mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Heyo!

I'm working on some skins for a few of my characters, and was wondering about the SchoolRP skin style.
If any of you have any tips, guidelines, or help, I would really appreciate it!

<3
~Squidjees

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
In general, you just have to observe what other people do and try to apply what you learn to your own skins; I recommend looking in various tailoring discords at the "finished orders" channel (if they have one), as those are typically made by more veteran tailors (since they are commissioned and paid for).

For some more concrete advice, just apply square and/or plaid / plaid adjacent patterns to basically everything, and you'll be able to replicate the style. Most people use a lower contrast and saturation in their palettes, too. Just experiment, see what works, what you like, etc etc.

GEBynum

Level 54
GEBynum
GEBynum
Rich
EYES. Basically, a lot of school roleplay skins have very dark shadows below the eyelashes. It really can help make it look more in place.

couchism

Level 49
couchism
couchism
Omega+
I say you just find a user skin you already like . go on namemc . click that skin you like . and click download then go to minecraft then skin edit and click the skin u downloaded then boom . NEW SKIN !!! . that's my method - advice from a pro skinner
Wouldn't that be stealing?

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
Base it on any FTU things, learn the shading style by observing where they shade things, this can be your favorite tailors, etc. I'm sure that some, not all are willing to let them use their skins as refrence and learning how to overall make their style, ofc not copying it 100%. Some tailor discords have palletes too!!

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Base it on any FTU things, learn the shading style by observing where they shade things, this can be your favorite tailors, etc. I'm sure that some, not all are willing to let them use their skins as refrence and learning how to overall make their style, ofc not copying it 100%. Some tailor discords have palletes too!!
I don't have discord, but I appreciate it!

_tiger_Lili

Level 1
I usually just study other minecraft skins and hope to get some inspiration from the shading style on the: eyes, clothes, hair, and skin.
I wouldn't call that stealing exactly.
So maybe try that? Unless you already do that

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
I usually just study other minecraft skins and hope to get some inspiration from the shading style on the: eyes, clothes, hair, and skin.
I wouldn't call that stealing exactly.
So maybe try that? Unless you already do that
I'm trying, it's hard to find good skins to use as references without discord.

cho0ii

Level 174
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I say you just find a user skin you already like . go on namemc . click that skin you like . and click download then go to minecraft then skin edit and click the skin u downloaded then boom . NEW SKIN !!! . that's my method - advice from a pro skinner
this is skin stealing..

_tiger_Lili

Level 1
I'm trying, it's hard to find good skins to use as references without discord
True. I don't have discord either. Sometimes for me thoughts and ideas come and go randomly.
Somehow it all works out later on. But other then that I don't know of any other advice or tips I can give.
But I do wish you luck and hope you can find some great ideas soon!

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
True. I don't have discord either. Sometimes for me thoughts and ideas come and go randomly.
Somehow it all works out later on. But other then that I don't know of any other advice or tips I can give.
But I do wish you luck and hope you can find some great ideas soon!
Thanks so much! I wish you the best of luck with your creative endeavors.

Users who are viewing this thread