CanadianChild

Level 20
Canucktism
Canucktism
Notable
My current characters are:
Eun-He Jong
Maziko Nakamoto

I find that they're all from South Korea, which is an improvement because my old characters always were from Canada, and they have some disability of some kind. I don't think that's bad or controversial but it feels like all my characters are disabled.

Classicalist

Level 87
I know its hard making characters different, Sometimes when roleplaying i end up slipping into playing myself. For tips id suggest picking a country you want to base them from, Does not matter if they are all from the same country and play something that you are not usually. For example if you are a really nice person then try playing someone who's not that nice. Try experiment with new things and if they do not work try something else, You will eventually find a personality that you like for that character. That's what i do atleast.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Take inspiration from shows, movies cartoons etc with your favourite characters and pick an element from each and make your own while mixing them up and adding your own style and ideas

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
I often found something as easy as creating a description for you character created depth. You can also divide your character up into a criterion; based off of the criteria you made for you character it may help you decide how you roleplay.

SigmaHater

Level 4
SigmaHater
SigmaHater
Notable
Character making is hard and takes alot out of you really. Trust me, the amount of times I've said "I'm just gonna kill Hunter off, he's so boring." But the truth behind it is that, I never really achieved Character Development and it's crucial for your character. Like for example, Hunter's best friend was killed and he watched it happened.. Sure, it's some messed up character development but it made the character fun to play and figure out how he deals with situations yk. I don't know if this 100% correlates but what I'm trying to say that, you can have the most blandest character but if they have a situation of Character Development, it can make the character quite engaging.

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Something important is to also go a little bit out of your comfortzone! Sometimes a good question to ask is:
"What's the opposite of what I would do?"

Pick out little details you know you want. Introverted, extroverted, which alignment they are etc. and do a little research! Research goes a long way and often can end with you finding the little things that make a character enjoyable :D

And. Include. Flaws! No one is perfect!

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
my 3 biggest tips:

- dont make them skinny, strong and really tall and like their a super model - add some generally "unattractive" features, for example my character Sophia has acne! and my character Sally is chubby.

- focus on how their lore affects their personality. Life experiences often change someone's personality and how they react, so try to build that into the personality.

- GIVE. THEM. FLAWS. I cannot stress this enough. No one is perfect and everyone has flaws, this include your characters.

Users who are viewing this thread