players online

Accepted UglyGodz - Science (Biology) Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quin

Level 3
IGN (In Game Name): UglyGodz
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I come on the server 5-6 hours a day everyday on this server. And actually have fun on it!

Do you have TeamSpeak3?: Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: Past (Most likely going to apply again) - Deputy Head Of Office

What is your motivation for applying?: I want to apply to be a teacher because it seems that sometimes we need more science teachers and that it would be really fun to teach biology to kids

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?: Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?: Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?: Yes

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?: Post an OOC Field Trip applications on the area designated on there and await approval. Once approved i'd tell my class 5 days prior to the actual trip so they can get ready and what not!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: When in class you are in Class not on your phone, eating or doing what you want. You do that at break or in your own time. Teachers are here to teach and not to sit there and wait for attention. My rules are. No food/drinks. No phones. No calling out. No speaking when not asked to

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I started roleplaying with school roleplays on a smaller scale server with more literate roleplayers. I became a teacher there. The rules there are strict but due to funding and school the server was shut down. It was quite a good run though. I gained a lot of experience from it. In general i think i'm a mature serious person that is only strict when there is places in need of strictness!

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Bottom

Trainee

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)

Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?:
I wouldn't change much exactly. Though it's a good system and all i've struggled in real life at times due to the fact teachers keep speeding along trying to cram everything. It gets difficult for the student to learn. Even when kids are meant to learn these sort of things. Due to the fact most teachers are mature adults. They use big words that some kids might not understand

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The default payment is 250000¥ Monthly (In game) and 20k to 40k (In real life UK) though if teachers are recognised for their outstanding work they will get a slight raise monthly this is also called TLR payment. Teachers help in not only a simple game of minecraft but actually help in real life. If you look at it from an educational perspective and listen to teachers. You are actually getting educated. Like school in real life! Teachers on here are required to have a proper class with homework and so on. This server tries its best to be realistic. Thus when being taught in class it is 'Online School' and you go off with at least some amount of knowledge. Teachers in their spare time devote themselves to their jobs, and prepare lessons ahead so they don't get jumbled, mark work, mark books, mark essays and so on. Teachers are here to teach people about basic knowledge before becoming an adult!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
You cannot have a SchoolRP without teachers. Teachers are what makes up the school. Without teachers there wouldn't be school, people wouldn't be able to be educated rightly! It also makes the server more realistic

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee- These are the people that will ask to sit in a teachers class and observe the teachers actions and class actions. Trainee isn't a rank you keep for long

NQT- These are Newly Qualified Teachers, qualified to teach but are normally substitutes for absent teachers. They make mistakes though they're good enough to teach!

QTLS- These are people who are fully qualified to teach without issues in class or outside of class and can do their job successfully

HD- These are the people that keep their department in check and make sure they're following every single rule in the Faculty Book, the Code Of Conduct and so on!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system on lessons is a 'Must have, Should have, Could have system'

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Percy is a well-kept man with lightish blue eyes his skin is quite a tanned white, though he does seem to have not very well-known brands but seemingly fancy brands. He is somewhat always seen in school and hardly seen outside of school due to him shopping at night-time. Percy is quite a unique character because though he doesn't look like it he is from Russia. After getting his Masters Degree in biology he moved all the way to Japan to find a more peaceful teaching job, after walking around THS for a while he seemed to had talked to the students, asking for their opinions on teachers and how they feel about this school. Though some students were very hard to crack they were very open and seemed to enjoy this school. He has a very strong outlook on the students and seems to think ALL of them have potential to be great! After hearing about teachers. His outlook on the teachers and employees of the school is quite a bright and happy one as well. After seeing them in action, and hearing from students. He wishes them the best of luck! Percy despite seeming jolly is quite a quiet and keep to himself type of man. He often walks the halls by himself mumbling something. His plan for the future is to join the military as a Medic and server his country proud!

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Warn them, and tell them about the punishment they could serve. If to carry on action will be taken place!

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Do a 5 second count down (once establishing the rule that once i count down and finish silence) if kept speaking then detentions would be handed to the main group

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
He rarely would be seen in the lounge though if seen he is probably relaxing, he seems to be okay with conversation but doesn't seem to start any!

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Mr Blain sat at the desk as he awaited assignments and class to start.
/me He slowly started wandering the room, looking over the students shoulders
/me As he stood up and went to the front of the class, he cleared his throat
/me A gentle smile rose on his face as he wrote out his name
/me Mr Blains eyes narrowed as he raised a brow to the students comment

BACKSTORY

Percy became a teacher after he realised what he was doing with his life...
Earlier on in his younger adult days Percy make a solider of the Russian Army and fought for his country in wars. Killing people that are also fighting for his country. At that time Percy was also engaged and 2 children coming through. The reason he joined the Military was to pay for his fiances treatment after being diagnosed with Stage Four cancer. Though he knew in his head she wasn't going to survive. He was going to earn enough money so she can at least die happy. So he fought for 4 years he was in the military until he realised he was a killer. After leaving his wife died later on, due to all the bad memories in Russia he decided he had still enough time to get his masters degree. And crammed his head with knowledge. After achieving his masters degree in Biology he decided he wanted to teach students. So they didn't end up like him. He packed his bags. And left Russia behind. After he arrived in Japan he rented out a small apartment where he started to look for High schools. He then saw the job opening for THS, seeing it was a nice town. He yet again packed his bags and went to the area. After getting off, he looked around, before renting yet another house in the area. He occasionally talked to the students to get a good look to what he was seeing as a dream job. And much to his surprise. It was a dream job. Though there is crime. He had realised the police force was good enough. And so he decided to settle in. After seeing the gang activity he had a strong sense of teaching the kids at this area. Not only for his passion but because he doesn't want them ending up dead or as prisoners.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Percy Blain
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Percy or Blain
Preferred Name: Percy

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Russian
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Master Degree

Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): Science, Physics, Biology and Chemistry
Minors: History and Geography

Native Languages: Russian
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: Science - Biology

Additional notes about your application (if any): N O N E - - -

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have been accepted to be a teacher, But you will have to teach another subject in science, All we have is chemistry so you will have to teach that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread