Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
IGN: RickPD
DATE: 21/03/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Problem:

So basically as a cop, I need to look out for weapons and I think it is really hard to see sometimes if certain katanas are a toy or if it is a real weapon.

I have thought about solutions with other KPD members on how we can fix this problem:

Solution 1: Put something on the handle that you can clearly see that it is a toy, like the back of the handle is orange, now I know it might not look that well but it's easier for everyone to see if it is a toy or not.

Solution 2: Put something on the blade that indicated that it is a toy, for example, "toy" or the name of the katana, and make it that real weapons can't have that. that will make the katana still look cool but it can also indicate that it is a toy.

Solution 3: Make the blade less thin to make it look like it's not sharp. that way it is also easy to see if it is made out of plastic and not sharp or made out of metal and is sharp.

Now I know that there already is a feature where toy katanas have the toy in the name if you hover over it, though it would be easier to tell the difference by just looking at it. also if I were to have a custom toy katana it would be very annoying to be pat down a lot just because of my toy katana.

Another thing is that I believe this way is very easy to hide its a real katana because most officers think it is a toy while it can not be. If you just get the katana to look like a toy and make it real you can easily hold it out and not get searched for it.

This is just how I look against it and any other solutions are very welcome.

[IMAGES IF ANY]

2021-03-21_13.58.01.png

Last edited:

qbigail

Level 77
-1 / Neutral
Solution 2: Put something on the blade that indicated that it is a toy, for example, "toy" or the name of the katana, and make it that real weapons can't have that. that will make the katana still look cool but it can also indicate that it is a toy.
It's already in the name of most Toy Katanas. Whilst patting someone down, it's quite easy to simply hover over the name so you can double-check. If you mistake a Toy Katana for a real Katana, simply just apologise or say "Clear!" in-character. After all, players shouldn't take this OOCly so it isn't really a major issue.

However, I find that it may be difficult for modellers to make Toy Katanas look different from real Katanas, as they have to follow the reference image that the player has requested. Overall, I don't see how this would disadvantage the KPD, as personally it does not pose a problem to me.

Laur

Level 39
+1 / -1

The whole point of toy katanas are to look similar to a real one, obviously in real life the blade won’t look as sharp and shiny, but you get the idea. Officers can tell if the katanas are real or not, since most toy katanas will be flimsy or made out of plastic. You can simply just ask if it’s real or a toy and get a staff member to confirm it.

Having an orange handle or small indicator would ruin the reference of the custom katana and not look aesthetically pleasing to some/most people. Solution two is a great idea, but it would be hard for us to see in their inventory without actually doing /rs, since some may deny and asking in LOOC is already enough proof to ask if the katana/weapon is real or not.

If someone really wanted to, they could just make a list of custom toy katanas and send it to the KPD with pictures and names. That would be really difficult to do considering that a lot of customs are being added everyday, some toy weapons.

As Jimmy said, ribbons would also be a good addition, though some people may not like ribbons on the handles and already like the handle the way it is. If it’s a toy, they wouldn’t have any issue saying it is one.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
+1

Different solution;

Add little ribbons on the handles of toy katanas. Most toy katanas have them so I think they should add them to the current toy katanas too.

Users who are viewing this thread