Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
There’s a very nice built in discord feature called suppress @ everyone, you can find it in notification settings

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN:
pitapet
DATE:
7/10/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A role for tryouts announcements in Academics
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It's not really an original idea, but I've seen soooo many people in the Academics discord talk about it (like five, idk.) But, just a simple role in the discord for people to have if they want to be pinged for tryout announcements. There's a lot of tryouts announced each week, so it means a lot of pings, each week. Having a role in the discord for it would allow those who want to be pinged for tryouts, to be pinged, and those who either don't want to be on a team / are already on a team not to be pinged every single time there's a tryout. Yeah, that's basically it. Goodbye.
+1 Im not even involved with the school faction pls I don’t want anymore

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
-1 / NEUTRAL
As said above, most players won't actually know what try-outs are until they take place. I'd personally just suggest disabling pings from (at)everyone or any sort of role ping. An alternative to your concerns would be to make it so that all players have the try-out ping role the moment they join the server, and give them the possibility of removing that role by reacting to a bot message

However, I don't think this is a major issue that cannot be avoided

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- This wouldn't really solve the problem and only cause more players to miss try-outs/not see an announcement. If you don't wish to be pinged, you can supress mentions via Discord settings.​

Users who are viewing this thread