players online

THE THING ABOUT WEAPON MODELS YOU CAN'T SEE

uta

Level 103
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: wavestalker
What's the title of your suggestion?: THE THING ABOUT WEAPON MODELS YOU CAN'T SEE

What's your suggestion?:
Okay, okay, hear me out, this suggestion sounds a bit wonky but y'all have to bear with me. What I mean by this is, whenever you have an outdated pack and someone wants to show you their cool new weapon they have, it always shows up as something that it isn't - likely someone else's custom completely different from what you were supposed to show.

Why's this annoying? Say you're holding out a bo staff, but to others it looks like a knife, or to some others it looks like something entirely different. This would especially be annoying for KPD officers with outdated packs who can't tell what someone is holding, the bo staff in this case would look like a knife to them, and during roleplays sometimes was I told I was holding a knife when I was holding a bo staff and this has happened multiple times actually.

What I'm asking here is this: for users of older resource packs to see the vanilla version of the weapon (the one you can buy from BMD) they're holding despite if the current resource pack shows it as a custom item. Not only is it easier for everyone to differentiate what they're holding, I'm unsure if this could be added via the plugin used to show the models or not, so a dev would have to correct me on that bit.

extremely detailed canva diagram to show what the hell i'm waffling about listed below

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Anyways, like I said, this would pretty much help KPD / others differentiate what's what when it comes to custom weapons and such so they don't mistake it as something else, have a good day, buh. bye. Hope this is actually possible lol

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
This is not how custom model data works, all SRPItems (weapons, accessories, etc.) with the exception of vehicles are placed on iron horse armour, updating the pack adds additional predicates which overwrites the item's model (change from the default horse armour texture) to a .json file which gets the texture from another location in the pack. The reason it defaults to a different item (e.g. a knife instead of a bat) is because the last item to be added to that players' outdated resourcepack by the Modelling Coordinator was a knife!

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
what cam said ^ unfortunately there's no real fix to this, people just gotta update their pack more often. looks at the people who only update their once every 2 months

uta

Level 103
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
OOOOOO okay!! i didnt actually know this (unfortunately) so ty for the explanation :3

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We already put weapons onto a separate item, however as stated above we can't do anything for existing pack users due to the way model data works.​

Users who are viewing this thread