Yes, and I can use it at any time.

How old are you? (Optional):

N/A

What is your time zone?:

EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you will be demoted?:

Yes, I acknowledge that.

Describe your activity on the server:

My server activity is usually from 5 pm to 12 pm EST; however, my schedule can fluctuate between times, but I am generally on when other teachers are not running classes. I would hope that my plan could give an experience for people who play in different time zones.

Do you have any previous bans?:

Nope!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Swedish Language Application / Accepted.

Theatre Club Application / Denied.

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

Itsuki A. Kalamiska / 18, Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Biology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

My motivation for becoming a teacher on SchoolRP is my love for biology and roleplay. In my experience, I've loved learning and sharing my knowledge of biology with friends and family. I would love to expand on the potential classes I could run. I also feel that I could create a safe environment in my classroom and make learning enjoyable. There aren't many biology teachers that I see holding classes regularly, and being a teacher has always been my dream. In pre-high, my favorite class was biology, which inspired me to continue my love for it through high school and care for other academic studies. I would love to be able to experience the roleplay perspective of a teacher and share valuable information!

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I do understand this. I am prepared to undergo any teacher training I need.

What are the teacher class logs, and why are they important?:

Class logs are used to collect data on if and when teachers ran a class, how long the teacher ran the course, and the number of students that had attended said lecture. I'm assuming this is meant to ensure you correctly do your job.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when in a class?:

My strict personal rules as a teacher would be as follows;
  • Respect and listen to your classmates/teacher​
  • Raise your hand to speak​
  • Be quiet while your teacher or fellow students are talking.​
  • Respect others' property, and use equipment properly.​
  • Food and drink are allowed as long as it is not disruptive.​
  • Phones are allowed if they're turned off or on silent.​
  • And, of course, be proud of your work.​

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been roleplaying since 2017 throughout several different Minecraft servers and communities with people around the world. As far as SchoolRP goes, I have a very generalized experience in roleplay, basic actions, and detail. I do use DetailRP occasionally, but my roleplay is semi-literate most of the time.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department

↳ Description: The Head of the Department is usually the head of all subjects. It is a very well-trained and highly qualified individual who has the patience and understanding of and for their role.

- QT

↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: A qualified teacher is usually a teacher who has been doing well with their subject and is well organized. They're expected to have learned well during their training and use it regularly during class periods.

- NQT

↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: A Newly Qualified Teacher is a teacher who has recently undergone and completed their training.

- UT

↳ Meaning: Untrained Teacher

↳ Description: An untrained teacher is a teacher that has been recently accepted into the faculty and will be soon going through training.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are present to aid their students in being excellent role models & expanding their knowledge, whether ICly or OOCly. They help create a safe and efficient environment to help their students learn to the best of their ability.

A teacher's salary usually consists of ¥350,000 for the required class amount, and if chosen, they can earn an extra ¥50,000 if they do five full additional classes.
Teachers should spend a teacher's free time however they'd like; socializing, eating lunch, taking a break, and more. However, there should be a set amount of time to make lesson plans, grade, and set up your schedule for the following days or weeks.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers on a SchoolRP server are the server's foundation; if there were no teachers, there'd be no SchoolRP. As well as teachers being the school's base, having classes and lessons planned is a crucial part of the roleplay itself.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

Must have, should have, could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Toshio weighs about 174 lbs. His tan skin sported light hair, and a sleeve of tattoos covered one of his arms. You'd make out many birds and roses running down the sleeve if you were to look closely. His dark chocolate hair would be seen parted off-center ever so slightly, and his face wore glasses due to his shortsightedness. Accompanying his silver-ish grey jeans would be a pair of black branded sneakers.

He usually stays calm and collected despite his slightly intimidating appearance. He tries to remain composed in stressful situations and keep his students out of harm's way. He works very hard on every project he does and believes all students should be given a chance no matter the circumstances. Forgiveness plays a big part in his teaching and everyday situations. He can be a very blunt person, but he is very proud to be able to make accommodations for anyone who needs them. He would like to be respected by everyone, the same way he would show respect to every other student and faculty member. Although blunt, he is very patient and hears everyone out about a situation before making any decisions.
Toshio likes to think that his students need someone to guide them and keep them on the correct path. He understands that some people can be confused or upset, and he would like to help them in any and every way possible to make sure they feel comfortable and safe in the school environment.

He often keeps himself collected and calm, usually keeping to himself in the faculty lounge, but he looks up to the other teachers. Toshio will always understand his fellow teachers' points of view and all the junctures of being a faculty member. Being only a few years out of college, he demonstrates that he respects the other faculty members as if they were his mentors.

