ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
IGN: DeyeetMe
DATE:
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Change, rewrite or add a rule concerning which bones can be broken with which perms.
Unless I am dumb as a rock, the only rule where bone breaking is mentioned is this one:
9.2 When minorly assaulting someone, the full extent of your assault must either be knocking someone out or breaking one bones. You may only use weapons that can knock out for minor permissions. Below are examples of in-character motives for minor assault.
This would lead one to believe that with minor perms, you're allowed to break any one bone. However, in a different suggestion several people mentioned that "major" bones (such as leg or arm bones) require majors to be broken. Not only have I never heard of this rule, but I've had my characters' legs or arms be broken by someone with only minors in the past. I have no idea where people got this rule from, but assuming it's a real rule, shouldn't everyone know about it?

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It will make rules more clear? And it will prevent people from accidentally breaking rules that they haven't heard of, despite having read the rules.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
If I am indeed just blind and failed to see this written out in the rules, please let me know thanks

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

If this is regarding re-writing it, I’m with ya. It’s very confusing, but what the rule is trying to ACTUALLY say is:

“When minorly assaulting someone, the full extent of your assault must either be knocking someone out or breaking one MINOR (Fingers, nose) bone.”

If someone has broken your characters leg/arm without majors, you should report it to staff and get it voided!!

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yeah it needs to be specified more, but I also think the extent of minor perms should also be breaking full legs and arms. I feel as if minor bones are rather limited to roleplay and if you have proper ic reasoning to break someone’s leg then you should be able to do it with minor perms

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
Yeah it needs to be specified more, but I also think the extent of minor perms should also be breaking full legs and arms. I feel as if minor bones are rather limited to roleplay and if you have proper ic reasoning to break someone’s leg then you should be able to do it with minor perms
This I agree with - If you still get majors for having a bone broken, then I feel like it's a bit of a leap to go from having your finger broken to cutting off your assailant's arm. Imo being able to break any bone is reasonable for minor perms considering the consequence to the assailant.

Though I don't really combatRP, so I didn't want to suggest changing the rule altogether since it doesn't affect me that much.

TrapstarRp

Level 22
1+ usually it's known around the whole gang community but with others outside of the loop then I'd agree that this would be beneifical to them.

hellioni

Level 18
+1

If this is regarding re-writing it, I’m with ya. It’s very confusing, but what the rule is trying to ACTUALLY say is:

“When minorly assaulting someone, the full extent of your assault must either be knocking someone out or breaking one MINOR (Fingers, nose) bone.”

If someone has broken your characters leg/arm without majors, you should report it to staff and get it voided!!
+1 but also it's so dumb that nobody rps a broken finger but only a nose

Users who are viewing this thread