a picture with some lore attached; this is completely unnecessary, as you can already accomplish this by sending the photo (and any relevant information about it) directly through Discord DMs.

(It would be nice and convenient if we were allowed to send links from Discord, imgur, Google etc. in LOOC, but SRP isn't cool enough to allow that ;c)
The same could be said about the new onrain app coming soon where SRP will be connecting the website to our in-game phones in a way. . An IC phone app for onrain is a complete and utterly useless feature, BUT it is cool to have. . A lot of things are unnecessary, yet they are made to encourage RP and make things more convenient. Nobody NEEDS the wardrobe feature, but it is sure as hell a cool addition.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Sounds cool BUT there would have to be a public polaroid custom, having a custom plugin dedicated to an item that's only able to be sold in one shop is unfair for the rest of the shopkeepers who own shops in that theme.
We're not getting so much from it anyway, we also have to pay restock for it so it is fair enough; This is why shopkeepers doing deals with eachother to make sure they will be able to sell some kind of items from other shops(E.G, like how Lovely gave to the old shopkeeper of Sayonara to sell the Hello Kitty plushie)

What if you wants to send it to 10 different people? It will be much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread