Veganlaser#6323

PREVIOUS BANS:
1 ban for ERP (resolved)

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
yes I do

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Miko also known as a shrine maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
(This is a note this account is my alt account so you may need to check my main account for activity) I am a 3D modeler for the server so most of the time i wouldn't be on as much as I used to because I am mostly remaking/making models i am always on my main account due to having nothing to do on my alt which is the one I am currently applying for so I spend 12 hours a day on the server and I am looking to increase the activity on my alt as well

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?

on the religion itself i don't know too much about but what I do know is that it's a religion that originated in Japan and is mostly used for the worship of ancestors and nature spirits i am mostly looking forward to learning about the religion because I am interested in Japanese culture and how it works

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

For the amount of time I spend on SRP, I would say I'm in fit for this position because I'm always trying t increase my knowledge and activity and I mostly want to apply to increase the activity and learn about the religion because it seems very interesting to know about and I could offer great activity to learn and help others understand more about the monastery
In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

April Tomochika

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am applying because I was born Japanese and when I heard about the culture I became very interested in the religion and want to learn more being a regular citizen and visiting the monastery can be very fun and educational but I want to do more I want to help myself and others learn about the religion and working here could boost my experience if I ever decide to leave and whenever I try to visit the monastery there isn't usually any maiden there I would also like to change that so when people visit the monastery there would always be someone to help or teach them about the religion so I would just wander around studying the facility and being curious about what I could learn as a shrine maiden i am always willing to learn more about Japanese religion so working her could help me a lot in doing that

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

From what I studied is that the monastery once burnt down by one of its final priests. In early 2004, except for one the original shrine if I remember correctly it currently stands as the current highest structure within the grounds and closest to the kami which was for the Yama-No-Kami another thing I know is that the monastery was built before civilization and was still popular for pilgrims and acolytes to visit, but approaching the modern age- especially during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries would the monastery have lost interest from its citizens- due to the majority of the nature surrounding this site was plowed and taken down for civilization to grow. It is rumored that, due to the previous fire, many gods that had resided in that monastery had fled, leaving a single god. They grew irritated by their loneliness- angry that the shrine was left to ruin, and began to wreak havoc over Karakura, causing fierce storms and abnormal weather to reign over Karakurafor weeks on end

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
She was was an overall ecstatic person always cheerful and willing to learnnew things, she has always been fascinated with japanese culture shes mostly known for her childish behavior and high pitched voice she is not very different from other people and she wants to learn as much about shintonism as possible thats why she is applying to become a miko at the karakura monastary
LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Hello!, Shrine Lead i would love to work at the monastery as Shrine a Maiden I because it's my dream to learn and understand more about Japanese culture ad also to help others understand it too and how important it is to Japanese culture I chose this shrine in Kamakura because it seems to be the only place I can find that I think I would enjoy working at
Karakura monastery

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?

On the way to the shrine, you will see a small pavilion with a basin filled with water; this (called the chozuya) is where you purify yourself before approaching the main shrine. Fill the ladle with water and pour some water on your left hand, then right hand. Next, clean your mouth by holding the ladle in your right hand again and pouring some water into your left hand and rinse lightly - don’t wash your mouth directly from the ladle! Finally, hold the ladle vertically, allowing for the remaining water to trickle down the handle and cleaning it. If you’re visiting in the winter, don’t skip this step just because it’s too cold!

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
There are many but one of the most common and simple ways is visitors to a Shinto shrine follow a purification ritual before presenting themselves to the kami. This ritual begins with hand washing and swallowing and later spitting a small amount of water in front of the shrine to purify the body, heart, and mind.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

Their role in contemporary Shintō has been much depreciated -- their main tasks today are mostly to assist the male priests, clean the shrine compound, sell amulets at the shrine shop, perform dances, and assist in shrine rituals and prayers. Women can train to become shrine priests, but few women elect this path.​

In Shinto, a Miko is a shrine maiden or a supplementary priestess. Miko was once likely seen as shamans, but are understood in modern Japanese culture to be an institutionalized role in daily shrine life, trained to perform tasks, ranging from sacred cleansing to performing the sacred Kagura dance.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

From what i learned the most common way is I would tell them what the procedure would be, then informing them to bring the baby back after a month, 31 days for a boy, and 33 for a girl. When the date came, I would then wish the baby a life of happiness and health.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

i would first begin telling them the basics about the shrine, giving them the history of the shrine and why its important to be respectful on the grounds of the shrine, and also some background information on the religion

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery?

The Yama-no-Kami is the current god that resides at the Monastery.​

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you haven't already (as we've moved to the Town Discord), go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Shinkan role (make sure to include your age) ; if no staff are able to assist fill out a form here for staff to get back to you

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread