dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
IGN:
jeemay
DATE:
30/1/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion this time is regarding the server's resource pack. As of right now, SRP allows its community the option to purchase their own custom model on the server or even a custom vehicle of their choice for a price of course. This is all fine but I have one small concern. As of right now, the resource pack is growing almost every day with new custom items getting added and now custom vehicles popping up and the pack is becoming harder and harder to load. The change I'm asking to be added is that before purchasing a custom model, the person buying it should have a good reason to own this item/vehicle. Some sort of Lore/Backstory to how their character got their hands on this item/vehicle and moreover, how it will benefit them in RP.

Nowadays, I rarely see models for basic things like kitchen knives, spoons, forks, etc. I'm of course not talking about utensils only but generally, things you'd expect to see a model for but we're always met with "Just RP it out.". On the other hand, the number of models that only exist to make a joke or to look silly in-game is just absurd. There are more toys than accessories and usually the people purchasing request things that are awfully hard for modellers to pull off. I'm not saying anything here, the RPH modellers always blow me away with their models and I'm sure are all professional at their job but sometimes people go overboard with the detail in their models which just makes the model way too hard to load for some of our PCs. I feel like at some point some of us won't be able to play SRP due to how hard it is to run the game on the server smoothly.

Anyways, that's about it for this suggestion. I hope this is taken into consideration and I'd love to start seeing more essential models being made like things that have actual usage for RP not just making a joke for a couple of minutes. Thank you for reading, have a nice day/night.

Totalore

Level 138
It'd work a lot better if half of the modelers weren't using cubik and making 300kb models (even if it's just, say, a spoon).

"Close off the custom item donation option," something I tell Mike way too often, and it really does need to be closed!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
The point here is that custom models are one of the main sources of income for SchoolRP. It is a way for people to have an option to keep donating to get brand new things, instead of just donating for the sake of it, without receiving anything in exchange. It is true that the resourcepack's file size has been growing larger, and many of the modelers are constantly working in reducing these models' size as much as possible.

What I would like to see, though, is a purge from custom items that are no longer used due to the fact that the owner of these items have quitted/been banned from SRP. This would allow the resourcepack to have more space for brand new custom items. I'm unsure of how long this purge would take, since staff would need to check each model's owner, but it would indeed be beneficial for the server

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
The point here is that custom models are one of the main sources of income for SchoolRP. It is a way for people to have an option to keep donating to get brand new things, instead of just donating for the sake of it, without receiving anything in exchange. It is true that the resourcepack's file size has been growing larger, and many of the modelers are constantly working in reducing these models' size as much as possible.

What I would like to see, though, is a purge from custom items that are no longer used due to the fact that the owner of these items have quitted/been banned from SRP. This would allow the resourcepack to have more space for brand new custom items. I'm unsure of how long this purge would take, since staff would need to check each model's owner, but it would indeed be beneficial for the server

Yeah, I fully agree with this but I legit see people getting models of things like a rock or something with a silly face on it just to laugh at it for a second or two then never use it again. I hope to see some sort of process of asking the one ordering why they'd want to have this model and how they'd use this model in RP purposes. Similar to how you need to mention a backstory, and a reason to being 7'5" height. I hope I can see the same with models. Example of this: If someone orders a custom cane; they can say that the cane was something they owned from a younger age then lost it and then had it redone into a more advanced version of the original cane with diamonds and emeralds or something like that. For a car, someone could say that they purchased the car from another country and had it flown to them from there to Karakura. The possibilities are endless. But things that take up space in the pack for an unnecessary reason should just be denied. Obviously, this all would happen before the payment process.

Totalore

Level 138
Yeah, I fully agree with this but I legit see people getting models of things like a rock or something with a silly face on it just to laugh at it for a second or two then never use it again. I hope to see some sort of process of asking the one ordering why they'd want to have this model and how they'd use this model in RP purposes. Similar to how you need to mention a backstory, and a reason to being 7'5" height. I hope I can see the same with models. Example of this: If someone orders a custom cane; they can say that the cane was something they owned from a younger age then lost it and then had it redone into a more advanced version of the original cane with diamonds and emeralds or something like that. For a car, someone could say that they purchased the car from another country and had it flown to them from there to Karakura. The possibilities are endless. But things that take up space in the pack for an unnecessary reason should just be denied. Obviously, this all would happen before the payment process.

do you know how many people would care for the application? about 2, but yk. if someone buys the custom item before the application process and have nothing else in mind, what would they do when their item is rejected? either call out for scamming or charge back on the server, which affects the reputation of the modelers (who would likely have to vote on what model is accepted or not), the modeler team lead, and the owners who actually instilled this new process

tl;dr
people will ignore the application and just buy the custom item and charge back when its denied

Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
It is only a matter of time until the SRP resource pack is 1 GB large, and seems like no one's sitting around trying to fix it either. Either you raise the price of the custom model so that fewer people will be inclined to buy it, and since I know SRP loves money. Or you close the requests. I'd prefer the latter.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
An idea I proposed to Mike a while ago that another member made a feedback about..

Since SRP has to make money somehow (but I'm pretty sure donation ranks cover base costs for it) and customs are a large part of that, and we can't just cut customs entirely because of that. Either raise prices, do the application for the item, or limit customs to two per person to avoid those people with 100 different customs who don't own a shop or anything.

Im6

Level 184
PENDING

Thanks for your feedback. This thread will be replied to with a finalized response later today once staff have had a chance to discuss it.

Below I've also included some information in relation to the pack size, model prices & more. For those of you who aren't as informed already:

1) Item Prices have already been raised in the past from the previous $20 to $35. A further increase is possible however only if absolutely required as it once was.

2) MikeShotZ alongside nearly 10 of the other modellers have worked to reduce the pack size & have redone a huge amount of models already, reducing the pack size from the previous size of 30MB down to 19MB which since then over the last few months it's grown back up to 20-21MB

Overall however - No, people are not just sitting around watching it grow helplessly, it's something that is being actively worked on and a issue on the server that's been acknowledged. The application system that's been stated is also not likely to be implemented.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread