Denied The Return of The Astrology Lady | McNessa_ Professor Application

AmorNessa_

Level 4
OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft username?:

McNessa_

What is your time zone?:
CST

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats)
isntnessa

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
Height Application (Accepted)
Science Professor Application (Accepted)
French Application (Accepted)
Third Language Slot Application (Accepted)
Spanish Application (Accepted)
Russian Application (Accepted)
Spanish Application (Denied)
French Application (Denied)
Astrology Professor Application (Accepted)
Priest Application (Denied)

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
My recent activity has slipped drastically due to school starting up and myself being one of the co-owner's of the crotchet and knitting club at my school. As well as getting a new job, I've been very occupied. But, now that I have begun to get my schedule together, I'd like to say that my new activity most definitely will be up at a 8-9 as it was previously.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
I've been roleplaying for about 5 years now. It was standard discord role-plays or roleplaying games. It soon migrated its way towards Minecraft and I was used to paragraphing one action for a block character. I found SRP on January 30th and have been playing since then. I recently did take a break so I can give my mental health time to recover and improve, but I'm back now and ready. I fell in love with being a professor at the time I was, but I had a lot of things going on in real life, so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I did when I started. My motivation most definitely comes from my first experience doing it, I'm more motivated to be more attentive and active during my time as a professor, as well as my improvement towards detail role-play.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
Main Character: [Grade 12]
Secondary Character: [Adult]

What is the subject you want to teach?:
Astrology

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

Well I've been a professor previously before and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The times where I was a professor were very interactive and fun filled, as well as the other people who were apart of the faculty department making every moment something fun and special. I thought I'd do it again, seeing as I've drifted away from SchoolRP I wanted to have another reasoning to be apart it once again as frequently as I was previously. One of my key motivations is the ability to connect with others and teach them things that they wouldn't normally think of learning on their own personal time. I think astrology is a good subject to teach as well as there being people who just generally enjoy astrology as a whole.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

The first class I would host would be an introduction to the aspects of astrology and astrological terms. I would like to see what they remember and also what they know about astrology as a subject. I would specify the difference between the astrology solar system and a normal one. I would start to teach them about astrology terms and go over the first two basic lessons. I would move on to teaching them about the elements in astrology as well as discussing zodiac signs. We would also do a group activity based on their zodiac sign and element placement, teaching them about compatibility and how it can differ based on personality. Then in the following class, we would go over the planets. We would compare the zodiac's that have ruling over one planet to the zodiac that don't.

The second class would be based around compatibility and zodiac signs, but it'd also be a way for them to introduce themselves and possibly make new connections. I would pair them up with a sign of the same element, allowing them to get to know each other and seeing how well they connect with each other. Then I'd pair them up with an element that their element works best with. I'd make sure that they take notes on what they know from each person. For the final pairing, I'd pair them up when an opposing element. An element they often have a hard time working with. At the end, I'd ask each student how their experience was, and which element they prefer to work with.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
I would host a field trip going to the forest. This would be a way for the students to find the symbol that associates with their zodiac sign in nature. They would also try their best to connect it to themselves and how it makes them feel. We'd also observe the phases of the sun, and discuss sun-rising signs. They'd also be tasked with finding something that is the same color as their element and take notes on it. The students would be able to see their zodiac symbol easier in nature if it's an animal, while also being able to compare their sun-rising sign to it. If possible, I'd also have students search for their birthstone or something that is the same color of it.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?:

