The Vending Machine Adjustment

elelmon

Level 24
elelmon_S
elelmon_S
Rich+
IGN: elelmon_S
DATE: 30/10/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: There are two things I would like to suggest regarding to the Items that has been sold in the vending machines. Firstly, I think SRP should reduce the price of the food thats been sold in the vending machines. Secondly, drinks from the vending machine could potentially grant players temporary BUFFS after they are consumed.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: SchoolRP is already a hard enough game for the greenies and the new players, not having enough money to buy enough food to cover their hunger bar is also a pain in the butt, it discourage them to keep playing SRP in general and kills a lots of potential New Players to join the server. Reducing the food price in the vending machine can make life much easier for the greenies and those players who do not have a rank increase their chance of staying and play on SRP.
Drinks that have been sold the Vending Machines are a bit useless/bland in my opinion, give them the ability to increase speed, jumping and healing states ect. could be an interesting idea.

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
New players are given 10,000 yen at the start of their game, with an additional 500 yen every 30 minutes. It gives them plenty of money to afford food from the vending machines. I experimented playing a "greenie" and running around asking for food, in about 48 hours my inventory was completely full of food. Like, there was no space in my inventory LOL

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

As Infi said, new players get 10,000 upon joining. If I ever see a new player not return, it's actually usually because they were unable to make friends due to how harsh the community is.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Drink buffs sound like a bad idea; refer to what Caxan said
SchoolRP also really isn't "difficult" for greenies persay, they get the 10,000 starting balance as stated above and the current food prices are not any part of the reason why they don't stick around

elelmon

Level 24
elelmon_S
elelmon_S
Rich+
10000 is like barely anything, either is 500 yen per hour,you'd be surprised to see how fast ur hunger drops(when u are exploring as a new player). There are so many others things they have to spent their money on such as a phone(kinda important ong). Also begging for food is not a great RP experience if u ask me.

elelmon

Level 24
elelmon_S
elelmon_S
Rich+
A player with a full health bar won't even last for a game of baseball

Oliverium

Level 54
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Neutral
I really don't have much to mention for food, the current price seems to be reasonable, plus you have access to free school lunches when chefs are there.
As for the buffs, I think it's a good idea. Alcohol gives players a lot of effects, and drinking energy drinks could give a slight speed/jump buff (not a ton, just enough to notice). For other drinks like juice and water, effects aren't necessary. Although effect changes may bump up the price or give sports players an unfair advantage...

si10k

Level 37

If you're a greenie just go around asking for food instead of yen. People will gladly help you get the food that you need for it. The buffs would not be good. There is no point in a speed bonus from consuming the drinks... Just get acrobatics up and don't cheat the system.

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Drink buffs wouldn't be good, as I can see them being used and abused in many different situations. If they increased your speed or jumping, then it would be used in many gangrp situations and make it much harder for KPD to be caught, or any manhunt. Not to mention the price they are sold at will have to increase by a lot if they were implemented. There is a lot to adding effect to drinks and it would make things much more chaotic.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Instead of directly giving you special effects, I think it'd be better for drinks to boost your attribute gains. A QoL update for attributes is scheduled to happen at some point, and I think giving certain drinks the ability to boost your attributes would be helpful for those who haven't maxed everything out yet.

To provide an example, say drinking Beast will give you a 10% buff to your speed for 10 minutes. It's not too terribly realistic, but neither is slamming your head against a short ceiling 1,000,000 times for like 2 full OOC days or running around with a melon launcher (which totally isn't cosmetic abuse) until you're running twice as fast as a normal minecraft player.

Clearly, if we were to implement something like this, we'd need to take measures in order to make the drinks fair and balanced. Perhaps, performance boosting drinks could be set on a cooldown timer? Maybe they could only be available in certain vending machines / shops? Maybe after the buff expires, you'll suffer from a debuff which makes you slow or "tired?" Perhaps, there could even be a form of steroid sold on the black market, which would give you better gains at a higher price and risk.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Instead of directly giving you special effects, I think it'd be better for drinks to boost your attribute gains. A QoL update for attributes is scheduled to happen at some point, and I think giving certain drinks the ability to boost your attributes would be helpful for those who haven't maxed everything out yet.

To provide an example, say drinking Beast will give you a 10% buff to your speed for 10 minutes. It's not too terribly realistic, but neither is slamming your head against a short ceiling 1,000,000 times for like 2 full OOC days or running around with a melon launcher (which totally isn't cosmetic abuse) until you're running twice as fast as a normal minecraft player.

Clearly, if we were to implement something like this, we'd need to take measures in order to make the drinks fair and balanced. Perhaps, performance boosting drinks could be set on a cooldown timer? Maybe they could only be available in certain vending machines / shops? Maybe after the buff expires, you'll suffer from a debuff which makes you slow or "tired?" Perhaps, there could even be a form of steroid sold on the black market, which would give you better gains at a higher price and risk.
no thanks this is basically just cosmetic abuse but it's ic money not ooc money

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
no thanks this is basically just cosmetic abuse but it's ic money not ooc money
By your strand of logic, we should remove naginatas since they're more expensive than pocket knives and give an inherent advantage in combat. I genuinely don't understand how the addition of a small buff to attribute gains obtained purely through IC means is comparable to cosmetic abuse.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
By your strand of logic, we should remove naginatas since they're more expensive than pocket knives and give an inherent advantage in combat. I genuinely don't understand how the addition of a small buff to attribute gains obtained purely through IC means is comparable to cosmetic abuse.
they're literally already adding. a gym to do what you suggested lool

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
Give **Endurance** the possibility to gain extra saturation when eating food, meaning you won't have to eat all of the time
This should massively help with the first point

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
We're already working on a system to give new players free food on their first join amongst other things.

Food prices in the vending machines are more than fair with the current rate of inflation and average balance of new and older players. Adding potion buffs to Drinks is not something we'd be looking to implement, however we will give drink items saturation/hunger

Users who are viewing this thread