Toshi doesn't have any plans for the future. He does know he wants to get married and have children of his own, but he will save that for another point in his life. He likes to go with the flow and see where life takes him rather than planning out every aspect.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

The first thing would be to warn them, letting them off with a warning and hoping that this would resolve the issue. If this does not resolve the issue, threaten with detention and let the students know that this behavior is unacceptable on school grounds. If this continues to happen, detention would be administered accordingly.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

The first thing would be asking calmly for the students to settle down; if they don't settle down, I will go to ask the specific people who are talking over me to quiet down. If they still don't listen, I would call a more qualified teacher or vice-principal to come down and pull them out of class since they're being a disruption or administer detentions as needed.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Toshio usually keeps to himself in the teachers' lounge, but he looks up to the other faculty members and indulges in any conversation with just about anyone. He loves making conversation with the faculty, even if he's usually seen keeping to himself.

Provide at least four detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me

"Welcome and good morning, everyone. Please take your seats." After the bell had rung, he'd take his respected seat and desk and pull out some graded tests from the filing cabinet. Toshio would then walk around, handing out the graded tests to their persons and congratulating the students who went above and beyond with their perfect scores.

/me

Toshio would pick up a piece of chalk, write down some messy agenda, and then turn to the class. "Alright, today we will be doing some partner work on Marine Biology." He would then let the students go into their chosen groups and hand out the assignment for the day.

/me

He loudly clapped his hands, calling for the classroom's attention. After a few seconds of waiting, he cleared his throat and began to pace around the classroom. "Good morning, class. Today, we will be doing a lab activity to better understand the important relationship between Sea Urchins and Sea Otters." After making his way to the front of the class, he halted, whipped himself around, and scanned the classroom.

/me

He adjusted his glasses and pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket before offering it to the crying student. He picked up the test paper with a "D-" marking on the top and showed it to them. "I know you tried your best, and I'm proud of you. You've had a rough year, and that didn't stop you from trying your hardest in all your classes. Your grades shouldn't determine who you are or how smart you are. I know you studied as best you could during classes. Otherwise, you would've failed."

Backstory

Toshio is a 6'2 male who was born in Tokyo, Japan. His mother, Yua Nakamura, and his father, Sana Nakamura, raised him until he was old enough to live independently. Although his parents were loving, they were strict about his well-being and education. Despite being middle-class, his parents managed to get him into a prestigious school.

Toshio was born in Tokyo, Japan, and grew up there. His life was very uneventful as he always had his nose buried in a book. Toshio was never really one to fit in a group; it was always one thing after the next while growing up. In primary school, he was a shy kid, not liking the uniforms because they were always too tight or too loose, and they would ride up in the wrong places. He was always his friend's last option; he was always the kid you'd invite to replace someone else absence. He could always count on facts; biology was his favorite subject since middle school. He was always sitting in the library for hours, reading about biology and bio-sciences.

The feeling of knowing how things work and sharing this with his classmates is something he'd never be able to describe in words, and it was comforting in a way.

At 14, he learned that people didn't care for anything he was telling them, simply listening because they felt like they had to and weren't interested. This realization was heartbreaking for Toshio, and the lack of enthusiasm others had for his interests destroyed his passion. He had continued reading and learning, but he refused to share his knowledge with anyone, assuming that they didn't want to listen regardless. He's going through puberty was a terrible point in his life.

Ongoing to study biology in college. During college, Toshio ran into lots of struggles, as anyone would. Even though he had been studying biology since he was young, there was still a lot Toshio didn't understand. He continued learning, and eventually, he overcame this issue, graduating his first four years of college with a Bachelor's degree. This adversity didn't stop him, though; he continued to take every biology class and spend his free time studying the subject. In his next two years of college, he finished up some biology and took a few courses on teaching, wanting to go back to sharing his knowledge with others. Toshio would then graduate the next two years with a Master's degree.

After graduating, Toshio felt extraordinarily proud and accomplished. Everyone who knew him found it obvious how happy and excited he was about finally receiving a Master's Degree. He was finally going to be able to share his knowledge with people who could potentially want to learn about biology! His achievement was a significant turning point since he could now find people who would be willing to learn more about biology and become interested in what he had to say.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Toshio Nakamura

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Toshio

Preferred Name: Toshio

Age (Minimum is 27): 32

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

0 years

Academic Degree

Bachelor's Degree

Master's Degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Biology and Biochemistry

Minors:

Business and Education

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

Yes, specifically CELTA.

Extra

N/A

Additional notes about your application: N/A

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- Your application lacks detail in questions that ask for it (role descriptions).
- Your application is poorly formatted; fix the spacing

Users who are viewing this thread