mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Uninstructed's Design and Technology Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): Uninstructed
Previous bans: 1 - Asked to be banned due to mental breakdown.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I completely understand.

Describe your activity on the server: I've been on and off, recently started getting back into the server since Exams have finished for me.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Of course.

Do you have a microphone? Indeed

List your current and past applications: History Teacher - Accepted (A year ago.)
Teaching Assistant - Accepted, then quit (6 Months ago)
School Technician - Accepted (Current)

What is your motivation for applying?: I feel as if I can bring a few new roleplay aspects to the table.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? Talk to the principal about hosting the field trip. Give him specific knowledge of where the field trip will be taking place, how many students, the date of said trip, the cost of said trip, and how long the trip will be. If the idea is shot down, I will not request any further.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: I should encourage students to do the best they can during classes, let them know what they're doing wrong and help them fix any problems they have.

Make sure no student uses foul language, as I do not use it either. No physical or emotional harm shall be done to any students.

Students shall not be used for labour, meaning I cannot have them go outside of class to grab something for me.

No contraband in class.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I took many Design courses in Highschool, now moving onto college myself; I have decided that along with computer science, I will be taking more design classes. as it is my passion. My teachers have commended me for the work I do in my design classes as I use time proficiently and expertly. In almost all my design classes, I have had a mark of 80s - 90s, or A- to A+

I have been a Teacher in the past on this server. But never actually got to Teach anything due to it being before classes were implemented. I was always looking forward to teaching classes but never could. So I thought I'd give it a shot one more time, and see if I could try something I've been meaning to try for a long time.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher [NQT]
Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills [QTLS]
Head of Department [HD]

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
Definitely have more active Teachers, a lot of the teachers are always on when the in game school time is complete giving them nothing to do. It should be changed because it's a school roleplay, and without the school students just wander around letting them do what they want.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers are very important to the community, they help the younger generation with intellect and knowledge needed to get a job in the future. In-game they are meant to be role models for the students and give them respect and help them in their journey of high-school. Out-of-game, they are also role models but at a much higher stake, they give the students the knowledge they need to pass the course to move on into the adult life ready to work. The salary really depends on the country the teacher is located in, in this case, the salary for a teacher would be 250000¥. In general teachers spend their free time marking assignments and tests and planning their next classes by doing research and setting up any necessary components needed for the next class.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
It's a School RP, a school without teachers is just students roaming around.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - You're a new "teacher" you cannot start teaching and should ask other higher up teachers if you can sit in their class and learn from what they are doing. If you notice they make a mistake, you can correct them and it'd give you a sort of commendation.

Newly Qualified Teacher - You can hold classes with permission from the HD (Head of Department) you cannot host Trainee's

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - You're now a normal teacher, you can hold classes on your own (during school hours) and are able to host Trainee's but not allowed to train them. You create your own lesson plans as long as the Head of Department didn't plan one for you.

Head of Department - You control the department, create lesson plans for other teachers and assign a Co-HD. It's very unlikely that you'd bee able to reach the HD position, but not impossible. You must follow the CoC and make sure the other teachers under you, follow it as well.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Taketatsu High uses the MoSCo system (Must have, Should Have, Could Have)

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Lee Uninstructed is a young teacher. He normally has brown hair and blue eyes, but he had dyed his hair a dark shade of red and has salmon pink contacts. He's always seen wearing a suit vest, dress shirt, tie and slacks. He wears biker gloves as he hates getting paper cuts. He always carries around his notebook with him and is most likely seen writing future lessons in said book. He's a fairly average fellow with pale white skin.

He's a dedicated person, and treats everyone with respect as best he can. As long as he is respected back, he shall continue to give the respect. He's kind to the students and is always willing to help in any situation as long as he can get the lesson finished first. He tries to teach in all the types of learning, visual, auditory, reading/writing, and kinesthetic, although physical activity would be the least used. He loves making friends with the other teachers, and will try and speak with them on friendly terms. If they are working on work, he will respect their space in return for the same treatment if he is working on his lesson.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I will tell them to stop what they are doing, if they continue doing and or retaliate against me, I will issue a warning. If they still continue I will send them to detention for the appropriate amount of time.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I will wait for them to settle down before continuing, if they do not, I will warn them that detention will be necessary if they continue acting this way. If they still do not care enough to acknowledge me, detentions will be handed out.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
He's a friendly guy and talks to the other teachers unless they want to be left alone. He respects that they would like their space, and will expect it in return. He's seen in the morning outside with his morning coffee from the teachers lounge and a smoke.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me He pulls up photoshop on his PC to show the class what they'll be doing.
/me He draws a basic logo for the class to follow.
/me He looks at the students design and grades it.
/me He pulls up a word document about how to properly handle school equipment.
/me He sits down next to the student takes a breath and gets ready to talk to them about their design.

BACKSTORY

Lee was born in Xi'an, China. He had two older brothers that were part of a gang. Lee was more of an intellectual kid though, he wanted to play video games and go to school. So at the age of 4, his parents got him a computer, he loved it and used it almost everyday playing random browser games and looking up random facts about his favourite cartoon characters. He started school at the age of 7, a bit later than most kids. He was smart, he knew answers in certain subjects and went to high school not too long after. He studied computer science his entire time at High School and thought about what it'd be like to try out other things besides programming. He joined a Graphics Design class and immediately fell in love with it. Taking visual arts along side Graphic Design was a huge benefit for him since they both lead into each other. He went to college abroad in Germany where he picked up the German language and recieved his Bachelors in Computer Science, which he majored in. He also minored in Visual Arts, Design, and Biology. He moved back to China for work, but the only job he could get was a factory worker, he became depressed and wanted out. So he saved up on money, only buying the essentials and nothing else. He had finally saved up enough money for a short flight to Japan, which he took immediately. He had arrived in Japan and loved the scenery, his mental state became significantly better than it was back in China. He applied for a Technician job for a High school, Taketatsu Academy. He was accepted shortly after, though he felt like he was never needed for the job. He just kind of sat there in his office all day. He had noticed that the school was still looking for Teachers, and wondered if he could possibly move up in the hierarchy of the school. Which is this resume.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Lee Uninstructed
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Lee, Sir.
Preferred Name: Mr. Uninstructed or Sir to students. To friends and adults Lee.

Religious Denomination: Buddhism
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Chinese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1 year
Working Experience (# of years): 5 years

Academic Degree: Bachelors in Science

Year of Graduation: 2006
Major(s): Computer Science
Minors: Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Biology

Native Languages: Chinese
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Technology and Design Graphics

Additional notes about your application (if any):

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have met the requirements for a teacher. You will be given your rank once you are online in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread