DivorcedDadRP
DivorcedDadRP
Rich
IGN: SnizzyMochii
DATE: July 20th 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Usable Custom Notebooks
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I believe this would not only benefit the server, it would encourage more people who want custom notebooks for their character to buy the custom item package! I believe it would benefit the player by allowing them to actually utilize their notebook rather than it just being a cosmetic item. It will allow them to write inside the book, instead of either using a Google doc, a separate notebook which takes up more inventory space, and or itemrp out writing in their journal, and having to either take screenshots, or just completely lose the data of the information rp'd!

Another reason I feel this would benefit the community is that it would give people more incentive to get notebooks when word gets out that custom notebooks are actually able to be used as a notebook! This will allow them to make their notebook more personalized and keen to them, rather than a plain notebook as everybody else, especially if they want to amp up their journalist rp! This could also benefit actual journalists! Such as maybe giving them a custom to write in ICly instead of having to take screenshots and re-write it afterwards in a document, they could write down the information in their very own custom made for their role journal! This will amp up RP and Sales for Custom packages! I think there is more Pros to this than Cons.

That Is why I believe it would benefit the server and community, to add a plugin where Custom Notebooks/Journals can be utilized like notebooks bought from the Family store!

sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+
love the idea of adding more customisation, though (correct me if i'm wrong) i unfortunately don't think it's possible to have multiple different models/textures for the book and quill.

Marulii

Level 15
DivorcedDadRP
DivorcedDadRP
Rich
love the idea of adding more customisation, though (correct me if i'm wrong) i unfortunately don't think it's possible to have multiple different models/textures for the book and quill.
It is entirely possible, it's the same reason there are different models for cars, and different models for fish, and different models for food, it all works off a plugin
(edit) In addition, I've added custom models to Minecraft servers before, and it is entirely able to even in Vanilla to add to a pack under different Custom Model numbers

sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+
It is entirely possible, it's the same reason there are different models for cars, and different models for fish, and different models for food, it all works off a plugin
(edit) In addition, I've added custom models to Minecraft servers before, and it is entirely able to even in Vanilla to add to a pack under different Custom Model numbers
i know this, but it would require to be the actual book and quill item to share the same editable book qualities the item holds. every other custom items on the server use horse armour as which obviously can be made into multiple different models, but I'm not sure if the same can be done for a book and quill is what I'm saying.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If this was implemented in the most straightforward way (putting the custom notebook model onto the book & quill item), it would allow for players to infinitely dupe their custom for cheap via a printer. Off the top of my head, I guess it could be possible to just prevent the printer from working if the item has a CustomModelData tag on it, but I'm not a developer for this server so take what I say with a grain of salt. If they can easily block people from duping their customs like this then sure, otherwise, it'd likely be more effort than it's worth.

i know this, but it would require to be the actual book and quill item to share the same editable book qualities the item holds. every other custom items on the server use horse armour as which obviously can be made into multiple different models, but I'm not sure if the same can be done for a book and quill is what I'm saying.
I haven't tested it myself, but I'm pretty sure signing the book via the minecraft "Sign" feature, it would remove the custom model property; however, if you were to use /book in-game, it should not do this, at least according to my own understanding of the command (which doesn't change any NBT data other than the author).

CakeRPiscool

Level 56
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
Neutral- the reason is because like someone mentioned it can be duped and I don’t know if you can stop this from happening

Marulii

Level 15
DivorcedDadRP
DivorcedDadRP
Rich
Neutral- the reason is because like someone mentioned it can be duped and I don’t know if you can stop this from happening
I am sure there is a way this can be prevented however, like they were also saying. I'm no developer, but I am more than sure this is more than possible, but I leave that up to the Developers and the Owner to decide.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We may add this in future, but you wouldn't be able to sign them or print them.​

Users who are viewing this thread