Rich+
IGN:
pitapet
DATE:
7/10/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

A role for tryouts announcements in Academics
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It's not really an original idea, but I've seen soooo many people in the Academics discord talk about it (like five, idk.) But, just a simple role in the discord for people to have if they want to be pinged for tryout announcements. There's a lot of tryouts announced each week, so it means a lot of pings, each week. Having a role in the discord for it would allow those who want to be pinged for tryouts, to be pinged, and those who either don't want to be on a team / are already on a team not to be pinged every single time there's a tryout. Yeah, that's basically it. Goodbye.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega

Teams are already lacking in members. Making a separate role will reduce the current announcement range drastically and people that could be interested and didn't get their roles will lose a chance to try out. It's a maximum of 2-3 pings, not every day. You will live!

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

Teams are already lacking in members. Making a separate role will reduce the current announcement range drastically and people that could be interested and didn't get their roles will lose a chance to try out. It's a maximum of 2-3 pings, not every day. You will live!
Not gonna lie this slipped my mind

needle

Level 45
i agree w maria, i also think a lot of teams would suffer because a portion of people interested in tryouts for certain teams only develop an interest after they see the announcement, and in this case they may not have the tryout role so that fraction would just…be gone

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
Okay what the hell guys....

Readin' everyones replies kind of convinced me too... Thank's for all of the points you brought up I am embarrassed

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
-1 It's not a bad idea, but some people will most likely not be aware of the role existing and miss the chance of try outs.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
neutral

There are pros and cons to this. I don't think it's bad to have a reaction role for this as long as it's given by default, otherwise, people who mute the server may miss other events they are interested in.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I was thinking this over and from what Tippie said, how about instead of a reaction role to add this ping you would react to remove it? Dunno, just a suggestion for the suggestion

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I've always thought the constant tryout pings were annoying, especially since I've been on a sports team for a long while making 0% of them relevant to me.

As has already been said, there should be a role for tryout pings given to people by default, which can be taken/removed in the #roles channel. It might cause confusion if people randomly have a weird role, but the tradeoff of less people being bothered by unwanted pings outweighs it by a large degree.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 Pings should only be for announcements and events -- baseball team lacking a few members here and there is not an event, sorry guys.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
baseball team lacking a few members here and there is not an event
Hey, don't bully the baseball team! They've only had 2.5 tryouts per month on average since March!

1657865321449.png

Seriously though, despite making up 1/12 of all sports teams, baseball has been responsible for 1/5 tryout pings since March. If I get pinged over the baseball team's inability to maintain members one more time I am going to commit acts of moderate tomfoolery.

Source: I made it the fuck up

Morke

Level 38
lMorek
lMorek
Rich
Hey, don't bully the baseball team! They've only had 2.5 tryouts per month on average since March!Source: I made it the fuck up
+1 Pings should only be for announcements and events -- baseball team lacking a few members here and there is not an event, sorry guys.
Being part of the baseball team, it is true that we lack of members and that the tryouts are not many, anyway, the two captains do their best to make our teams attract attention but it is not easy, the sport is still W.I.P, and almost nobody knows how to play, and that means that there are not so many people who are interested. In the last tryout, only 4-5 showed up (I think it's the same in other teams) and only 3 were chosen (normal,no?).

Users who are viewing this thread