Ibuki would notice to commotion between the group of students and would calmly approach the group, she clearly stood over them due to her large height, but still spoke gently to each student. Giving each student a chance to have their voice heard and their opinions heard as well. "Well loves, let's defuse this situation alright? I think highly of all of you and I'd hate for my expectations of such exceptional students to be lowered. Instead of arguing and bullying one another, how about I give you each stickers and then everyone shall be on their way!" There was a gently and maternal way that Ibuki spoke to each student, making sure that they all maintained eye contact with her as she squared down a bit, pressing a sticker to each of the students foreheads. "Now then. If there is another issue between you all, I will issue each of you a detention and I'd truly hate to do that. So, let's be nice to each other so that we can go home on time." Ibuki would then pat each student on their hug and leave the situation. If she then approached the same situation in a different area or in a later time her voice would be stern and commanding as she cleared her throat. "Well then, it seems as though stickers couldn't solve this issue between you all. To my own personal despair, I will be handing you all detention slips, I will see all of you after school." Ibuki would then pass out a detention slip to each student. "As for stickers, I will be withholding your sticker access until further notice." Ibuki would then make sure to make her coworkers aware of the situation as she left it.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?:
Ibuki would walk over to the desk, her heels clacking against the floor as she stood on the side of the students desk, squatting down so she could be at eye level with them. She'd speak in a hushed yet stern tone, not wanting to embarrass the student. "Ahem. I truly hate to have to come over and speak to you personally, but in case you aren't aware, you in detention. I'd suggest finishing the task that you were assigned so that you can go home, otherwise I'll have to assign you more tasks to do. I personally do not want to do that, so, let's follow directions alright? I've answered all of your questions, now, I'd appreciate if you'd finish your task. Thank you so much." Ibuki would then give the student a supportive and understanding smile as she stood up straight, going back to the front of the detention room. If the student continued to disturb detention she'd then walk over to them with another notebook, with a stern look on her face as she gently placed it on their desk. Ibuki would silently nod her head at them as she walked back towards the front of the room.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?:
Ibuki would calmly pause her lesson as she clapped her hands, attempting to grab the attention of the cheerleaders. Once she had their attention she would give them a warm smile before speaking, "if I remember correctly, it was your own personal choice to join this class. Now, I'm aware I am not a strict professor, however, that is no excuse to disrupt the class by playing loud music, yelling across my classroom, and just being an overall disturbance. I'd truly appreciate if you could put away your phones and talk quietly amongst yourselves. If you wish to speak to someone, you can gladly move over to them, but I'd greatly appreciate if you'd pay attention to the lesson. Thank you so much." She'd then gratefully hand each of the cheerleaders a sticker before returning back to her lesson. If they continued on despite her warning she'd repeat her previous actions with a more stern tone to her voice. "I was nice the first time, however, I think I may need to be a bit more strict. I will need you all to bring your phones up here, as well as sitting at the front of the class. If this continues I will not only give you all detention, I will also be kicking you out of the classroom. I'd really like to keep you all in class and make sure you get to go home on time, so let's act right!" Despite her stern tone, she'd still smile at her students and once the cheerleaders did as they were instructed she would then continue the lesson.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?:
After failing to break it up, she would immediately pull out her radio. "Truly we don't get enough credit for what we do... This is so stressful." While waiting on them she would issue out detention to the students' involved and then, try to get one of the student's involved to go with her so she can calm them down. "Despite you having detention, I am going to attempt to help you calm down.. Then we can talk about this like calm individuals alright?" Once the extra help arrived she would inform her co-workers of the current situation. "Yes. Both of the students were fighting each other. I have issued all parties involved detention, but, just to be precautious. Let's keep an eye on all of them." If they were seen together in another altercation, she would contact SLT and inform them of the current situation.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Ibuki Designs.png
Ibuki K. Zawadi is a material Hatian-Korean and Latina woman who stands at a giant 7'5 with a soft sort of figure to her body. Her most noticeable feature is her striking blonde afro that seemingly covers her eyes. She has cigar burns covering the entirety of her skin, some of them seem to be faded while others are scabbed over. Ibuki is always seen wearing a mixture of different clothing. On special occasions, she can be seen wearing her family's kimono. Ibuki noticeably wears gloves that are soft and silky. Her fashion sense seems to be a mixture of cottage core and her traditional business attire.

Ibuki is not your average professor, rather, she can be seen as a sort of parental figure and mentor towards her students. She has a very hard time being a disciplinary figure towards her students because she believes they already know better, however, she still tries and of course, does her best. She enjoyed her students company and can often be seen hanging around them and spending time with them before and after class.

Despite her being overly maternal, there are moments where Ibuki's personality can shift in an instant. She can quickly turn from the kind and maternal woman to the stern and blunt woman in an instant. Usually, this personality shift is only triggered when something serious is happening, or if she has been made aware of a situation with one of her students.

Ibuki is a sort of aloof woman in a way, sometimes her reaction time can be slow, and she can tend to talk a lot if she's talking about a subject she really REALLY enjoys. She has a hard time being there emotionally for the people she loves, and has been trying to make up for her past actions and her emotional unavailability towards those she loves and trusts. Ibuki enjoys showing off the stars, the constellations, and talking about zodiac signs to those she loves, it can often be found the immersive amount of astrology books and posters that she has in her study.

Her future? Ibuki plans to live out the rest of her life in Karakura, Japan surrounded by her family, friends, and animals. She of course will teach Astrology until she can't anymore, refusing to retire because she enjoys her job too much.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Childhood.

(A Majority of This Has Been Copy and Pasted from the OFFICIAL Ibuki Backstory! This Information Cannot be Metagamed)
Kali, was born November 12th, 1988 in Suwon, Korea. Kali, her mother, died November 12th, 1988 as well. Kali was unaware that she caused her mother's death, she was unaware that her birth would take away her mother's life. Yet everyday, her father, Lloyd Ketzu's absence, always made her feel like its as her fault. Kali wasn't raised by her father. He was never there emotionally or physically, but he was always there financially. He'd never directly hand her or her brothers the money, he always had a butler or a maid bring it to them.

Despite her father's absence, Kali would grow up to be a well mannered, yet spoiled child. Her brothers, Chinoike and Kurai, always gave her what she wanted. They made sure they didn't miss any of her milestones and when the time came, Chinoike, the oldest and first born, took Kurai, the second born, and Kali, the youngest and the baby of the siblings, to Chicago, Illinois.

Teenage Years
Kali had attended a private high school in Chicago, however, that didn't stop her from doing something she actually enjoyed, watching the stars. Despite the constant criminal activity around her, she managed to stay away from it until her senior year when she immediately knew what she wanted to do. Kali had spent her high school life dedicating her time to the cheerleading team that she thought she'd just do something in the field of fashion, and she did in her later years, but, the idea of education struck her hard. When senior year rolled around, she immediately was as teacher's assistant to any teacher that needed it. She heavily volunteered to be a monitor on field trips, and would even put together lesson plans, tests, and watch over exams for freshmen and sophomores.

The Astrology Woman
Ibuki, had graduated at the top of classes in college. She'd worked at a couple high schools teaching Creative Writing, Advanced English and, World History. She'd also taught a couple elementary schools, but those weren't subjects she enjoyed teaching in the slightest. She was unhappy, and decided she'd leave the place she'd lived at for so long. Ibuki had lived under the radar after some situations and run ins, as well as a lot of criminal activity drawing attention to her name, she changed it, and hid. So, without hesitation, she took the first flight to Karakura, Japan.

Ibuki was drawn into their community college, she had heard such great things about it, and one of her own college friends, from when she had attended in Karakura for a spell, was working as a caretaker, so, that was motivation enough for her to join.

Ibuki's time as a professor at Karakura Community College was always something different.

Ibuki stood in front of her class, which usually was so chaotic due to the lack of a seating chart, one of her usual students, was in the corner per usual, it was something her class new was a norm. Other students had joined her in the front of the class. "Alright. Now, we're going to have a lecture today so pay attention, because this will be on the pop quiz on Friday! And I will be putting the ones who don't pay attention in the corner. I'm sure there's enough room." Ibuki grinned as the classroom would seem to quiet down so she can begin the lecture. This is how she had sort of envisioned her life in a way. Surrounded in a classroom of young adults teaching them something they could store in their head for later use. Making sure that she connected with the students on an emotional level as well as a serious one.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Ibuki Koharu Zawadi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mrs. Zawadi or Miss Koharu

Given Name(s):
Koharu

Preferred Name:
N/A

Gender & pronouns:
Female
Any Pronouns are Fine

Religious Denomination:
Shintoism

Marital Status:
Married

Nationality:
French

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

6 years

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:

12 years

Year of Graduation:
(High-School)
05-27-2008

(College)
01-13-2014

Major(s):
Liberal Arts

Minors:
Education, Biology, Astrology

Native Languages:
Spanish

Other Languages:
Russian, French

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Astrology

Extra:
N/A

Additional notes about your application (if any):

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
PENDING
I have decided to place this application on pending, if you'd like it to be removed or have any questions please DM me on discord (@muffincats).

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I have decided to deny this application. Other application stood out more. If you'd like further details feel free to DM me on discord (@muffincats).​

Users who are viewing this thread