Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
IGN: Rexnii
DATE: 21/02/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Well I think there should be a moment that players can rarely 'trip' while running for a long time or walking normally, perhaps using the crawl or lay plugin for it to work [crawl sounds more realistic imo] and maybe a small action saying '[User] bla bla tripped while bla bla.' Might not necessary or needed, but i think it should be realistic in some little moments [also kinda funny] And makes 'Chasing' a bit more realistic and interesting in some ways since most of the players have the 100% speed which is making the chasing boring sometimes. Players will be able to get up in few seconds or by shifting [basically using the classic crawl plugin] It's like similar to real life as well. . people wont be able to run away forever and it comes to an end eventually or they just become clumsy and trip.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
[It'll be funny] It'll be interesting to see, and also a realistic detail to add. [I don't think it should be that hard to add atleast]

Lizalopod

Level 130
What da heck?? Nooouhhh! Dun add super smash bros brawl tripping to srp!!!
(in all seriousness this would be super annoying, best to RP it out imo)

meg0cci

Level 17
Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
+1 as long as it is a rare occurrence
it should be rare cus it will be obv annoying from at some point like 0,005 chance (or even less) . . once in 10k+ blocks or something wouldnt be so bad

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
imagine getting chased and they just make a turn & breaking yo ankles like that, thats crazy

robinzee

Level 26
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
imagine getting chased and they just make a turn & breaking yo ankles like that, thats crazy
Imagine getting minored by yourself LMAO

On a serious note, I'm not really sure I like this idea. Like, running isn't used just for chases, it's also used as a faster walk, and this would get reaaaally annoying reaaaaaally fast, even if there's a small chance of it. Could be an opt-in feature maybe, but mandatory for everyone? No, please.

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
This suggestion is very unique, and is a cool concept, but in reality it would just be a burden to those playing the game. The attributes plugin is a necessity for many factions and if this suggestion was implemented, it would make it harder to increase attributes.

Again, I do think this suggestion is pretty cool, but would not work for SRP's community.

Last edited:

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Good suggestion, however I, personally, would rather roleplay it out when necessary (which I in fact do already) rather than it being a random chance; that's just my input though

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Believability over Realism

I don't believe it is necessary or something should be added personally as this is a roleplay server, not a mini-game server. A track team member or any sports-team member is used to running, and it is unusual for them to trip. Of course, as human beings, they can trip. However, forcing an event to occur on a player out of nowhere removes the roleplay part and is more of an obstacle to them OOCly. Someone roleplaying and on their own accord decides to trip is encouraged, but forcing someone to trip out of nowhere is not fun

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

I do think this would become really annoying eventually. For example, your not in RP, and you need to go grab an accessory from a chest, and you randoly trip while heading to your chest area. It becomes repetitive, and especially annoying in something such as simply trying to get to the train station and back to plaza. I don't think this is a good idea however, if we could make this toggle able, I think it would be a lot easier and liked.

For example:

Player A has a very clumsy character, they trip often while walking or running, so they decide to toggle the /trip command, enabling the character to trip while running/walking.

However, player B plays a character that isn't clumsy, and rarely falls over, rather than constantly tripping, they would have this setting off.

These settings could be edited whenever, and would save when logging off rather than retyping to re-toggle tripping when you log on.

If you do desperately want your character being clumsy, or just want the realism, I don't think it would hurt to add the command rather than stopping and typing out a /me and crawling.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
+1!!!! Super good suggestion. In addition to tripping, I think that we should also make it so that other (worse, life-changing) events also happen randomly.

For each player, there will be a .0000001% chance per second for them to be inflicted with a disease or disorder, and a 5% chance for whatever that is to be incurable. Also, we will make it so every time you eat food, there is a .0001% chance to get food poisoning, and if you don't get to a toilet you will eject liquid feces through whatever article of clothing you had on (formerly, because it's so toxic it dissolves your pantaloons). Also, they need to add a thing where there is a .00000000000001% chance every second where you literally just have a heart attack and DIE. These would all be very engaging scenarios for roleplay I think.

I love it when the minecraft school roleplay server decides things about my characters on my behalf, as though I am not a thinking human capable of making my roleplay interesting on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread