Level 13
sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: froggilina
What's the title of your suggestion?: Tranquilizer for EMS against Animals

What's your suggestion?:
Who for?
The Tranquilizer would be limited to only the certification of Veterinarians and any HU+ within the EMS faction. It simply would not make sense for a non-certified Veterinarians to be carrying a tranquilizer around when they won't be working with animals as often as the certified Veterinarians.

Limitations?
Tranquilizer's would be ICly limited to animals only, therefore we can not use them against civilians to stop them. This is purely a protection for the Veterinarians to protect themselves against the animal attacks if they deem violent, mostly bears in the forest. Sadly it's come to the point where bears are always attacking EMS when they patrol the forest as part of one of the routes take. We always have to radio KPD as backup to come and get bears back when it would be easier for EMS to do it on their own and have certain portals in place.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would benefit both EMS and the community in a sense of EMS who have obtained the Veterinarian certificate can actually respond to the bear calls, and will be able to do something about it, Instead of getting continuous 110 spam calls and hoping KPD would be able to respond. Now it would be a higher chance of a response to the EMS call with ether KPD or EMS being able to take action sooner than later. Obviously, EMS will have certain limitations on the tranquilizers and will be required to inform KPD if the dart would to accidently hit a civilian. EMS would not be allowed to have power to hit a civilian at all.

Again, this would be only limited to those with the certification as well as a HU, and can be also removed from the certification if they are seen using it for non-animal usage, leading to malpractice and charges against themselves.

Iris.fi

Level 33
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
+1 very good points i might argue if ppl argue later but i have no points to add very good 10/10 suggestion

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
+1
please give my vets tranqs they deserve it

On a more detailed note, a few things - Vets being able to respond to bear calls alongside KPD is an interesting take and I do like that, especially if there's only one or two active officers, and they're busy. However, as Vets aren't allowed to treat bears in the first place, and allowin' them to do what is essentially a dangerous job that should be left to KPD,, I have mixed feelings on it?? I'm not sure if it's something. we should be allowing. but it is a nice addition to the department........ i'd need to think on it more, still overall +1

lobsterrdog

Level 31
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
+1
I can not be trusted with a gun I promise.
In all seriousness, I think it would be cool, but I also don't think it's all too needed. Bear calls do happen semi frequently, but not to the point I think the whole department and HU's need guns to protect themselves. They are annoying and KPD isn't always there to help out with these calls, but I dunno if guns are the solution. That being said I wanna go pew pew and we should have guns. Or lemme be like Yeager and kill a bear with a knife.

If this ever was added, which I don't really see happening, I'd say it'd be a VERY limited thing and vet training would have to be a bit more extensive than it is now. Perhaps only limiting us to about 2-3 darts along with it being a Senior+ thing. And like the mido, it would be used as a LAST REPORT such as if KPD can't come to save us.

Last edited:

Apocryptoz

Level 19
Apocryptoz
Apocryptoz
Rich+
I personally disagree with EMS being allowed to have tranquilizers for a variety of reasons. I’ll just start off with the reason that the tranquilizers are limited to the KPD because they are the replacement for the Glocks in the first place and therefore I do not see why any other faction should have tranquilizers. Veterinarians shouldn’t have tranquilizers as there are rangers in real life that go out and tranquilize animals in the wild life for veterinarians to treat if need be, which on SRP would be taken over by the KPD. Bringing up what wind mentioned in his response, seeing how Veterinarians can’t treat bears in the first place, I especially don’t see why there would ever be a need for them to have tranquilizers as they can just mido animals if need be (unless this was changed without my knowledge). They don’t need a tranquilizer to respond to bear calls, as it’s more of a dangerous situation, which should be taken over by KPD as that’s what we are trained for. I also don’t agree with the part that it’d make the job easier for EMS to have them, as you can simply just radio for KPD to come over, which will literally take less than a minute for us to arrive. KPD should remain the only faction with tranquilizers in my opinion, as it also pushes and promotes the teamwork between both factions.

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
-1 Mostly agree with what apoc said, and as lobster noted, bear calls aren’t that high anymore as they were before & if they do get high, KPD can come help alongside EMS to take them down just as past situations. If we aren’t on it’s cause we’re also busy, just as EMS is when we need them on a call which is completely understandable, everyone has a life. As much as I love ems, I’d prefer for it to be kept a kpd thing ^^

Last edited:

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+

for reasons apoc said, as he stated the Tranquillizer was to replace glocks but EMS already have their mido which you could just say can be used on animals as well.

Classicalist

Level 86
I get what you three -1 says, But i think EMS should have some sort of Tranq even for hospital situations. There may be times where we need to tranq an animal during normal vet situations to make it easier. This does not have to be strictly used on bears

Apocryptoz

Level 19
Apocryptoz
Apocryptoz
Rich+
I get what you three -1 says, But i think EMS should have some sort of Tranq even for hospital situations. There may be times where we need to tranq an animal during normal vet situations to make it easier. This does not have to be strictly used on bears
That’s where the midos come in!

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
have their mido
Midazolam is close range and puts the worker at risk when using them, regardless of whether it's against humans or animals. For more violent animals, this may not be an option, hence the suggestion of tranqs for veterinarians only. I'd even go as far as assuming it would be tag-bound (ie having [Veterinarian] instead of psych, doctor, paramedic or surgeon) like mido is for paramedics!

Mo!

Level 13
sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+
Mido doesn't work like that. Mido is only strong enough to knock down a human body, and is not made for animal usage. Plus we'd need to get directly upclose to the animal meaning we'd be at a higher risk of being mauled by the animal in order to protect others. - EMS is not about risking our lives, but about saving those who need it.

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
That’s where you come in to call KPD and help out with the situation. As apoc noted, tranqs were put in replacement for glocks because it went against EULA so they are basically a reward we’ve achieved for going through promotions and being given the responsibility to have a tranquilizer like we did with glocks. Now that EMS will have it, it won’t feel like something we worked hard and earned for. It’ll just be something another faction has now. Instead we can work as a team and have KPD tranquilize an aggressive animal and then vets work their magic. It probably doesn’t matter to some about what the items means to others but it does to some.

Apocryptoz

Level 19
Apocryptoz
Apocryptoz
Rich+
Mido doesn't work like that. Mido is only strong enough to knock down a human body, and is not made for animal usage. Plus we'd need to get directly upclose to the animal meaning we'd be at a higher risk of being mauled by the animal in order to protect others. - EMS is not about risking our lives, but about saving those who need it.
I’ve seen it been used before to knock out a bear, though again, this was about half a year ago so maybe the way midos work have changed since. Like Ary mentioned, if the animal does become aggressive, you can simply call for KPD. It’s how we’ve handled aggressive animal situations in the past and it’s worked perfectly fine so I don’t really see a reason to change it now.

Users who are viewing this thread