players online

Accepted ~TreeKatt's Council Secretary Application~ ✔

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeKatt

Level 10
[OOC SECTION]

IGN: TreeKatt

Role in School Council: Council Secretary.

Expected activity (out of ten): 8/10

RL Age (note that it does not matter how old you are):
11 years old

Previous Applications: Teaching Assistant – Denied- reason: I hadn’t been on the server for a while, and the answers were too short.
Lunchtime Monitor- Denied- reason: I made a spelling mistake. Answered some questions wrong and I said something that Ducks didn’t agree with.

Motivation for joining: I love this server, and would like to try and be more a part of it. I also think being a Council Secretary would be a fun challenge to take on, like working with kids, attending meetings, helping other people, being kind, thinking of ideas to make the school better, fixing things that happened to the school, talking to kids about problems, helping the Principal get stuff done, is somewhat hard, but fun to try and do different things and challenges.

What is the School Council?: The School Council is a team of students that do lots of meetings, pretty much every day. –Which you must go to, cause you don’t want to miss anything- In the meetings, everyone tells their ideas, and they all talk about what ideas they should take, and how to raise more money for the school.

What happens in the School Council?: All the School Council members must go to these meetings that may happen every day or week. In the meetings the Council will talk about problems the school is having, and how to fix them. They may also talk about what they should maybe add to the school. Example: Desks, more food for the school, more classes, apartments, clothes, and much more.

[SCENARIO SECTION]

You are a councillor, the chairman submits an awful idea, what do you do?: After he’s done talking I would say, “Thank you for your idea. Now does anyone have other ideas?” After everyone shares theirs, I would try to use everyone’s ideas and make his less awful.

You submit a idea, everyone hates it, how do you react?: I would sit back down, and let other people come up with ideas, while I think of a better one. Once I have a better one I would wait for everyone to stop talking, once they’re done, I would stand up and start speaking. “Well, I have a better idea now! My new idea is (Idea here)” If everyone still doesn’t like it, I would ask how I could make it better, and maybe we could put everyone’s ideas together.

You have become the school president, what is your first speech: “Thank you for picking me for your new School President, I will always make sure I arrive at all meetings and everyone else too. I’m always open to new ideas, so if you guys ever have anything you would like to share, and we’re not in a meeting at the moment, feel free to come find me. I promise we will always find new ways to improve the school, and help kids learn. But to make the school a better school, we need ideas, and we also need to raise money for the school. So, as I said before, feel free to find me, and give ideas for the school, or how to raise more money. Thank you for picking me as your School President for this year, I’m very, very, grateful and will try my best to make everyone happy.” Then smile and back sit down.

You fail to attend 5 meetings with the school council, how do you apologize?
The next meeting I would walk in and sit down, well everyone else does the same. After the room is quiet, I would stand up and first say, “May I talk for a moment?” If the head Councillor or the Principal allows, I would start off like this: “As you all know, I’ve missed a few meetings, and I’m very sorry about that.” I would then say why I missed the meetings and then end like this: “So, I was wondering if after the meeting, could someone please tell me what happened in the last few meetings?” After talking, I would sit down, and let someone else talk for awhile.

You are being removed from your position, how do you react?
I would ask the Principal why I was being removed, and if I could still help the council raise money, and think of ideas, without being a Councillor until I can earn my spot back.

[IC SECTION]
You are writing a letter to the school principal, how do you convince him to let you be his role?

Dear Principal,

Hello, this is your newest Council member. I’m writing this letter to tell you some ideas I have, and how you picked a good person for this job. My first idea is more classes. I think we need longer ones, or more. The students need to learn more, and stay in classes for longer, or actually go to class. Now, I know the teachers already do lots, and so do the other employees, but the students don’t really do anything, or go to class. Those who don’t go to class, should be taken from what they’re doing, and someone (A teacher, Principal, Council member, or any other employee.) should talk to them. First the employee should ask why they don’t go to class, if the kid doesn’t answer or looks nervous, maybe move onto the next question. They could ask all sort of questions, like:

· ‘Is there someone bullying you, that makes you not want to go to class?’

· ‘Is class too hard for you? Do you want to move to an easier one?’

· ‘Did something happen, that you don’t want to go to class?’

· (If it’s for gym) ‘Why don’t you go to gym? Did you hurt yourself?’

· (If it’s for Art) ‘Why don’t you go to Art? Are you afraid that you’re bad at art?’

· (If it’s for Music) ‘Why don’t you go to Music? It’s very fun to try different types of things, plus everyone is good at it! There’s always something for someone to do!’

· (If it’s for Science) ‘Why don’t you go to Science? It’s somewhat fun to learn about DNA, some history, evolution, earth, and lots more’

· (If it’s for Performing Arts) ‘Why don’t you go to Performing Arts? It’s actually pretty fun too, you act, have fun with friends, go on stage and put on a play in front of people.’

After a few questions (hopefully) the student or student(s) will answer. They could say ‘So, why don’t we go try one class together? It’ll be fun!’ After trying some classes maybe the student will realize it’s fun, and keep going to them.

My second idea is less bullying. A lot of students have been bullying younger students, or students with learning disorders. Sometimes kids pick on other kids because they’re jealous, or have a crush on them, but probably most of the time, the kid getting bullied has something wrong with them, or is younger than the bully, or the bully is just a rude person that picks on random people. To stop bullying or fights, any employee walking around should try and listen to kids’ conversations. If they hear anything that may start a fight, or if one has already started, step in and warn them. If it continues they send them to detention, or get a Teacher/or the Principal to step in and help. If any students see people getting bullied, they could go to the Principal’s office or find an employee to report it to. If the kid still keeps getting bullied, we would have to give the bully detention again, but for longer this time. If they never learn their lesson, we may need to expel them.

My third idea is Treat Day. I think every Friday or Monday, one of the employees should make treats for the school and everyone else. This might make everyone happier, and have a fun time at school. Treat Day could be like Hot Lunch days, only on special days. Most of the employees or all of them, could all go to one place, and make treats together for everyone. The staff/employees would get theirs first, since they did all the work. Then at lunch time or another time the kids would get theirs.

That’s all of my ideas for now, but I have a little more time, so I’ll write how you chose a good person for Council Secretary. I’m very happy you chose me for your new Council Secretary. I promise I’ll be very responsible with this job, and try and go to every single meeting. I think twice before doing my actions, and I would be very disappointed in myself if I gave up on anyone or anything. I’m always willing to try new things or help anyone with anything. If it’s just sharpening a pencil or if it’s dealing with someone trying to kill themselves; I’m always willing to lend a hand.

Thanks for reading my letter, I know you’re a very busy man. I look forward to working with you, and wish you a good day.

Sincerely: TreeKatt

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Amazing application, sorry for the late reply. PM me if you are still active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread