vamparys

Other accounts:
draculary
sakaiary
meowary

What is your discord username?
draculary

Describe your activity on the server:
For someone who runs around on three different accounts, I'd say my activity on them is fairly well and I tend to keep up good activity on them. I usually range from 4+ hours on SRP a day and that's including having work and school online. I still find time throughout those things for the roles I play on SRP since they aren't roles that I can be inactive on. Since I've played on SRP I've always been pretty active on them, besides when I first joined and decided to take a break since there wasn't much for me and I had been too afraid to apply for any factions but that's changed now. Some may think it'd be tricky to handle multiple roles, but I already do well with the ones I have now so adding this on would have no issues with my activity in the factions I'm in. I'm hoping, if anything, becoming a part of EMS will increase my activity on SRP since I've been wanting to try out something new, besides what I already do, and want to learn more.

What is your timezone?:
CST

List your current and past applications:
KPD application - accepted!
Shopkeeper application - accepted!
Staff application - denied
College application - accepted!
(Back when we had to write an application to be accepted into college)

Multiple other language and height apps - accepted!

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have lots of experience with roleplay, I've done it for quite a while at a young age on multiple other apps or games besides SRP and have since then worked on my writing which is still being worked on since there’s a lot I have yet to learn. I play important roles on SRP that do involve some sort of roleplay and even then, I find myself interacting with a lot of people's characters, families, and different events. My characters are usually always involved with someone or something and I like to include myself into scenarios so I can develop the lore of my character or simply just to cure boredom. I’ve played SRP for a few years now and since then I’ve grown a lot within my roleplay, going from one-sentence actions to having to append 3 times and still /it which I’m proud of.
As mentioned, before I'm in three different factions that revolve around different sorts of roleplaying, like with my shopkeeper account I usually try to make hiring people more realistic by bringing them in and having them interview. I'll usually start by asking them some questions and getting to know them more ICLY. As for KPD, there's usually a lot more interactions with people than some others think. I'll find myself having detailed conversations with other KPD members, government members, or sometimes even other people that come across KPD.
Writing is something I often enjoy doing, of course when it's on my own time or when I want to which is pretty often. There are hardly ever any times where I will go back to my namemc days and give small actions since I'm used to usually detailing things out. Adding EMS to my roleplay experience will hopefully help me learn more things within my writing and give me more of an idea of how things in the medical field.

What is your motivation for applying?
I’ve been curious about how the EMS side of things works since I know how KPD handles things and since we work alongside them, I’ve grown curious about how things work there or different situations they might go through. I love to involve myself in different things on SRP which is why I've applied for other factions or tried out other things because of being able to experience different things. Before I didn’t think I had enough courage or thought I wouldn’t have enough knowledge to go into it, but you never know till you try it which is what I’m doing by applying. I hope to learn new things throughout this faction and possibly be able to meet others and have a broader roleplay experience that could potentially help me with my experience overall on SRP and further my writing skills since roleplay is a big part of EMS. I’ve also taken note recently that the demand for psychiatrists is higher, noticing calls asking for psychiatrists is something I see more often now so I want to provide people help with that and make the psych part of EMS active within the community.
I've also gotten to know some of the members apart of EMS who are really cool so it's pulled me in more to try out for EMS and give it a try, see if it's something I could potentially be really good at, just to test the waters.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
In all honesty, since I do not want to be the kind of person who goes back and forth between other people’s applications which they’ve taken time for then just copy things down into different words, there aren’t many things I’ve had knowledge over EMS besides the smaller things that I’ve taken to note from the KPD side and college classes given by randomly like radioing, evaluations between KPD, what kind of questions psychiatrists ask and what process they go through, different emergency codes, etc. I’m hoping to jump into EMS and learn a lot of new stuff which I know I will with training and new information being given. I’m a quick learner so I’m positive I’ll catch onto things quickly within EMS and not have to drag anyone.
Although my knowledge of hospital work isn’t much, I’m willing to learn every procedure, rule, or anything we have to know within EMS. Just as I jumped into different factions without any knowledge but caught on quickly, I'm positive it'll be the same with EMS.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Absolutely.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I’m 100% ready to be dedicated to the role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Understood and acknowledged.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I understand that fully.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Silus Marceau

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male | He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Master’s degree in child and Adolescent & Forensics Psychology
Minors in Business

Character’s Nationality:
French

Character’s Marital Status:
Widowed

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
JSL, Spanish & French

Backstory (100+ Words)

On August 17th at 3:18 AM, Silus Marceau was brought into the world by Anastasia and Lucien Marceau. At the birth of Silus, the doctors and nurses had found it interesting that Silus hardly even cried out, thinking that something was wrong, but he was ruled out to be a perfectly healthy baby. The Marceau's were a French family who came from a wealthy background, his father being a CEO and his mother a famous pianist, people were always jealous of them thinking they were a perfect family but behind closed doors things had been a bit differently. Silus' parents had always argued day and night since the day he was born, sometimes they'd be too busy arguing and fighting that their maid had often been the one to take care of him. Some would say it was the reason he grew up at such a young age, at the age of around 6, Silus was reading books in their library instead of going outside to play with other children, doing things any child would be doing like tag, coloring or sharing funny stories. Reading books was a sort of escape route for him, avoiding his argumentative parents and his father who was always onto him about something, making the poor kid think he was the whole issue revolving around them fighting. Kids at school would pick at him for being the 'weird kid' since he had been so quiet, never having any friends that bothered to play alongside him till October 13th, a petite girl with messy pigtails and a bright expression had approached him named Genevieve. Silus had been 10 around this time now when he met the exact opposite of him, she was always tailing behind him trying to get him to play or even show the slightest bit of a smile, but she struggled and although she did, she never seemed to leave him alone or give up. Genevieve had been the opposite of Silus personality-wise but also financially since she came from a family who lived in a less wealthy household. Eventually though and shockingly enough, Genevieve got him to speak and open up just a slight bit, getting him to do activities a kid would do like coloring and playing soccer. He'd often spend more time at her home with her family who would make him smile and feel as if he had a family who paid attention to him. Silus would come home late at times without notice of his parents, sometimes they wouldn't even be home since they were busy at work, but it was something he had quickly gotten used to.

Getting into his teenage years, the arguments between his parents had quickly begun to get more aggressive and physical, the more aggressiveness coming from his father who was 5 times the size than he and his mother were. Often Silus would intervene between them and try to protect his mother from his father's harsh moves, but it always resulted in Silus taking the beat down for his mother. He'd end up with multiple bruises that he'd have people cover over with makeup so they wouldn't be seen in interviews and public the next day. His father had paid no mind to his son and that caused an abundance of annoyance for Silus which resulted in him involving himself in a bunch of sports like tennis, swimming, and soccer, including any other activities he could get his hands on. From there he'd win over a bunch of awards and trophies along with the attention of others, and even then, he wasn't satisfied due to the fact his most desired attention was to be from his father, yet he continued not to receive any. Silus didn't want to admit to himself that was the reason he was doing so much, just to gain the attention and acceptance from his dead-beat father who continued to call him horrible names and beat him down for anything he did. For a while he struggled at home and school, too much had been going through his head and there was no access for him to get any sort of help since his father didn't want the media to see his son going to a psychiatrist when they were supposed to be a happy normal family. Day after day it was the same thing, he woke up to an empty home and came back to his parents arguing till one day he came back from school to notice his mother's car gone, none of her coats had been hung up and things felt way too quiet which made Silus go snoop around to see. Anastasia had left, being too tired to put up with anything anymore, she upped and left the household which caused a heavy pain to Silus seeing she didn't even bother to tell him or leave a note aside for him. The disappearance of his mother had caused a breaking point where Silus rushed over to his father and stirred up an argument.
"You are worthless just as your mother was."
The last words Silus remembers hearing before adrenaline took over him and the two began to physically fight and throw stuff, from there things blacked out and Silus woke up in a hospital bed located in their house with the vision in his right eye gone. It caused panic to rush throughout his body, hurrying to see what it was only to see there was an eyepatch covering over it. Silus was too afraid to even see what was under, so he never bothered to. He wasted no time, at the age of 18 he packed up his bags and stole one of his father's vehicles to drive off, he wasn't sure where but as long as it was far away from that monster of a man it was fine.

Traveling from city to city trying to find a good place to live, he ended up in Massachusetts where things had been much calmer around and it was farther than where he had lived. Silus decided to buy his apartment and settle down, still keeping in touch with Genevieve who eventually made her way down there to live with him. Things had been going perfectly for Silus now, there was no longer any more screaming and objects being thrown, and there was no father there to belittle him. It was only Genevieve in his life now, a girl who his father began to take notice of and dislike due to her background. Even though Silus had been so far, his father still managed to keep tabs on him, sending people around him to watch him closely and make sure no one would notice who he was. The two young adults helped each other study, both wanting to go into the same field, Genevieve wanting to become a surgeon and Silus a psychiatrist. The two would stay up long nights and question each other on different things, attend college together, and do all sorts of things, it was as if nothing could get any better. At the age of 22, Silus decided to finally propose, and not too long after the two went off to court to official it. The news of the newlywed couple was sent directly to his father, causing him to lose it since the plan was to marry off Silus to another wealthy family and make business partners with a big company. It had caused so much anger that he had planned things out throughout the years and as he did that, Silus was living his life happily alongside his wife and studies, finally feeling like he made a home with someone who finally cared and loved for him.
Of course, happy things never last for Silus. On a random Thursday night, Silus had gone home to share the news with his wife about getting into a better medical school. Upon walking in, the sight of his wife laying down unresponsive caused him to completely break down and go numb, his whole body felt as if it went limp, shock running throughout him. The cause of death was something Silus couldn't bring himself to believe, after all the two had gone through there had been no way she'd be selfish to do something like that. Even though he felt like he could do more, he felt no energy to and the best thing he could do at that moment was to run away just like when his mother disappeared.

Now Silus ended up in another country, Japan, where things were new like the language and people, there were much more opportunities but ones that took time for him to even get to since he had still been mourning the loss of his wife.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Child and adolescent psychiatry are Silus' specialty and mostly what he focused on. He had gone through the study and processes of multiple other categories of psychiatry but seeing where he came from and how he struggled emotionally, Child and Adolescent was the one that mostly caught his attention. Silus struggled to get any sort of help as he grew up dealing with toxic parents who wouldn't even allow him to see a psychiatrist or else it'd ruin their image so he wanted to change that for other kids or teens so they could receive the help he never got to receive. Silus wants to provide a sort of security for those who are going through something emotionally draining and just need someone to talk to, lending a hand out to kids and teens so they don't end up almost making mistakes he made as a teen growing up. Alongside wanting to help, he was also curious about the brain mindset of different ages and what they had gone through differently, seeing what sorts of things trigger certain disorders and at what age they worsened.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Once graduating from medical school, Silus was quick to look up what residencies would fit him perfectly and where exactly. Massachusetts General Hospital had been offering a two-year program of specialized training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, so he was quick to take up the offer seeing how it had been a really good program and hospital. From there, during those two years, he went on to doing different sessions with kids aged from 5 up to about 18 and getting to know the different types of disorders, coping mechanisms, and medications to aid them. He was able to learn a lot from there, basically teaching him all the things that he knows now.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
After completing a residency in Massachusetts, he stayed in the same hospital where he worked himself up the ladder as a psychiatrist, almost making it to becoming a senior till he stumbled upon a horrible event that caused him to move over to Japan and wound up in Karakura where he now seeks for a new job opportunity in the same field, hoping to still offer the same kind of help he managed to in Massachusetts.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Silus did take a grab at an offer from Harvard where they offered a program for psychiatrists and different types of medical fields he would sometimes take a study in, but his main focus was psychiatry.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?

1692386333854.png
Stood before you would be a lanky man standing at 6'4 with very fair pale skin and a straight posture at all times, almost seeming as if he was a vampire from some sort of movie. Although his height makes him grab others' attention, an eye patch covering his right eye is another unique feature that some tend to question or stare at. It's unknown what he seems to hide under there, whether it be a missing eye, a nasty scar or possibly hiding the color of his eye, who knew? The visible eye was a dull blue almost seeming as if it was grey. Dark black hair runs down his shoulders and halfway down his back, usually keeping up well with it being put neatly. Taking another closer look at Silus, one would notice his sharp canine teeth when he flashes a smile or laughs, subtle eyebags, and a strong cheekbone structure along with a sharp jawline.
When it comes to wearing outfits, Silus tends to do pretty well with what he wears. He usually sticks to dark color palettes like red, black, grey, and other sorts of colors like that. Although he may not seem like it, he tends to take an interest in fashion and the sorts, always wanting to be dressed in the fanciest of clothing and never wanting to look as if he had just gotten out of bed. Silus speaks with a deep voice, a strong French accent peeking throughout it which some might think is tricky to understand but he manages. It's luring and some comment about it being soothing.

Personality-wise, people from his past would say that he had no personality or lacked any emotion which wasn't entirely wrong but also had been because they would be too afraid to even approach him. Silus was the kind of person who came off as intimidating but once given a chance to get to know, there's emotion hidden behind his strong put-up front, making him fun or interesting to talk to. It wasn't entirely too hard to get past behind the wall he's put up, but it could be tricky depending on the person, there's much more to get to know about him.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty:

Silus acts professionally on duty, as he should since he is an EMS worker. He usually wears a serious expression and tends to take things seriously, not being one to take sarcasm very well but he’s working on it. When it comes to work, he is very fast-paced despite how tired he may seem, he’s usually awake and hyper-aware of his surroundings. Silus does well as a multitasker, being able to run from patient to patient and handle them all with care, not having to speed through things poorly. Although he may seem rude or egotistical at a glance to other people when it comes to the job, Silus likes to present himself in a serious but more open sort of way, so he won't go on scaring off the patients. He’s a perfectionist so there won’t ever have to be a worry about things being sloppy when it comes to Silus’ work.

Off Duty:
Silus usually acts the same off-duty, keeping up the same serious mannerisms except he may be a bit slow-paced with things then. Not that he has a social life or likes to interact with others, he’d usually be found reading books in a library or sipping coffee on the side of a store. Silus would be the type of worker to hardly ever take an off-duty day unless given an actual reasonable reason. There isn't much around Karakura that interests him yet in wanting to do or explore, hardly even meeting any people around.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Silus would very much prefer to work on his own and find it easier to do it that way, he'd be able to handle more things and be better focused with just himself on a task. Although he is a good teacher and tends to explain things very well to others, he doesn't like to usually wait for people and is practicing bettering his patience skills. Teamwork is something important that Silus wouldn't complain about, it's simply just a preference for him to work alone. He completely understands that some things may need more than one person or if the work gets too overloaded, he wouldn't be afraid to ask someone else for a hand in help. Complaining or whining is something Silus would never do so if he were assigned something with a team, it would get done just as fast and mannerly as it would if he were doing it by himself.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Due to having a father who was always onto Silus about being the best and being better than everyone, his future was always planned out for him instead of himself choosing what to do about it. His given plans consisted of attending school, obtaining a master’s degree in the medical field, and becoming something within the field which led to him choosing to become a psychiatrist. Silus hasn’t thought too far ahead of that besides wanting to help people mentally and emotionally so they could receive the help he lacked getting when he was younger. He isn’t one to worry about the future since he was so used to it being planned for him, so he just goes with the flow of things.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Silus is perceived as intimidating at first look due to the cold stern expression he always seems to wear. Once getting to know him, most would comment about him being rather quiet and quite introverted, almost seeming as if he was scheming things in his head. It doesn’t contrast much from what Silus thinks of himself, he finds himself being cold to some when he isn’t working. His attitude towards patients is different from when he isn’t on the job, treating them differently than what he does with those close to him. He gives others respect and holds well manners but still seems to show some of his coldness at times. Silus is like a closed book, a pretty thick book that people tend to pass by and not bother to open up and read.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread