Using Languages... In books!

thornelle

Level 6
IGN:
Dogmuzzle

DATE:
December 29th, 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I had an idea of being able to use languages in books. Now, I understand this may be hard to implement, and I'm no expert on coding! But, what if there was command for only people who spoke the language the book was written in was able to read it and you make books legible in only your desired language.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think this could add depth to not only SRP's language system but also the roleplay experience it's self! I feel like it adds to that small area realism that SRP aims for.

[Note: I'm sorry if this has already been suggested]

barbs

Level 9
-1 / neutral

An easier way to go about this is to simply write that the book is scribed in a foreign language, and if anyone is capable of understanding it, you can share a translation of its contents

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I dont think this would be something they are able to do, its just easier just to put at the top of the first page (This text is unable to be read - (language here)) or something similar

thornelle

Level 6
-1 / neutral

An easier way to go about this is to simply write that the book is scribed in a foreign language, and if anyone is capable of understanding it, you can share a translation of its contents
I 100% agree with that but I feel like this will add a lot more depth because even if you write that the text is in another language it's still understandable ooc.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1/-1

It seems like a good idea but I don't think it'll impact much for the server, honestly. Like a few in the post mentioned, you could easily just do [!] The book would be written out in *language* [!]. If the developers are down with it, it would be genuinely cool to see, but it'll get boring fast, and someway, somehow, someone's gonna start abusing it by writing some inappropriate stuff in the book in an applied language.

DeeHax

Level 2
As a person who is proficient in different types code, yes, it would be hard to implement by itself, but with the languages plugin already, I could see an extension being somewhat possible. This idea would be fun, seeing as various rp aspects could be added.
+1

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Not a bad idea, though our backlog is very extensive and this can be done through [!] similar to signs, so long as you know the language in character​

Users who are viewing this thread