players online

Denied unwealthy's teacher application

Status
Not open for further replies.

unweathy

Level 1
IGN (In Game Name): @unwealthy
Previous bans: None.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I understand and read through all of the threads.

Describe your activity on the server: I actually go online practically every day, unless I have school/studies or clubs but I manage to fit a couple hours daily which is pretty active.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes, but I use discord more.

Do you have a microphone? Yes, but it is a microphone from a headset. It works perfectly so It shouldn't be a problem.

List your current and past applications: This is my first application.

What is your motivation for applying?: I actually have been a staff for other Minecraft servers such as Mineplex, although it's not a role play experience I have learned to be very responsible because people will look up to me and especially if they are role playing as students.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? If I considered a school trip which would be fun for the students I would complete the OOC application and the IC application using the format provided.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: Well I would start with the general most important rules in school, not being disrespectful to either staff or classmates. Also raising your hand and no eating/drinking in class.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
As I said I was Mineplex moderator back in the day, it's taught me how to be a role model, bigger person, and an influential person which people will look up to. So it's important to try not to make any mistakes or any risks of doing so.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher.)
QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning.)
HD (Head of Department.)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I would add a feature which would more than 1 lesson to be attenable in 1 period, or make classes bigger. As most people know, arriving to class on time is a struggle. If you're late you have nothing to do unless you're just looking at the lesson through the door, which is unfortunate because some students struggle to experience class experience.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Without teachers, the roleplay wouldn't be possible, it's a fun way of upgrading the average roleplay experience with realistic lessons and teachers. They provide homework, new topics, trips, and basically everything you need in your school roleplay experience. Overall teachers are probably one of the most important people on the server and one of the most influential role-models.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - Teachers in training are given this rank, they learn and experience the teachers perspective better, also they assist teachers if approved.
NQT - This is the second step of the teacher's qualification, now you can host lessons with the head of the apartment. And be closer
QTLS - Teachers who earn this rank, they are able to host lessons without permission from the head of their department.
HD - Teachers who control their department are given this role, they have control over NQTs and their lessons.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: a must have /should have/could have a system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
February 16, 1992, Kara Luzi. Kara has long brunette hair and deep amber eyes and a strong personality. She has a slim and skinny build, she always wears a rose gold bracelet and respects all students equally and doesnt pick on certain children unless needed to. She treats her working mates the same way and respects them because the school wouldn't be possible without them. Overall she's a very equal and respectful teacher and sets a good environment for the school. She's hoping to be a successful teacher and wishes to teach and make her students succeed for their future. Even if that consists of being strict.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would tell them that it's not allowed to use that kind of language in public places because students and teachers may not like the swearing and it could offend them or anyone nearby, therefore I would report them to the principal or any available official.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would get their attension some how and tell them that they are lucky they got into class and I would tell them how important it is for the students who want to succeed and how they are ruining their learning, then I would continue with the lesson.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? My character would be mature and not chat in any insensitive way that could make a risk of offending anyone, only small convosations that are understandable and not to be mistaken.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Making sure to have all books ready for students and planned out work ready.
/me Would hand out resources to all classes or ask a student to volunteer to hand out the books if trusted.
/me Would give step to step simple instructions for the student to understand and carry out the work as planned.
/me Would help students that are stuck on work or let students that are finished with the work explain (if volunteered of course)

BACKSTORY
Kara was bullied and treated unfairly by the teachers every day back in Rome where she was born in a poor but loving family. Her favorite lesson was Geography, the teacher was the only nice teacher, so Mean but so nice she wished she would become like her one day, her name was Miss.Caian. Kara never understood Miss.Caian but she knew she was a good person and that her personality is strong to make her students succeed. Years and years of school she finally graduated. One morning Kara's parents woke her up to let her know that they have to move to Japan because they are not earning enough money to provide for the family, Kara was shocked and ran out the house to visit her teacher one more time she explained the story and cried on the teacher's lap. Miss.Caian gave Kara her Rose gold bracelet she always wore and told her no more as she waved goodbye and told her to stay strong. Kara left, they took the plane to Japan and rented a 3 bedroom house in a small neighbor hood. She took a small walk, she saw a cherry tree from the distance that reminded her of her Japanese subjects with Miss.Caian she walked towards the tree as she saw a big sign saying ''Welcome to Taketatsu Academy''

She stood in front of the sign, she finally she had a chance to fulfill her dreams and be like Miss.Caian. She quickly rushed into the school, on the way she saw kids dancing, singing, talking, running, she never saw such a sight. She wiped the tears from her eyes and walked up to the receptionist and asked for the application. A couple days later Kara passed the application, she was so happy and thought of how proud Miss.Caian would be of her if she was still around. Kara had a very good reputation with most of the kids and teachers, she treated all of them with respect. Every since then Kara has developed into the person she always dreamed of.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Kara Luzi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Kara
Preferred Name: Miss.Luzi

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Italy
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Geography, Art, English

Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Geography
Minors: Mathamatics

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Italian, Polish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Geography

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I was wondering If you're a trainee can you help in any lesson, even if its not my preferred lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread